• Likes 87

Asia81

Yuri Lover ~
Trophies
XP
Country
France
So...
I need something, when creating the emunand, to format it once created.
With that, we don't need anymore to unlink manually nands, and can use the first settings on the first boot of you new emunand.

Am I understood xD ?

dark_samus3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So...
With that, we don't need anymore to unlink manually nands, and can use the first settings on the first boot of you new emunand.

Am I understood xD ?
Yeah I get what you're saying, however this is probably not easily possible from emuNAND9 due to the way it boots (it crashes all of the 3ds's services) this is probably better suited to an arm11 userland homebrew, we'll see what @d0k3 has to say about it though :)

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
I was just thinking, a CFW should pick up gateway support... That way there will be ZERO reason to EVER use gateway software.... Would even benefit the DSTWO+ card that had some reported bricks
what is wrong with using the gw software?
i think it has the best features.
gw already has gw support lol

Asia81

Yuri Lover ~
Trophies
XP
Country
France
And GW was the very first innovators to share something, as themselves said.
Even if it's a cost solution, we need a begin for all.

dark_samus3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what is wrong with using the gw software?
i think it has the best features.
gw already has gw support lol
GW might have been first but, the reason for this application (emuNAND9), and other apps (sysupdater, decrypt9, save data managers, cart dumpers, and last but not least CFW) is because gateway does EVERYTHING in a really dirty, unclean, unsafe manner... not to mention intentionally coding in bricking commands into their software... do you want to use software that has the potential advantage to brick your console whenever it feels like it? Sure there are things that have risk (like downgrading) but GW's software will just downright brick a device if certain conditions are met... I don't care WHAT reason you have you DO NOT brick $100+ consoles. Aside from that they hold back a lot of information on their stuff... Sure they got the community going initially, but their support is terrible, their software does everything in the most unsafe way possible (seriously it's like they were trying to brick their paying customers)

let's put it this way....
Who discovered MSET? Ichfly
Who discovered the Cubic Ninja entrypoint? Smea
Who discovered OoT entrypoint? Yellows8
Who discovered kernel exploits for 5.0+? Yellows8 (he discovered memchunkhax and firmlaunchax)
Who made homebrew exploits (which GW now has as an entrypoint)? Smea (and possibly others)
10.3 emuNAND support? (not actually sure who figured it out, but it wasn't GW)
memchunkhax2? derrek
NTRcardhax (which they will most likely end up using)? plutoo

So really GW wouldn't be where it is without the community, yet they give nothing back to it other than an expensive product and a dangerous piece of software to use with it...

tl;dr: GW is bad

Reactions: Syphurith

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
GW is bad
for me GW is great, cheats, best region free, play games without installing anyting.
i do not care about who did what, about politics, etc.
if we cared so deeply we wouldn't be hacking the 3ds anyway or at least not pirating lol

if i was dirt poor, I'd probably using cfw. but, i can afford the best, in my opinion, solutions

Last edited by cearp,
Reactions: Asia81

EthanObi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hate being the one to ask, but each time I try to dump SysNAND to NAND.BIN I get an error saying the process failed, Downgraded 10.3->9.1 Japanese N3DS, what do I do? is the Nand.Bin necessary or am I just doing something wrong? ;\

dark_samus3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hate being the one to ask, but each time I try to dump SysNAND to NAND.BIN I get an error saying the process failed, Downgraded 10.3->9.1 Japanese N3DS, what do I do? is the Nand.Bin necessary or am I just doing something wrong? ;\
you probably got a bad downgrade... try the downgrade process again

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Only necessary if u brick sysNAND

Shadowtrance

Trophies
XP
Country
not sure then... Try with Decrypt9?
I've noticed a few ppl having this issue with Emunand9 trying to dump their sysnand and it failing.
The thing is as far as i know there's no difference in the nand dumping between this and Decrypt9 (I'd have to inspect the code sections of both to confirm of course), so kinda odd that it fails with this and not D9.

dark_samus3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've noticed a few ppl having this issue with Emunand9 trying to dump their sysnand and it failing.
The thing is as far as i know there's no difference in the nand dumping between this and Decrypt9 (I'd have to inspect the code sections of both to confirm of course), so kinda odd that it fails with this and not D9.
maybe d0k3 didn't fully fix the issue where you HAVE to set emuNAND up first to make a sysNAND backup?

