• Views 1,131,629
  • Replies 4,613
  • Likes 77

SJ64

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would it be possible to have cheats that could let you add, remove, and change furniture whenever you like? As in, change the the positions of items in villagers' houses?

PowerMiner

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think ACNL's update likes NTR 3.4. Downgrade to 3.3.

Can we use the grass cheat to grow back grass on main street or does it only work in town? I tried on main street but I don't think it worked (or I wasn't sure where to go to do the cheat I'm guessing you need to do it where there are no villagers so I went to the fossil area of the museum, entered R+A, and came back, but it was the same.)

Is this something that can be added if it's not already intended as a feature? I'll try again with 3.3 and hitting R+A in numerous areas.

RyDog

Lazy Animal Crossing hacks
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would it be possible to have cheats that could let you add, remove, and change furniture whenever you like? As in, change the the positions of items in villagers' houses?
I believe villager's houses have a algorithm on where they put their furniture, so it won't be possible to permanently change the furniture's position. Adding/removing furniture is possible, but I'd rather not make it since it can lead to abuse, as City Folk had a similar code.
Can we use the grass cheat to grow back grass on main street or does it only work in town? I tried on main street but I don't think it worked (or I wasn't sure where to go to do the cheat I'm guessing you need to do it where there are no villagers so I went to the fossil area of the museum, entered R+A, and came back, but it was the same.)

Is this something that can be added if it's not already intended as a feature? I'll try again with 3.3 and hitting R+A in numerous areas.
no, this cheat only restores the grass in your town, the grass in mainstreet is just hard coded to have those bald spots.

SJ64

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe villager's houses have a algorithm on where they put their furniture, so it won't be possible to permanently change the furniture's position. Adding/removing furniture is possible, but I'd rather not make it since it can lead to abuse, as City Folk had a similar code.
I was guessing that would be the case. Oh well. Say, a lot of people requested a house expansion editor/cheat. Do you think that would be possible to add? If not, is there at least some way of changing it through opening the garden_plus.dat file in a hex editor?

PowerMiner

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

no, this cheat only restores the grass in your town, the grass in mainstreet is just hard coded to have those bald spots.

Oh, I've also noticed it's not saving the grass restoration in my town... Do I need to dig every spot with previously dead grass in the ground to make it "register" it?

RyDog

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, I've also noticed it's not saving the grass restoration in my town... Do I need to dig every spot with previously dead grass in the ground to make it "register" it?
The game is hard coded to have those dead spots on the next day. It's out of my control.

agamemn0n

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You don't use BootNTR 3.3, you use NTR 3.3.

I don't know if that's what I was using or not, though. I can't find a single download for anything, I just picked one up from some YouTube video. Do you have a link, or can you point me in the right direction? Sorry I'm such a noob with this.

Edit: I can find 3.2 but not 3.3...

Edit 2: Wait.. Are you talking about the .bin... I think I have a 3.3 bin, I'll see if it works in a minute.

Last edited by agamemn0n,

agamemn0n

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Using NTR 3.3 worked to some degree. I can open the game without it crashing and enable cheats. But, once I try to load my profile, I get the same error as before.

RyDog

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Using NTR 3.3 worked to some degree. I can open the game without it crashing and enable cheats. But, once I try to load my profile, I get the same error as before.
Which cheats are you trying?
Suggestion: Instant Cyrus' item customization...
I'll look into it. I was thinking about making mini game codes too but it kind of takes the fun out of them... (really fun games btw :yay3ds:)

Reactions: MitPro

Antisocial

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The item code 23e9 for "polka-dot wallpaper", the wallpaper shows up in my inventory as "???"
When I use it as wallpaper in the house it is definitely not polka-dots.

uriri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want to second this, it would make it much easier to customize objects. Since there is no easy way to use a code to modify furniture properties.

I sometimes tend to manually customized the item's hex code using HxD.

00 04, 00 08, 00 12, etc.. sometimes I get lucky in getting the right customized item, sometimes the game crashes when I drop the edited item lol buy yeah, hopefully someone can do this.

TinchoX

Azure Flame Kite
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Thanks for updating the plugin!!
Now I can fix my messy town once more.

Keep up the good work, looking forward for new and improved codes.

Last edited by TinchoX,
Reactions: Splat_Red

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L958sMz1kWs +2