• Views 128,152
  • Replies 574
  • Likes 11

placebooooo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1) not at the minute as eshop is broken in 7.2, there is a version of mario kart with the update included though

2) you can but 7.2 breaks eshop and system settings.....so the only real advantage of emunand is lost I.e eshop access
Did the team mention they are planning on finding some sort of work around for emunand access on 7.2 and further versions?

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
may look into getting this... just finding a pikachu 3ds XL is going be a mitch!!

berju

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello,

i'm a newbie on GW and 3DS so, after receive the 3DS and the GW i make some test. it's works great, so i upgrade emunand to last firmware and can't go to system setting.

So i search and found that system setting and e-shop are broken with 7.2.

I've two sd card so one with emunand and one without.

Just for my information :

- can i udpate emunand without internet ? and if yes how to update ? wich version ?
- could someone explain me the problem with e-shop ?

Thanks for help

ozling

Trophies
XP
Country
Hello,

Just for my information :

- can i udpate emunand without internet ? and if yes how to update ? wich version ?
- could someone explain me the problem with e-shop ?

Thanks for help

Use of Emunand is to update the firmware to allow you to use e-Shop and online play. 7.2 is the latest, and has a new encryption system. All attempts to access e-shop with firmware lower than 7.2 (system or emunand) will get you a prompt to update firmware before they will grant you access. So, you are no better off.

kunoir

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
I dumped a Mario Kart 7 rom and save from the same cartridge. I renamed the .sav from the serial (AMKE.sav) to the id (0004000000030800.sav) and renamed the rom to Mario Kart 7.3dz. I can play online with my old save.
excuse me... so you change the sav name into the game id? but how do if when i changed it, it still wont read my old save data? any suggestions? or should i change the sav name into the header game id i use?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
The Header and the TitleID are two different things.
The save file must be named using the TitleID (you can find TitleID on http://3ds.eshh.co)

The Header is used to get online access, and encrypt/decrypt the save data.
To enable this Header functionnality, you need to rename the ROM file to .3dz instead of .3ds

ROMfilename.3ds = No rom header used at all, all savegames created with .3ds ROM extension are compatible. No online access.
ROMfilename.3dz = The Rom header string is used to encrypt/decrypt the save data. savegames are tied to the header used to play the game. You can't use a savegame played with a different header key, or a savegame played with .3ds ROM extension.

kunoir

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
The Header and the TitleID are two different things.
The save file must be named using the TitleID (you can find TitleID on http://3ds.eshh.co)

The Header is used to get online access, and encrypt/decrypt the save data.
To enable this Header functionnality, you need to rename the ROM file to .3dz instead of .3ds

ROMfilename.3ds = No rom header used at all, all savegames created with .3ds ROM extension are compatible. No online access.
ROMfilename.3dz = The Rom header string is used to encrypt/decrypt the save data. savegames are tied to the header used to play the game. You can't use a savegame played with a different header key, or a savegame played with .3ds ROM extension.
okay.. so it was because my old save game was from .3ds while i tried to play it on .3dz

anyway thanks for the description.. :)

eremus123

Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Hi there,

I'm new to the gateway scene and I'm still having problems figuring out how exactly am I supposed to go online!
I currently have a ROM of pokemon Y which does not allow online play. I am able to get a retail cartridge from my friend to dump a ROM that can play online. How would i transfer my original save in the non-online version to the newer retail dumped version? Is this even possible? Any steps or tutorials would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

MGS1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi there,

I'm new to the gateway scene and I'm still having problems figuring out how exactly am I supposed to go online!
I currently have a ROM of pokemon Y which does not allow online play. I am able to get a retail cartridge from my friend to dump a ROM that can play online. How would i transfer my original save in the non-online version to the newer retail dumped version? Is this even possible? Any steps or tutorials would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Sorry, but it is not possible to transfer a .3DS Pokemon ROM save to a .3DZ ROM. It will always come up as corrupted when you try it and has to do with how the save is encrypted.

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi there,

Thanks!
I don't think that's possible. You can't convert saves from one dumped rom to another, unless both roms were dumped from the same cart or modified in a special way (but this will break online again).

yohuchiha

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
vinnycl.com
XP
Country
Brazil
I dumped a Mario Kart 7 rom and save from the same cartridge. I renamed the .sav from the serial (AMKE.sav) to the id (0004000000030800.sav) and renamed the rom to Mario Kart 7.3dz. I can play online with my old save.

Could you pass your original sav file mine AMKE.sav is corrupted now.

xdarkmario

Philosopher
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo never bans do they ? I mean they never did with the DS nor the Wii so I don't see why they would start now

oooohh yes they do.. my wii was "Wave banned" a long time ago what these wave banns (APPLIED TO NINTENDO HOME CONSOLES ONLY!) are is nintendo takes a day at random and scans all wii's/wii U's for unauthorized modifications and banns people in a group not one by one so e.g they scan 4500 wii's/wiiU's and if those people with hacked consoles are online at the time (online hackers or even good guys who only use homebrew and never hack online) will be wave banned at once)
i was unlucky to be online playing mario kart WITHOUT hacks during this wave and was banned. (seeing how nintendo bans your mac address i unbanned myself, there was no Nintendo id back then so it worked

PS. this is how nintendo bans work.
(Home Consoles wii/wiiU)
depending on your Degree of your hack they ban for a week (Nintendo ID ban)
2 if critical aka your being a ass and hacking online and bothering other players you get Console-banned (WiiU MAC address & Nintendo ID)

(handheld consoles DS/DSi/3DS)-nintendo does not waveban handhelds as far as i know
light offence, temporary cartridge id ban for a week or month. Cant play online with that cartridge for specified time. (3ds maybe also NID(Nintendo ID)
Critical offence, permanent ban on your NID (Nintendo ID) and savedata on cartridge. (extremely rare that they permanent Ban a DS/3ds cartridge seeing how they are sold easly)

Both Home and handheld
final stage of ban is the serial number ban (applies to both home and handheld consoles)

WARNING!: GETTING YOUR NID BANNED ON YOUR 3DS OR WII U WILL SPREAD TO YOUR OTHER CONSOLE TOO e.g
you get banned on your NID wii U you also cant use it on your 3ds anymore. the 3ds will not be banned but your account is.

ChrisX930

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
oooohh yes they do.. my wii was "Wave banned" a long time ago what these wave banns (APPLIED TO NINTENDO HOME CONSOLES ONLY!) are is nintendo takes a day at random and scans all wii's/wii U's for unauthorized modifications and banns people in a group not one by one so e.g they scan 4500 wii's/wiiU's and if those people with hacked consoles are online at the time (online hackers or even good guys who only use homebrew and never hack online) will be wave banned at once)
i was unlucky to be online playing mario kart WITHOUT hacks during this wave and was banned. (seeing how nintendo bans your mac address i unbanned myself, there was no Nintendo id back then so it worked

PS. this is how nintendo bans work.
(Home Consoles wii/wiiU)
depending on your Degree of your hack they ban for a week (Nintendo ID ban)
2 if critical aka your being a ass and hacking online and bothering other players you get Console-banned (WiiU MAC address & Nintendo ID)

(handheld consoles DS/DSi/3DS)-nintendo does not waveban handhelds as far as i know
light offence, temporary cartridge id ban for a week or month. Cant play online with that cartridge for specified time. (3ds maybe also NID(Nintendo ID)
Critical offence, permanent ban on your NID (Nintendo ID) and savedata on cartridge. (extremely rare that they permanent Ban a DS/3ds cartridge seeing how they are sold easly)

Necroposting...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: The third one ducked. +1