Homebrew Official [Release] kit-kat 2.0 - Wireless Capture-card

fodder

STARMAN
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah If you have a plugin file for the game (Cheats) then it always blocks you.
If you dont then your not doing it right.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Yeah same! Strange aint it

That shouldnt happen, Do this, On bottom screen scale, Set it to 0, Close CTR-V and open it back up set it back to 1 close CTR-V and open it and then reboot your 3ds and try again.
eh not too strange, after all the system is working at probably it's max load in order to keep up with the game playing at 60 fps and streaming

PRAGMA

OP
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Ireland
huh, turns out i had a plug in for moon all this time. I have no recollection of putting that in.
Got online to work now. Just had to open NTR, start the game, go online, enable debugger, connect with CTR-V and boom, works.
Just a tip, Use Boot NTR Selector hella times faster and it auto enabled Debugger - Plus you dont have to enable debugger after going online, YOu can enable it whenever just as long as you connect with CTR=V AFTER you go online.

Yep, still got it
With other programms it works
Then its something on your end blocking it - Not sure how I can help with that :l

Hmm, will this ever be updated to support decimal values in the screen scaling value?

I'm trying to use 1.5 size (which was doable in Nitro Stream), but this keeps setting it to 2, which is a tad too big for my laptop's screen.
Ill add support for it eventually.

On Mac, It does not work in Mono, but does in Wine Staging.
For some reason, the parameter input boxes don't show up so the stream can't be customised. But otherwise, it connects and starts streaming much faster than the default debugger. Good job!

Tested machine specs:
MacBook Pro 15" Late 2015 model
MacOS Sierra 10.12.1
Wine Staging 1.9.23

EDIT:
Since the config preferences are embedded in the .exe, would it be possible for me to just extract the config file, change it to include my usual parameters, then re-embed it? (Since I usually use the same parameters for streaming anyway)

EDIT 2:
Heh, found a possible workaround. I moved the .exe to my Windows machine, started a stream with the usual parameters I use, then moved the same .exe back. Since the config is embedded, it should carry over. Haven't been able to test it yet though.
Never mind, config doesn't seem to carry over for some reason.

EDIT 3:
Found the location of the config files, currently testing manual overrides as a workaround to the layout issue on MacOS.

EDIT 4:
IT WORKED! But it's kind of fiddly. Basically I've got 2 duplicates of the .exe, one will open the stream in top screen maximised, the other with dual screens. Still, this is a huge improvement over having to manually type in the commands into the original NTR Client. Thanks again!
No worries - Ill change them to text boxes so that they show up :)

I get this white screen.. http://i.imgur.com/D7jNYOi.png Any possible solution for this?
Check if you entered the IP correctly.

This is only for CFW on N3DS, no? I really would like a Homebrew Launcher 3dsx. for this, but I think that's not possible :(
Its not possible with HBL sorry.

1. Copy CTR-V.exe to /Applications/
2. Open Automator, create a new "Application" type document
3. From the menu on the left, click "Files & Folders"
4. Double-click "Get Specified Finder items"
5. From the action panel on the right, choose "Add"
6. Locate and choose your CTR-V.exe under /Applications/
7. From the menu on the left, choose "Open Finder Items"
8. Under "Open with", choose Wine Staging
9. Hit ⌘ + S to save, choose where you want to save the shortcut
10. Done!

Your overall workflow should look something like this:
(except your file path for CTR-V.exe might be different to mine)

As an added bonus, you can also set a custom icon for the shortcut. Here's the one I use:
View attachment 72030
Gonna use this icon as my app in general. Ill use it next update.

Wouldn't a buffer for the video help with the fps stuff?
Like start getting info, cache it, when the cache is full load cache to memory and displays it in 60 fps then empty buff then fill it again
dunno if this is even possible though
Thats what its doing :P The FPS is 100% up to the 3DS itself.

when i use Nitrostream it works, using yours, it doesn't
Did you enter the IP correctly?

Reactions: NekoMichi

PRAGMA

OP
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Ireland
[v1.1.1] released, Has a new icon, Some small changes you wont notice.

I tried allowing Top/Bot Scale decimals but it just caused issues on my end so for now I wont be able to do it.

PRAGMA

OP
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Ireland
Last edited by PRAGMA,
Reactions: NekoMichi and Pokem

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have no idea how people get such good framerates, i have great internet, decent 5g router+5g laptop and im standing right in front my router and i get like 20 fps.

