Hacking Official [Release] CakesFW

mid-kid

GBAtemp spamBOT
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't understand what this means. could you or someone else please explain? What is webMultiloader and ROP chains?

The ROP chain is what loads Cakes. On the 3ds there are a few methods of loading a ROP chain. The two we use are Spider and MSET. Spider's ROP chain is downloaded from the web site. MSET's, however, has to be installed to the DS profile data. CakesROP.nds does just that, but you need a flashcard. The code.bin I posted installs it via the spider exploit on 4.x.

TheNerdWIzard

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The ROP chain is what loads Cakes. On the 3ds there are a few methods of loading a ROP chain. The two we use are Spider and MSET. Spider's ROP chain is downloaded from the web site. MSET's, however, has to be installed to the DS profile data. CakesROP.nds does just that, but you need a flashcard. The code.bin I posted installs it via the spider exploit on 4.x.
Ok, thanks, I understand. I had MSET my my 3ds, but I updated to 9.2 so I could do things like ram injects and play newer games. I switch from using pasta to cake because cake can be loaded using the spider exploit. I know the new rxtools has spider, but I didn't feel like messing with it. Now I don't have to boot cubic ninja to load pasta. Cake is so much easier and quicker. Now if only there was a way to permanently install the sig patches, that would be great.

laharl22

Trophies
XP
Country
France
On a old old3ds with RX pasta its recommended to update on 9.2 for spider or stay 4.5 with RX emunand?

mid-kid

GBAtemp spamBOT
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, sorry for not noticing every single one who reverse engine my work.
You know, there are many ones

I understand.
Though, there's only two projects which use your work reversed. and this one only uses the FIRM patches (reversed, at least. Stuff was taken from your open source stuff too).

Last edited by mid-kid,

Syphurith

Beginner
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Well, sorry for not noticing every single one who reverse engine my work.
You know, there are many ones
First, let me apologize for ever did something with your main.dat. Then that's really nice to see you here, really, again.
You must have done much hard work to decrypt the firm and patch it to let it boot into emunand.
Indeed i'm a little surprised to see this cakefw, which implemented what you may have done with your file001.bin.
.. Eh.. Sorry for you again. I have no other words suitable to say. Hope your exam is passed.

Last edited by Syphurith, , Reason: ...

mid-kid

GBAtemp spamBOT
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
But impossible without other software/hardware like cubic ninja, gateway or hardmod, right? I don't own any of these, but the scene continues every day

Once you can install CIA's over the network with this, it may become possible. ;)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://youtu.be/HzRGkeVySqE?si=RpzYP5tJsOViNLRj