Shadowtrance

Trophies
XP
Country
maybe d0k3 didn't fully fix the issue where you HAVE to set emuNAND up first to make a sysNAND backup?
That's quite possible i guess. Who knows.
I honestly haven't tried making a sysnand backup with E9 and i haven't downgraded anything yet. Main n3ds is 9.0, old3ds xl is 9.2 and other n3ds is 10.3 (with a 9.0 backup + hard mod).
Haven't tried downgrading the latter since downgrading became available, i don't think it's stable enough or safe enough yet tbh (doesn't bother ME much but i have a mate waiting to downgrade haha).
So can't test if it is actually related to downgrading or just an issue in general... I may very well be, who knows.
Doesn't really explain why sysnand backup works with D9 (downgraded or not) and not E9 though.

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i hope there will be a new version of emunandtool which support this partition size.
because back up n restore emunand are much faster on pc. and if i have to do it on 3ds, it actually requires more free space (a size of nand.bin) than that wasted space in gateway emunand.
Try this one, that's the new kid on the block: https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-3ds-multi-emunand-creator.381603/
And, if it works for you, let me know it!

So...

Am I understood xD ?
Yeah I get what you're saying, however this is probably not easily possible from emuNAND9 due to the way it boots (it crashes all of the 3ds's services) this is probably better suited to an arm11 userland homebrew, we'll see what @d0k3 has to say about it though :)
You mean, you want EmuNAND9 to do the formatting / unlinking itself, instead of letting the 3DS settings app do it, correct? However, that is a SysNAND operation, and on top of that it's not completely known how this works. So, not possible at the moment. Maybe later on!

Speaking of emunand... @dark_samus3 @d0k3 we now have 10.3 emunand on N3DS! WOO! (both cakes and rei atm)
Just thought I'd share that. :D
Got to update the extended starter pack. And also have to try that asap :).

Can you give me the exact error message (a photo would be best)? Also, can you try doing the SysNAND backup with Decrypt9 and tell me if it works?
I checked with that downgrade checker and it says my native_firm is correct...?
By now, the downgrade thingie is just too new... Even if your native_firm is correct, there might be other issues in a downgraded firm. I don't have that issue though, so I don't know yet what could cause it.

Nope, that is solved for good. 100% :). And NAND dumping (at least the relevant parts) is identical between Decrypt9 and EmuNAND9. You're right, a few people have complained about this issue now. I think they all did the downgrade. A screenshot of the error message would help alot, I guess.

Shadowtrance

Trophies
XP
Country
Got to update the extended starter pack. And also have to try that asap :).
Can you give me the exact error message (a photo would be best)? Also, can you try doing the SysNAND backup with Decrypt9 and tell me if it works?
By now, the downgrade thingie is just too new... Even if your native_firm is correct, there might be other issues in a downgraded firm. I don't have that issue though, so I don't know yet what could cause it.
Nope, that is solved for good. 100% :). And NAND dumping (at least the relevant parts) is identical between Decrypt9 and EmuNAND9. You're right, a few people have complained about this issue now. I think they all did the downgrade. A screenshot of the error message would help alot, I guess.
Yes, join the rest of us on 10.3 emunand! :) Only thing we're missing is a working NTR for region free at the moment. :(
And I'm going to downgrade my other n3ds later to test this (for science) and see if the sysnand backup problem IS actually related to downgrading or not. Just because i can, it's hard modded anyway. :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @sombrerosonic, "Unity to die. Coding is a fuck."
  • sombrerosonic @ sombrerosonic:
    Rez how else am I suppose to make my horny AI who wants people to love it?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Real women are better, AI isn't worth the trouble.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Mine would be easy. All it has to do is bob it's head :D:evil::blush:
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Psi can make an AI babe lol.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I knew I should've bought the 50ft ethernet cord over the 25 lesson learned size matters
    +2
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    vffvb gferwbgereg
    :O [☎️ Bunjolio's mother that he's swearing]
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    she*
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fuck
    +1
  • J @ Just_Ragnar:
    What are mlc.bin files and are they important or can i delete them off my wii u sd card
    My apologies there little Miss @Bunjolio :mellow::blush::)
    Butt I'm still telling her :P
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Never gonna give you upNever gonna let you downNever gonna run around and desert youNever gonna make you cryNever gonna say goodbyeNever gonna tell a lie and hurt you
    I don't recognise the song. Which one is it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sigma
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Sometimes people make mistakes, if you correct them then they'll remember.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Try not to easily get offended if somebody calls you by different pronouns by mistake.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What I can't just call someone a dick or a vagina
    ... [looks up vagina] 🤓 🔎 📖 ] :O:ohnoes::ohnoes::ohnoes: 🤢
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: ... [looks up vagina] 🤓 🔎 📖 ] :O:ohnoes::ohnoes::ohnoes: 🤢