Has absolutely nothing to do with internet speed. It has everything to do with quality of the link. 5GHz is great. It's best with Line Of Sight. Make sure you aren't using a crowded channel. Do an WiFi scan and see which channels are empty. Change to that channel. N3DS is only 2.4GHz b/g. Make sure your router has b/g protection enabled if N3DS is not working properly on it.

From then on, it has to do with network congestion and your PC's power. As well as the game you are playing. It is easy to set up, but takes a bit to get fully optimal scenario.

Reactions: PRAGMA

PRAGMA

OP
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Ireland
On Mac, It does not work in Mono, but does in Wine Staging.
For some reason, the parameter input boxes don't show up so the stream can't be customised. But otherwise, it connects and starts streaming much faster than the default debugger. Good job!

Tested machine specs:
MacBook Pro 15" Late 2015 model
MacOS Sierra 10.12.1
Wine Staging 1.9.23

EDIT:
Since the config preferences are embedded in the .exe, would it be possible for me to just extract the config file, change it to include my usual parameters, then re-embed it? (Since I usually use the same parameters for streaming anyway)

EDIT 2:
Heh, found a possible workaround. I moved the .exe to my Windows machine, started a stream with the usual parameters I use, then moved the same .exe back. Since the config is embedded, it should carry over. Haven't been able to test it yet though.
Never mind, config doesn't seem to carry over for some reason.

EDIT 3:
Found the location of the config files, currently testing manual overrides as a workaround to the layout issue on MacOS.

EDIT 4:
IT WORKED! But it's kind of fiddly. Basically I've got 2 duplicates of the .exe, one will open the stream in top screen maximised, the other with dual screens. Still, this is a huge improvement over having to manually type in the commands into the original NTR Client. Thanks again!
Strange, Why its cutting off is because the actual width of the app is being cut off, See the label? also its not showing the twitter icon thats how much its getting cut off

Reactions: OrGoN3

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the awesome program, OP! Looks nice.

Edit: Odd, we have the same post count! Well, off by 1. Close enough for random!

donneee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
k after a few hours of finally of finally setting up my usb wifi dongle to get an exclusive connection for my 3ds to my pc, what programs/scripts/.bat files are you guys using to reset the cmd commands to your wifi dongle to make it broadcast instead of recieve?

btw, i'm really liking the program so far. keep up the good work OP

PRAGMA

OP
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Ireland
k after a few hours of finally of finally setting up my usb wifi dongle to get an exclusive connection for my 3ds to my pc, what programs/scripts/.bat files are you guys using to reset the cmd commands to your wifi dongle to make it broadcast instead of recieve?
I cant help here as I never setup one, Im gonna try find my USB dongle today and see if I can use it to make one, And if I do ill make a tutorial on it in this thread.

donneee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
idk how people are getting 60 fps @ 99 quality, cause i'm getting 41 fps @ 90 quality with this NETGEAR N300 Wi-Fi Adapter

NekoMichi

Retro Collector
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Strange, Why its cutting off is because the actual width of the app is being cut off, See the label? also its not showing the twitter icon thats how much its getting cut off
I think this might be caused by the exact Wine Staging setup I have, and not a fault of CTR-V itself. Other Mac users have been able to launch CTR-V under Wine Staging with no layout problems.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Go with Linux Mint.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    wget "Microsoft edge.exe"
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I'm using linux mint on my other machine, works decent
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    deltree c:\windows\system32\*.* :tpi:
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, Why not stick to your other machine, no?
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    my other machine is old, mostly used for just browsing , some multimedia stuff as it's just old
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    some tasks like hacking wii mini consoles
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, You running Windows XP in 2024?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Whore yourself out 12 times for $100 and go buy a pc
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i got xp but running it off usb only, no way ima keep that
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it gets hacked/corrupted if i just leave it online for an hour
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, The Russians are after you lol.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Send me your ip I'll remotely fix it
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @K3Nv2 my head needs fixing if I believe you
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it's kinda fun watching it happen tho
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It needs fixing for other things but your pc I can fix
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    over 300+ virus/trojians/worms after scanning, what did I do to deserve this attention lol
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    tho I find it funny when i receive other people's pc/laptops in this state
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i wont be upgrading unless I cant run the games i want anymore
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spill water on it good excuse
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @K3Nv2 that's like a valid option if someone else is paying for ya
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Daddy's wallet
    Veho @ Veho: +1