Homebrew [Release] Halo Revamped Port!

whostolemywaffle

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cia's are the CTR Importable Archive Files. everything you see in your home menu is a CIA you need patched signatures to install unsigned cias.
i can install unsigned cias i have luma3ds and a9lh

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

cia's are the CTR Importable Archive Files. everything you see in your home menu is a CIA you need patched signatures to install unsigned cias.
and how do you install this on homebrew ? because theres no cia file yet right?

TCPixel

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you take the revamped logo and icon and make a cia using those graphics? I am not sure if you used an old version of the 3dsx but the menu is old so that cia isn't fully updated. Either that, or users will have to rely on the custom xml file in homebrew launcher for the engine to load the correct game files

Attachments

• revamped.png
    revamped.png
    29.8 KB · Views: 267
  • icon.png
    icon.png
    15.9 KB · Views: 222
Last edited by TCPixel,

adrifcastr

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Can you take the revamped logo and icon and make a cia using those graphics? I am not sure if you used an old version of the 3dsx but the menu is old so that cia isn't fully updated. Either that, or users will have to rely on the custom xml file in homebrew launcher for the engine to load the correct game files
So it worked than? nice. so All i did was converting the .elf file I have no actual clue why it was old then. so please compile the latest .elf then. and tomorrow when I'm back from school I'll redo it with your logo and banner and stuff, its gettin late here, but thanks for even making this and yeah, if noone else did til I'm back from school, I'll surely do it. :)

and how do you install this on homebrew ? because theres no cia file yet right?
use FBI, and I actually compiled one. but I have to go to sleep now. Its late over here in Europe. good night.

Reactions: zeldaism

TCPixel

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So it worked than? nice. so All i did was converting the .elf file I have no actual clue why it was old then. so please compile the latest .elf then. and tomorrow when I'm back from school I'll redo it with your logo and banner and stuff, its gettin late here, but thanks for even making this and yeah, if noone else did til I'm back from school, I'll surely do it. :)

use FBI, and I actually compiled one. but I have to go to sleep now. Its late over here in Europe. good night.
Right on man, I'll compile from scratch and shoot ya the elf and 3dsx, thanks for the help

Reactions: adrifcastr

whostolemywaffle

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
addi33 compiled one, but it has the old menu, and no pause menu. I'm going to recompile it all and we will continue to try and get the latest revamped in a cia form
ok thx

addi33 compiled one, but it has the old menu, and no pause menu. I'm going to recompile it all and we will continue to try and get the latest revamped in a cia form
wait are u recompiling it now? or later?

MasterFeizz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I PM'd @MasterFeizz to see how to compile a cia, but he must be busy. I am unsure on how to compile a cia, I've tried messing with the makefile. I'm sure someone here in the community will take the source code and compile a cia eventually

I didn't receive any PM but all you need to do to compile the CIA is run make_cia.sh after compiling, make sure you change the unique id in cia.rsf so that you don't overwrite the ctrQuake cia install.

Reactions: TCPixel

TCPixel

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't receive any PM but all you need to do to compile the CIA is run make_cia.sh after compiling, make sure you change the unique id in cia.rsf so that you don't overwrite the ctrQuake cia install.
Ahh love me some Masterfeizz I PM'd you last year about it, not recently. Thank you though! I've gotta go to work right now so later tonight I will compile a cia and upload.

nahh, thanks for even porting this (and showing a screen of my sighax thread in your vid), subscribed to your channel since you had 3K :D
Oh wow! Thats awesome, I didn't notice that was your thread, neat! Yea My channel has grown pretty big since this project was started last year

Reactions: adrifcastr

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
Where do I get the payload from?

Check in SD:/hblauncherloader/ for something like NEW-11-2-0-35-USA.bin (yours might be OLD instead of NEW or have a different region) and rename it so that it is -11-3-0-36- instead. If you don't have one at all you can get it from http://smealum.github.io/3ds/ but be sure to get the correct one for your 3DS (old or new) and region. Also if you aren't using version 1.2 of the launcher cia update that as well.

Reactions: Toady231

doogie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do you get it to work in HBL? I put folder inside 3ds but when game started up but then said could not find maps.
What should the file structure look like?

Toady231

Intellectual saviour of the masses
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Check in SD:/hblauncherloader/ for something like NEW-11-2-0-35-USA.bin (yours might be OLD instead of NEW or have a different region) and rename it so that it is -11-3-0-36- instead. If you don't have one at all you can get it from http://smealum.github.io/3ds/ but be sure to get the correct one for your 3DS (old or new) and region. Also if you aren't using version 1.2 of the launcher cia update that as well.
Thank you very much with this information. I have now sorted out mine and my wife's 3ds.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    So mix CDs for myselt :)
    Pantera, Metallica, Hollywood Undead, Five Finger Death Punch, some others lol
    I can put like 90 songs on a CD lol
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    if only it could read dvds then you would just need 1 disc
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i tell ya what, i could go for a fuckin gyro right about now
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    I hope your brother is doing ok Mr BakerMan
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    and Psi - I had a cd player / radio that played mp3 cds once, very cool
    +1
    BakerMan yeah me too.... maybe that's gonna be dinner for me there is this place near me I have been dying to try and they have them lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I miss usb mp3 players they were shit but at the time a go to
    @The Real Jdbye, I thought about that and I have blank DVD's and Blurays but honestly after like 90 songs I just listen to it a couple of hundred times toss it out and burn something else or have like 2-3 CD's. Florida here the heat in the car tends to ruin the CD's after like a few months even commercial pressed ones don't last too long.
    my music collection is just too big, i require variety
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Wanted to download the Sonic manía plus android versión cuz i have Netflix but my phone isnt compatible
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    @The Real Jdbye you seem confused, nes remix 2 had nes open
  • Dumpflam @ Dumpflam:
    guys does anyone know anything about usbloadergx? i have a question. (https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-use-sd-and-thumb-drive-at-the-same-time-usbloadergx.655497/)
    oh right forgot about that
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    you can use both at the same time if the sd is dedicated for gamecube games
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    you can't do that the other way around
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nowdays, my Samsung phone holds most my music on a 512gb micro sd. I Bluetooth to my earbuds, BT speaker, or to my car stereo from my phone. I still have a iPod Nano, but have not used in years.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, i only play music on yt
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I download very few songs
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    It takes me 3 hours every week to cut my grass, and I have to have music playing, not to mention the noise canceling earbuds, so I don't have to hear that lawnmower noise. I do play iHeart radio often also when get board of my music.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Am I weird for only listening to game music?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh its whatever you like to hear. Is it weird, I'm a 50 year old that mostly listens to old school hip hop?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I should be walking but legs are still sore
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I should be walking but legs are still sore