Homebrew [Release] GodMode9i - All Access File Browser for the DS(i) (and 3DS)

v3.3.0

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
v3.3.0: TWL Summer Release #3

All changes by @Pk11

What's new?​

• Keyboard cursor can now be moved by touch input.
  • Remember selected folder when pressing B.
  • `SCREEN_SWAP` can now be activated in `sd:/gm9i/config.ini`.

Bug fixes​

• Fixed not scrolling up after deletion of file or folder.
  • Always pad time with space and pad hour with 0.

Last edited by RocketRobz,
v3.4.0

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
v3.4.0: New Year, New Release

What's new?​

• DSi NAND is now accessible after a DS flashcard has been booted with unlocked SCFG!
    • Files can now be copied across all drives with all flashcards!
    • Requires a DSi BIOS dump in `sd:/_nds/`. Either a full or part dump (of which is from TWLMenu++) will work.
  • Bootstrapping a .nds file has been removed. This is due to:
    • TWLMenu++ already having such feature.
    • GM9i not being updated as often.
    • Would run into the same issue as TWLoader, where we'd maintain more than one .nds loader.
  • @metroid-maniac: Added dumping GBA RTC data in metadata and saves.

Bug fix​

• @Pk11: Fixed dumping apps with versions over 000000FF.

MushGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe I'm misunderstanding a feature, but according to the description on the first page, it can load .firm payloads on a 3DS if loaded from an SD card or as a .cia application. I made sure to have the latest version of Luma (v11 as of this writing), and the latest version of boot9strap (v1.4 as of this writing). What I'm trying right now is to open the .firm version of Godmode9 from both .cia and .nds versions (via TWLMenu++) of GM9i, but after loading it instead takes me back to the 3DS menu. Is there something that I'm missing?

Last edited by MushGuy,

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe I'm misunderstanding a feature, but according to the description on the first page, it can load .firm payloads on a 3DS if loaded from an SD card or as a .cia application. I made sure to have the latest version of Luma (v11 as of this writing), and the latest version of boot9strap (v1.4 as of this writing). What I'm trying right now is to open the .firm version of Godmode9 from both .cia and .nds versions (via TWLMenu++) of GM9i, but after loading it instead takes me back to the 3DS menu. Is there something that I'm missing?
You're not missing anything.
The feature still works fine for me, so I don't know why it's not working for you.

Pk11

A catgirl with a DSi
Trophies
Website
pk11.us
XP
Country
United States
Are you sure you have boot9strap and not fastboot3DS? iirc the way GodMode9i does FIRM loading only works with b9s

they're mutually exclusive, so if you installed fastboot3DS that will have overwritten boot9strap

MushGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you sure you have boot9strap and not fastboot3DS? iirc the way GodMode9i does FIRM loading only works with b9s

they're mutually exclusive, so if you installed fastboot3DS that will have overwritten boot9strap
Yes, I have boot9strap installed, and I installed it using SafeB9SInstaller v0.0.7 (chainloaded with Luma), with the necessary files in the /boot9strap/ folder. Or do I have to load it directly as a boot.firm in the root directory?

Pk11

A catgirl with a DSi
Trophies
Website
pk11.us
XP
Country
United States
Yes, I have boot9strap installed, and I installed it using SafeB9SInstaller v0.0.7 (chainloaded with Luma), with the necessary files in the /boot9strap/ folder. Or do I have to load it directly as a boot.firm in the root directory?
that's all... does "bootonce.firm" exist on your SD root after loading it?

MushGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that's all... does "bootonce.firm" exist on your SD root
Yes, I see bootonce.firm in the SD root.

Edit: I just found that there are unofficial releases of b9s that support bootonce, but I don't see any mention of it in the official releases up to v1.4. Could this be the problem?

Last edited by MushGuy,

SolidSonicTH

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What is the key to being able to read files off your flash cart, exactly? I have an AceKard 2i and for the life of me I cannot figure out how to move files off it and to my internal SD card using any method. TWiLight Menu++ supposedly lets me view the contents of my internal SD card when the flash cart is launched yet I cannot. I thought this utility might be able to but, nope, not here either.

At the end of the day I guess I could just bail on this venture and just mess with the SD cards directly but I was hoping I'd be able to do more from the 3DS itself.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What is the key to being able to read files off your flash cart, exactly? I have an AceKard 2i and for the life of me I cannot figure out how to move files off it and to my internal SD card using any method. TWiLight Menu++ supposedly lets me view the contents of my internal SD card when the flash cart is launched yet I cannot. I thought this utility might be able to but, nope, not here either.

At the end of the day I guess I could just bail on this venture and just mess with the SD cards directly but I was hoping I'd be able to do more from the 3DS itself.
Did you launch the flashcard using the TWiLight Menu++ Slot-1 launch feature and with SCFG enabled?

SolidSonicTH

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes. At some point that became the only way it would read my AceKard 2i. Launching it from the main 3DS dashboard just results in a white screen on boot.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol