Homebrew [RELEASE] NASA - Universal Cia Manager for fw 4.1 - 10.7

Lord_Kater

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hey there. I was trying to update my Smash Bros Legit CIA install with. - patch 1.1.4 EU on my 10.1 N3DS XL
It's installing with a speed of 4000kb/s. But after the installation, nothing was patched/installed. Even tested with security mode off/on.
I tryed rebuilding the dbs but still the problem. If I try to install the CIA update with FBI it won't even install and gives a failure message.
Might be a bad .cia? Or am I doing something wrong?

Edit: Tryed different .cia updates for different Games. None of them worked.

Last edited by Lord_Kater,

RedBlueGreen

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is there a progress counter like x/y MB for network installation? The O3DS I'm using seems to have frozen after I started the network installation. Is it supposed to do this or will there be an indicator of installation/transfer progress?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Is there a progress counter like x/y MB for network installation? The O3DS I'm using seems to have frozen after I started the network installation. Is it supposed to do this or will there be an indicator of installation/transfer progress?
There should be something in the top left of the top screen showing the number of bits installed and the total number to install, and the speed of transfer. If you don't see that then I think it's not working.

RedBlueGreen

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
There should be something in the top left of the top screen showing the number of bits installed and the total number to install, and the speed of transfer. If you don't see that then I think it's not working.
I'm using the .cia if that makes a difference. Here's a screen cap of what cmd looks like after trying start the network installation.
houston@NASAfreeze.png

Lord_Kater

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@Rinnegatamante
It's theoretically possible to install Game Updates through CIAs you mentioned. What could be the problem of installing them to the SD card?
Would be really cool to hear if you're planning this as a feature. Might be also cool to hear if it already works or if it's a problem that I am producing.

Last edited by Lord_Kater,

ActuallyKoroSensei

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone tell me how to upgrade my emuNAND or sysNAND to 10.3/10.5? I think I can do it on my own but I'm afraid something will go wrong and I'll have to do the downgrade/cfw thing all over again.

Sani7y

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There was a year between the 4.5 and 9.2 discoveries and a year between 9.2 and 10.3 so you'll be likely waiting a very long time. (You can still downgrade 10.5 using a hardmod though)

As I said in the post I made before the one you quoted, I am very much a noob as far as homebrew, and downgrading, even though it might be the necessary thing to do, not something I want to tackle at this time, cause if I were to perma-brick my 3DS, I'd have to wait awhile before getting a new one.

koz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Guys! Usualy nasa install my legit cias at 1000, 1100 KB/s speed. But now, it´s going on 3800 4000 KB/S. It sounds like a good thing. But then working at this speed it simple wont install nothing, looks like it´s only reading the file, not writing anything at all. After it complete the importing at this speed i return to Home Menu and no new package is shown. Anyone have an idea whats happening? Already checked and it's selected Install to SDMC.

I had this problem recently with NASA 1.0 + OLD3DSXL 10.3 + newly formatted system + menuhax.

Legit .cia files were importing very quickly but nothing was actually imported.

I had no dbs folder in the directory as I had no imported content from the eshop.

I had no NNID set up for the shop either as the system was just completely formatted.

What seemed to have fixed it was opening the eshop application. I tried both homebrew and home menu eshop applications.

They all errored out without connecting, so no worries about anything updating there.

But it must have fixed something, as NASA 1.0 was then properly importing legit .cia after that - at the slow rate.

Also to improve booting into NASA on OLD3DS I switched on wifi (with the slider switch) only after entering the homebrew page and before activating NASA.

Hope that helps others.

Last edited by koz,

Rinnegatamante

OP
Trophies
Website
rinnegatamante.it
XP
Country
Italy
@Rinnegatamante
It's theoretically possible to install Game Updates through CIAs you mentioned. What could be the problem of installing them to the SD card?
Would be really cool to hear if you're planning this as a feature. Might be also cool to hear if it already works or if it's a problem that I am producing.

On fw 9.2 or lower they shouldn't be a problem.
On fw 9.3 i don't know if they are "legit" cias so probably the issue could came also from this.

mudassirul

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey there. I was trying to update my Smash Bros Legit CIA install with. - patch 1.1.4 EU on my 10.1 N3DS XL
It's installing with a speed of 4000kb/s. But after the installation, nothing was patched/installed. Even tested with security mode off/on.
I tryed rebuilding the dbs but still the problem. If I try to install the CIA update with FBI it won't even install and gives a failure message.
Might be a bad .cia? Or am I doing something wrong?

Edit: Tryed different .cia updates for different Games. None of them worked.

Can't install updates or any other cia files that aren't "legit" cia files on firmwares >9.2

Last edited by mudassirul,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Thanks for signing up at LinusTechTips
  • QuarterCut @ QuarterCut:
    holey shmoley!
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Your credit card has been charged. Thank you.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Your screwdriverPlus will arrive in three weeks
    +1
  • QuarterCut @ QuarterCut:
    K64_Waddle_Dee_Artwork_1.jpg

my reaction to such information
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Press 1 for English. Press 2 for Pig Latin. Or press 3 to speak to a representative.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, i need help, i got into an argument about what genre radioactive is, and i forgot who made it
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @BakerMan, Imagine Dragons
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Dragon deez nuts across yo face GOTEEM
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    lmao now I realize that was probably the joke in the first place
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    IMAGINE DRAGON DEEZ NUTS ACROSS YO- FUCK HE BEAT ME TO IT
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You have selected 4 - Death by Snu Snu, please stand by...
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lucky bastard
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    hahahaha I'm half way through a bag off my Volcano and my tolerance is way down because I haven't been smoking much lately, so I was a little slow to catch that that was what your angle was 🤣🤣
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Also I was just excited to know a music reference for once (I am the LAST person in the world that you want on your trivia team)
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Bummer webos 7.4 isnt working with dejavuln-autoroot
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    PS4 right? I think that's what mine's on. Or 5.6, maybe.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    [!] Installation failed (devmode_enabled not recognized)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    0.5 seemed to work whatever lol i wont bitch
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: 0.5 seemed to work whatever lol i wont bitch