Hacking [Release] NDS VC INJECTOR

Azmort

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Idk if rom hacks will work, cause i have to hardcode the ini files. If you use rom hacks, and there is an ini file, could you dm me it? Cause then i could add it to the N64 injector
I was Just wondering, I know there are some SM64 hacks and that's whats I would try, but I have none atm, I think tomorrow I can test.

NicoAICP

Some random dude
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Awesome!! is there a compatibility list?
You can inject any NDS rom into the base rom

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I was Just wondering, I know there are some SM64 hacks and that's whats I would try, but I have none atm, I think tomorrow I can test.
idk if sm64 hack will work. idk if you can inject any n64 rom to the n64 base game, for the nds one you can tho

Speshe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Absolutely buzzing, can't wait for a SNES, and GBA injector , Thank you so much for all your work on this !!!

Shadow Fyre

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can inject any NDS rom into the base rom

idk if sm64 hack will work. idk if you can inject any n64 rom to the n64 base game, for the nds one you can tho
So I tried to inject a rom hack called Pokemon Sacred Gold and it worked. But after I installed it on my Wii U it was just showing question marks on the tile and said there was an error and to delete it.

NicoAICP

Some random dude
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So I tried to inject a rom hack called Pokemon Sacred Gold and it worked. But after I installed it on my Wii U it was just showing question marks on the tile and said there was an error and to delete it.
did you put the same titleid in the app.xml and in the meta.xml? if not, it could be a tga issue. Did you add selfmade tgas? if yes, use pngs, if you used nothing, I'll try to inject it and then look for the error.

Shadow Fyre

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah, I used tga's instead of pngs. But I did put the same title id's in both files, and just to be sure in the meta.xml there was a long list of short and long names. I replaced every one to say the name of the rom i was installing. Was that the correct thing to do? So instead of reading: WarioWare: Touch!, it was Pokemon SacredGold.

Damn boi I'm looking forward to n64 !!!!!!
I've been wanting to play Conker's Bad Furday for a while now.

NicoAICP

Some random dude
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Damn boi I'm looking forward to n64 !!!!!!
N64 will take a lot of time, started with GBA cause N64 will take too long today. GBA is almost done, i have to test and find out why the roms wont load, aka the game boots but no title screen and so on after 15 minutes load

Ah, I used tga's instead of pngs. But I did put the same title id's in both files, and just to be sure in the meta.xml there was a long list of short and long names. I replaced every one to say the name of the rom i was installing. Was that the correct thing to do? So instead of reading: WarioWare: Touch!, it was Pokemon SacredGold.

I've been wanting to play Conker's Bad Furday for a while now.
Yeah, your tgas are the problem them. make out of the tgas pngs and then try making it again, then it should work

fatsquirrel

Trophies
XP
Country
N64 will take a lot of time, started with GBA cause N64 will take too long today. GBA is almost done, i have to test and find out why the roms wont load, aka the game boots but no title screen and so on after 15 minutes load

Yeah, your tgas are the problem them. make out of the tgas pngs and then try making it again, then it should work
Oh that's such a shame, I was looking forward to playing some Conker on a lazy Sunday

Shadow Fyre

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It will take up a long time, cause i have to add all inis manually. I can release every time if i added 4 new inis a new version of it tho.
So I checked and apparently I did use pngs, I checked and they're all the right size too. Think it might have something to do with the size of the .nds file? It is 125 mb big. I've played it on my 3ds using a flash cart with no problem so I don't know what would cause it not to install right.

edit: nvm, lol didn't think about it.

Last edited by Shadow Fyre,

NicoAICP

Some random dude
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So I checked and apparently I did use pngs, I checked and they're all the right size too. Think it might have something to do with the size of the .nds file? It is 125 mb big. I've played it on my 3ds using a flash cart with no problem so I don't know what would cause it not to install right.

edit: <removed_link> there's my link to it just in case you can see anything wrong with it.
Please remove the link

Last edited by NicoAICP,

NicoAICP

Some random dude
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I injected the rom now, using the template files (aka you dont have any pngs/tgas in your folder) Make sure to go into Tools/NDS/SOURCE_FILES and delete all png files

geheim

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
For N64 wouldn't it be possible to let users manually define which ini and rom shall be used? At least at the beginning, this way you wouldn't need to hardcode all inis immedeatly. And there are some custom inis as well, e.g. for Mario Party 3 and Pokemon Stadium 2 US if I recall correctly.
Anyway many thanks for working on all those injectors, really appreciate it!

NicoAICP

Some random dude
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
For N64 wouldn't it be possible to let users manually define which ini and rom shall be used? At least at the beginning, this way you wouldn't need to hardcode all inis immedeatly. And there are some custom inis as well, e.g. for Mario Party 3 and Pokemon Stadium 2 US if I recall correctly.
Anyway many thanks for working on all those injectors, really appreciate it!
Yeah, that is a great idea, thanks :D!

Will properly start making it next saturday or eventually tommorow, from monday till friday i almost have no time and sundays I mostly do my homework

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, Very accurate.