• Likes 11

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
I'd say this is a bit more magical
hbconverter 1.0
You must be misunderstanding the situation, the homebrew launched by gateway in .3ds is not the launcher.dat style homebrew, look at the yeti port by smealum and then compare it to any of the other homebrew released so far, they are in a different league of homebrew, no offence to any of the creators of the launcher.dat homebrew, but homebrew will work a lot better if it's made using smealums tool, that tool just makes launcher.dat homebrew run using the gateway installer.nds, it doesn't make .3ds format homebrew, we just have to wait for people to figure out how to work with smealums tools and we should be seeing some impressive homebrew :P

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
how come nobody can differentiate online from cheats?

i feel some people use it as an excuse for sucking at games, seriously nothing about this release says "allows cheating", and i have said it before but i will say it again, non gateway uers are currently more able to cheat on games via powersaves, powersaves does not work on gateway = no cheats for gateway..........always someone wanting to throw a hissy fit......for what? 2 games with competitive online play, one of which already filters out anyone being able to cheat i.e pokemon

now thats why i lost on mario kart......because the other person was using a flash card.......just a flashcard no cheats but using a flashcard MUST give the person an advantage anyway....ahhh i feel good now im not a looser :D

InfoAddict

Trophies
XP
Country
Latest from the Gateway site:

"Yes, we heard the feedback about the savegame mechanism, and we have plans to improve this and bring it to a whole new level of support.
Yes, we heard about the latest 7.2.0 system firmware, and there is no need to worry.

We have been working on the new encryption puzzle added by the later system firmwares but as they say, the proof is in the pudding.
And unfortunately the pudding is not ready yet, but we know it will be delicious.
This is our top priority right now so please bear with us while we stir and work our magic!"

Do they mean decrypting 7.2.0 to be used with EMUNAND? (and to help 7.2.0 games work). Or do they mean getting the card to work on official 7.2.0?

zhdarkstar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Online play? Cheaters, right?

Considering how awful the DS online experience became after that, I think I will turn my wireless off for good.

Another person who thinks that Gateway will be the source of online cheating, even though it's already happened with just retail carts. Here's the post I made a few pages back about this exact topic.
For as long as there has been online gaming, there have been cheaters. And for the record, there has already been instances of online cheating on the 3ds. The first instance of cheating was the series of map exploits in Mario Kart 7 that were patched over in with the 1.1 update. The second instance of online cheating was that program that read the unencrypted wireless data from Pokemon X/Y, allowing the user to see the exact makeup of the opponent's team before the start of the battle. Nintendo found out about that one and we got update 1.2 to close the exploit. What honestly makes you believe that Nintendo won't be quick to plug any further exploits found in the online multiplayer servers?

One of the key differences between DS/Wii online services and 3DS online services is that the 3DS has taken a page out of the Xbox Live/PSN playbook: online play only works with the most current version of a given game. If we do somehow see the flashcarts contribute to online cheating--which we've already seen isn't necessary hardware for cheating---then the developer of the exploited game can simply release an update that patches the exploit and the exploit can no longer be used online at all. I foresee 3DS online cheating being a series of windows of opportunity, as opposed to the constant nuisance that it was in the DS lifecycle. The perpetual game of cat and mouse will eventually cause the 3ds cheat developers to focus primarily on offline cheating, as that kind of cheating will be less able to be detected by Nintendo.

By your logic, your wifi switch should have been turned off long before 2.2 was released.

mhfan305

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone here think that it will be possible to be able to access other regions eshop's? Like a USA 3ds system going on Japan's eshop.

drakorex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So how's about two people agree to share the same copy of some game they don't care if they lose online for, and see what happens?

dubbz82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dont really get this online stuff. So basically, we cannot play online because we will just end up getting banned? that sucks :/

This is all together very possible, but no one knows for sure if nintendo has a viable way of determining if people are playing online from gateway carts or not and IF they can, no one knows what exactly they're checking for. If nintendo's gonna ban people for online play on gateway, i'd suspect the first ban wave to come within the next week or two. Honestly though, i look at it the way that i've looked at any other hacked console - hacked = I won't touch online gameplay with it. I'm probably in the minority, but it's just not worth all the hassle of the cat and mouse game to me.

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Don't use it online because you don't want to risk it, and well you may as well be banned. Just a self-imposed ban rather than a Nintendo one.

Don't see what difference it makes if the console gets banned, if you were keeping it offline all the time anyway.

Reactions: Nightwish

KidIce

Smart Ass
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It wouldn't surprise me if the bans do come that they include bans from all network services. Risking on-line play is one thing, and I agree w/ your self imposed ban comment, but one may not wish to risk their access to the e-shop and MiiVerse as well.

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
What makes people think they are not risking it already? To get onto eshop or miiverse with a gateway enabled 3ds, you got to be running emunand anyway.

Just seems the line has been randomly drawn at online play. I'll jump on eshop and miiverse with a hacked 3ds, jump on Nintendo's servers to update my emunand, but online play is crossing line.

Just seems odd. Only way to be 100% safe from ban, is not to connect at all, in which case you may as well be banned.

drakorex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A couple people with a couple hundred dollars to temporarily spare, should think about buying a new 3ds, to test any and all boundaries, so we know for certain what will and won't happen. Should something go not in their favor, they can rest in the security that they can always return the console and would be doing the community at large a huge service.

Kibido

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I'm still waiting for every eShop region to be unlocked. Doesn't seem like it's in their top priorities though...

mhfan305

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm still waiting for every eShop region to be unlocked. Doesn't seem like it's in their top priorities though...

What else could they be doing besides perfecting what they already have released? Allowing all regions eshops should be one of the next major releases.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ https://youtu.be/AajMtcHljfE?si=LrnBVYFu5aacUd5r