ROM Hack [Release] Dragon Quest Monsters - Joker 3 NTR Plugin

LysergCooltyp

I don't know why the microwave burns
Trophies
XP
Country
This is right...
And I still don't know what could be wrong...

Gesendet von meinem E5823 mit Tapatalk
Darn, guess I'm gonna re-download all 3 plugin folders then and overwrite what I currently have and if that doesn't fix it play without them.

blackwrensniper

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, thanks a lot! Just black screen. The wierd thing is that if I push x+y it opens the ntr cfw, but if i select to turn off or anything it freezes. The only way is to turn off the 3ds pushing the power button
I got the black screen too, selecting 3.3 (I think, the middle boot option in NTRSelector) allowed it to boot up just fine. No idea if any codes are broken due to that but the ones I tried worked fine.

Last edited by blackwrensniper,
Reactions: Akhata and ManCloud

ManCloud

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I'm really out of ideas.
I just set-up my o3ds... And everything works too...
Installed BootNTR Selector, default setting, booted 3.6...
Everything fine...

I don't get it...

blackwrensniper

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Damn, already trying to install a different version, but thanks! :D
When booting the game keep an eye on the top screen, it should flash a color (green). If it doesn't close the game from the home menu and try again. 3.3 seems unreliable, but it works for me about half the time. Scout 100% works too, just tried it.

Reactions: Akhata

ManCloud

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
When booting the game keep an eye on the top screen, it should flash a color (green). If it doesn't close the game from the home menu and try again. 3.3 seems unreliable, but it works for me about half the time. Scout 100% works too, just tried it.
Does the battle scope also work?
Cause while programming the overlay didn't work on 3.3 and the documentation also says, that overlay was first introduced with 3.4...

blackwrensniper

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does the battle scope also work?
Cause while programming the overlay didn't work on 3.3 and the documentation also says, that overlay was first introduced with 3.4...

Nope, it doesn't. Can't boot into the main menu on 3.6 though so it's a small sacrifice given I wouldn't use that code anyway.

EDIT: Hmm... Oddly enough I tried 3.6 again just now and it finally worked. It froze 4 times before i tried 3.3 and now it just loaded fine. Weird. Oh and for the record I would love that code to have infinite coins in the wi-fi area too. I have no desire to do the online stuff just to rebuy monsters I already got once, can't get again otherwise, and are used in numerous fusions.

Last edited by blackwrensniper,
Reactions: ManCloud

GameSystem

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope, it doesn't. Can't boot into the main menu on 3.6 though so it's a small sacrifice given I wouldn't use that code anyway.

EDIT: Hmm... Oddly enough I tried 3.6 again just now and it finally worked. It froze 4 times before i tried 3.3 and now it just loaded fine. Weird. Oh and for the record I would love that code to have infinite coins in the wi-fi area too. I have no desire to do the online stuff just to rebuy monsters I already got once, can't get again otherwise, and are used in numerous fusions.
You can get coins from completing the offline Monster GP Arena in post-game. You'll have more than enough to buy anything multiple times. With the "monsters don't disappear after fusion" cheat already here, it will no longer be an issue. It's a workaround if the coin code doesn't get made.

Reactions: ManCloud

ManCloud

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

If used in fusions, just use the "keep fusion monsters" code and voila ^^
<<--- nevermind, already said xD

And thank you for feedback!

Last edited by ManCloud,

GameSystem

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@ManCloud The issue is that multiple people were playing before the NTR plugin and already used Break Slime. It makes it worse because he is required for a scout mission. You only get one in the entire game unless you buy them from the wifi plaza. The only way to do that is to get network coins.

