Homebrew [Release] freeShop - open source eShop alternative

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guipradi

Trophies
XP
Country
Okay, I started building unstable releases.

It has newest code from repo without version bump. So when it's actually released you can auto-update like normal back to stable version.

9obZuvJ.png

I would like some people to test this, namely the eShop music playback. Keep in mind you should have dumped DSP bin already, use DspDump if you haven't.

When you first boot it, it should play eShop music. It will also create the music directory for you. After that point you can place music files in it. Again, read the post: https://freeshop.pw/freeshop-bgm-soon/

Let me know if you have problem. It also includes some bug fixes, biggest one fixing queue duplication when loading a saved queue.

Nice, Cruel, already put Wii Shop music in the music directory, but with or without the file in "music", the freeshop freezes as soon as it loads the titles list, no answer from touch screen or any button. Any idea why this is happening?

I'm on 2DS

Last edited by Guipradi,

TheCruel

Developer
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nice, Cruel, already put Wii Shop music in the music directory, but with or without the file in "music", the freeshop freezes as soon as it loads the titles list, no answer from touch screen or any button. Any idea why this is happening?
Did this happen with the normal freeShop version? Try installing the stable version again and let me know.

Guipradi

Trophies
XP
Country
Did this happen with the normal freeShop version? Try installing the stable version again and let me know.
Nevermind, it seems that when I followed Pliatec's guide my DSP dumped weirdly, I tried dumping it again and now it works, so:

Bug: If DSP isn't dumped Freeshop freezes

Last edited by Guipradi,

TheCruel

Developer
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nevermind, it seems that when I followed the pliatec's guide my DSP dumped weirdly, I tried dumping it again and now it works, so:

Ah good to know, thanks. I'll have to put checks for them. Probably let users know it's missing the file since some people don't seem to know about it. Already good that I didn't issue an auto-update lol.

Guipradi

Trophies
XP
Country
Now I realize why Orchestrina didn't work for me. Nice

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Ah good to know, thanks. I'll have to put checks for them. Probably let users know it's missing the file since some people don't seem to know about it. Already good that I didn't issue an auto-update lol.
Can't seem to play any BCTSM from my end, even tried to compress the size to <3.3MB (maybe is a fuck up of mine), .ogg works wonders.

V0ltr0n

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If it is crashing, something is either wrong with your files, settings or the 3ds itself.

Guipradi

Trophies
XP
Country
Just reinstalled and updated to 2.1.4, the "fuck nintendo" edition.
Do a DSP Dump again

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Nevermind, it seems that when I followed Pliatec's guide my DSP dumped weirdly, I tried dumping it again and now it works, so:

Manurocker95

Game Developer & Pokémon Master
Trophies
Website
manuelrodriguezmatesanz.com
XP
Country
Spain
Okay, I started building unstable releases.

It has newest code from repo without version bump. So when it's actually released you can auto-update like normal back to stable version.

9obZuvJ.png

I would like some people to test this, namely the eShop music playback. Keep in mind you should have dumped DSP bin already, use DspDump if you haven't.

When you first boot it, it should play eShop music. It will also create the music directory for you. After that point you can place music files in it. Again, read the post: https://freeshop.pw/freeshop-bgm-soon/

Let me know if you have problem. It also includes some bug fixes, biggest one fixing queue duplication when loading a saved queue.

Unstable build works perfectly, but I still think it would be cool to have a string showing free space in nand and sd ^^

Reactions: aetbx

Borjitasstoi

Trophies
XP
Country
Going to start posting updates on the site now, it's a bit easier to navigate if you want freeShop news than looking at this thread. (also has RSS)

https://freeshop.pw/freeshop-bgm-soon/

Also unstable builds are soon going to be on the build server, so there will be a better process for people to test newest features before official release. Will hopefully minimize crashing/bugs that happen after auto-updates. For this next release I'm mostly concerned with it maybe having problems with Chinese/Korean consoles or something when fetching eShop music.
GREAT seriously freeshop needs logs about his progress all memory about freeshop its shine Gold

Reactions: Quantumcat

RitchieRitchie

Trophies
XP
Country
Apologies if this is a noob question but can you download pokebank from the eshop and does it work? I use gw on latest emunand. Really appreciate any advice!

SamuelG

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So my freeshop basically worked just fine before but it just randomly decided not to work with my WiFi it's keeping on retrying with a counter up to 50

Tried:
-Reinstalling freeshop
-Restart wi-fi
-Reinstalling directly from site to SD card
-Updating FBI installer
-Restarting 3DS wi-fi with slider and also configuration

I managed to make it work on my cellular data, but it seems like my WiFi is the problem...

Any help or similar experience?

eroz76

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So my freeshop basically worked just fine before but it just randomly decided not to work with my WiFi it's keeping on retrying with a counter up to 50

Tried:
-Reinstalling freeshop
-Restart wi-fi
-Reinstalling directly from site to SD card
-Updating FBI installer
-Restarting 3DS wi-fi with slider and also configuration

I managed to make it work on my cellular data, but it seems like my WiFi is the problem...

Any help or similar experience?
I use to have the same problem. It stopped working with my home wifi but worked when tethered to my phone or on friends/family wifi. It started working again on its own. What version of freeshop did you install?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: 80s are the new 20s. +1