ManCloud

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@ManCloud The issue is that multiple people were playing before the NTR plugin and already used Break Slime. It makes it worse because he is required for a scout mission. You only get one in the entire game unless you buy them from the wifi plaza. The only way to do that is to get network coins.
Alright... I'll see what I can do (one I get coins xD)

gamerboy1995

Trophies
Website
facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
I get fatal crashes every time I attempt to load any battles with the following setup:
HW: o3ds
FW: 11.6.0-39U
CFW: Luma3DS v9.0
BootNTR: 2.11
NTR-CFW: 3.6
Game Image: original japanese from "that iso site" + 1.1 update + luma patch files

When I load the game with NTR turned off, it works perfectly fine. However, if I load it using NTR, it chrashes on entering a battle, even when I don't turn on any of the cheats.

Edit: It still crashes if I revert to Luma 8.1.1 too

Last edited by gamerboy1995,

ManCloud

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I get fatal crashes every time I attempt to load any battles with the following setup:
HW: o3ds
FW: 11.6.0-39U
CFW: Luma3DS v9.0
BootNTR: 2.11
NTR-CFW: 3.6
Game Image: original japanese from "that iso site" + 1.1 update + luma patch files

When I load the game with NTR turned off, it works perfectly fine. However, if I load it using NTR, it chrashes on entering a battle, even when I don't turn on any of the cheats.

Edit: It still crashes if I revert to Luma 8.1.1 too
I'm sure I know what's the problem and I'll solve it on the next version. It seems that there're some codes that work on every console and some that only work on certain consoles cause of memory mapping...
That (sadly) means that there seems to be no way to provide a stable battle modifier as the address is unpredictable changing (only affects battle scope and 1-hit Ko).

For everyone getting reproduceable crashes while using the plugin:
Please deactivate the plugin, install the blank "ntrpf" plugin, do what lead to the crash, make a memdump and give it to me so I can analyze the addresses.

gamerboy1995

Trophies
Website
facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm sure I know what's the problem and I'll solve it on the next version. It seems that there're some codes that work on every console and some that only work on certain consoles cause of memory mapping...
That (sadly) means that there seems to be no way to provide a stable battle modifier as the address is unpredictable changing (only affects battle scope and 1-hit Ko).

For everyone getting reproduceable crashes while using the plugin:
Please deactivate the plugin, install the blank "ntrpf" plugin, do what lead to the crash, make a memdump and give it to me so I can analyze the addresses.

Well, even with cheats turned off, just loading the game with the plugin installed was causing a crash at the start of every battle, so I'm not sure if that's the problem. That being said, I've started to get crashes even without the plugin now, so I think I'll give up on this game for now and play one of the other games I haven't finished yet.

ManCloud

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Well, even with cheats turned off, just loading the game with the plugin installed was causing a crash at the start of every battle, so I'm not sure if that's the problem. That being said, I've started to get crashes even without the plugin now, so I think I'll give up on this game for now and play one of the other games I haven't finished yet.
Well it's written in the translation thread that there still some bugs... And it's because the infight analyzer is running even if cheats are deactivated.

gamerboy1995

Trophies
Website
facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
Well it's written in the translation thread that there still some bugs... And it's because the infight analyzer is running even if cheats are deactivated.

Yeah, I get that there's some bugs still but I'm getting crashes several times in a row just exploring the overworld in the undead area, which isn't one of the bugs listed in the translation thread. That would make sense, in regards to the crashes for the cheats, though.

ManCloud

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yeah, I get that there's some bugs still but I'm getting crashes several times in a row just exploring the overworld in the undead area, which isn't one of the bugs listed in the translation thread. That would make sense, in regards to the crashes for the cheats, though.
You wrote u use the original Japanese game from "that is site"... Translated CIA or really "original"?

ManCloud

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@GameSystem used your savefile for network coins manipulation.
It worked and I was able to get monsters open end...
But after saving the coins turned to 0 and even after changing again to 99 or so only items are working.
No more monsters (crashes if you try to open)
But I'll look what else I can do.

Plus I got black screen trying to load title screen using your savefile, ntr 3.6 and my plugin.

That's nice as I can now look, what's the problem ^^

Stay tuned ^^

Last edited by ManCloud,
Reactions: Akhata

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay