ROM Hack [Release]New Super Mario Bros. Deluxe! (Remake of SMB1 & TLL + Extras)

gridatttack

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
El Salvador
Im actually surprised that the hack has been doing well in terms of downloads! So thanks everyone for playing this hack! :)

Also, I think I will make one final video.
The world 8 part 2 one. Just for preview purposes ;)
I will make the new video soon when I get a new PC! (I will get it tomorrow ;) )

gridatttack

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
El Salvador
If you guys have sen any bugs let me know. Right now,well begin for search for bugs in all levels, so new revisions shall be polished :)

And also, depending how much the hack is liked/feedback, I may add custom areas for all the renaming levels, like world 8 & 6, and the missing levels from world 7; essentially making all the levels have these custom areas for the starcoins to be hidden ^^

nakata6790

True Player
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I just started this and i'm slowly burning my way through it. If i run into anything of note i'll let you know. Congrats for your work so far.

LeonardoFM

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
grindattack, in World 3, level 3 if i'm not mistaken, there is a Hammer Bro which jumps off the red blocks, which is weird... You should be careful with this enemy, because he is glitched somehow, I don't know why :(

Do you know how to fix it? Thank you for your efforts, happy new year!

gridatttack

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
El Salvador
grindattack, in World 3, level 3 if i'm not mistaken, there is a Hammer Bro which jumps off the red blocks, which is weird... You should be careful with this enemy, because he is glitched somehow, I don't know why :(

Do you know how to fix it? Thank you for your efforts, happy new year!

I don't think its world 3-3. There are no hammer-bros there, not even the custom part...maybe its another level?
Thought there is a similar problem in world 5 ghost house, but that's the position of the enemy in the original game...maybe I should move it.
The thing is that hammerbros are coded to behave in a very odd way, thought I have deciphered their pattern behavior and know how to deal with them, but maybe the problem is the level layout...Ill try to find which hammer bro you meant.

Anyway, thanks for reporting and happy new year too! :)

Reactions: LeonardoFM

noki@

Trophies
XP
Country
I being trying to download this, but for some reason I can not get XDelta to work...
I followed all the instructions and I get the message saying File patch successful, but then no new file comes up....

Is there any alternative way to patch the file?

I am using the new Super Mario Bros Rom 32mb (U) as mentioned
All the files are in the same folder
I am using Windows 7 (is this a problem ?)

noki@

Trophies
XP
Country
Did you put the NDS extension behind the file?
You should check WHERE exactly you save the new file!

Merhaba

I tried to follow the instructions on the read me

"11. And at last, the third button! Click on "..." right of the "Target File" box and choose a place to save the patched file.

12. After saving the new file, it wont have an extension. You will need to right mouse click on the file and press "rename""

There is no patched file generated in order for me to put the NDS extension, I am trying to save the patched file (output file) in the same folder as the patch and the original rom

SKJmin

Loved by few, hated by many, respected by all...
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Turkey
Merhaba

I tried to follow the instructions on the read me

"11. And at last, the third button! Click on "..." right of the "Target File" box and choose a place to save the patched file.

12. After saving the new file, it wont have an extension. You will need to right mouse click on the file and press "rename""

There is no patched file generated in order for me to put the NDS extension, I am trying to save the patched file (output file) in the same folder as the patch and the original rom
Merhaba xD

Save the output file on the DESKTOP!!
Or create a folder and put it in!!

ADDITIONAL INFO:
Do you use a different local setting? Japanese or arabic?
I'm asking because I think you're default DOWNLOADFOLDER is the "My Files" and when you have different locals, you may also have different "My Files" locations.
Same goes to "Program Files"
Or it can't save because of those non-unicode paths!
Just an additioanl info, fdon't get confused by this :)

Just save the OUTPUT file on your dektop and look again!

noki@

Trophies
XP
Country
Merhaba xD

Save the output file on the DESKTOP!!
Or create a folder and put it in!!

ADDITIONAL INFO:
Do you use a different local setting? Japanese or arabic?
I'm asking because I think you're default DOWNLOADFOLDER is the "My Files" and when you have different locals, you may also have different "My Files" locations.
Same goes to "Program Files"
Or it can't save because of those non-unicode paths!
Just an additioanl info, fdon't get confused by this :)

Just save the OUTPUT file on your dektop and look again!

OK I tried to put it on the desktop and I tried the new folder option, both don't work :(
Nope I do not know Japanese or arabic lol its just on English...

gridatttack

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
El Salvador
Weird...I never heard a problem like this.

Unfortunately, there is no other way (there IS another one, but it involves looking for a prepatched ROM on google, which is not recommended because most are old versions), and I cant use a .nmp because the hack contains modified overlays which it does not support, and PPF o matic doesn't work for me. :(

Maybe its some problem in the settings. Like, the place you are trying is like 'Read only' or something like that.
Try what SKJmin said, when you click on the '...' button, type any name with the .nds extension at the end of the name. That way you dont have to search for a file and add the extension. Maybe your settings does not allows to create files with no extensions, so try the above method.

noki@

Trophies
XP
Country
Weird...I never heard a problem like this.

Unfortunately, there is no other way (there IS another one, but it involves looking for a prepatched ROM on google, which is not recommended because most are old versions), and I cant use a .nmp because the hack contains modified overlays which it does not support, and PPF o matic doesn't work for me. :(

Maybe its some problem in the settings. Like, the place you are trying is like 'Read only' or something like that.
Try what SKJmin said, when you click on the '...' button, type any name with the .nds extension at the end of the name. That way you dont have to search for a file and add the extension. Maybe your settings does not allows to create files with no extensions, so try the above method.

I tried using SKJmin method as mentioned and it still does not appear, it is weird... :S
The funny thing is though, that say like I call the file for example m.nds (the file still does not appear) but when I go to search and look for the file m.nds there is a trace of the file, but it says that windows is searching for it :S

So it looks like the file is created and then suddenly deleted :S But like I said no file ever appears, just the trace of the file as mentioned
I did try to use other versions of Xdelta and still I have the same problems... :(

The .nmp files works fine as I was able to patch the clone brothers version.

MarioFanatic64

The guy who does things
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
That's because my hack doesn't have modified overlays, so it will work with a .nmp.

You should try to patch the game using another computer. See if that works.

noki@

Trophies
XP
Country
Its ok now, I managed to find a updated patched/rom file.
so no issues any more :)

I just hope other hacks don't use xdelta in the future.

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its ok now, I managed to find a updated patched/rom file.
so no issues any more :)

I just hope other hacks don't use xdelta in the future.

the patches will still use xbelta because of the patch size limit on the file being patched can't use ppf or other patch formats

gridatttack

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
El Salvador
I actually meant other hacked roms, not this one in particular :)

Well, most NDS games hacks use xdelta as the method to distribute patches. So far, is the only method I have seen for other NDS games that arent NSMB (and other than PPF-o-matic, which I haven't seen a patch using that in ages) because its the most easy by far.
So im afraid there will always be more hacked roms that will use xdelta...:(
Maybe the problem was on your computer. I had similar problems with this computer, in which some programs wont work, but they do on another computer.

noki@

Trophies
XP
Country
Oh well I will leave it aside for the moment, if I need to use Xdelta I am sure I will somehow manage to get it to work, or who knows might have a new computer by then.
Its weird I tried it on another computer and there I got a force error :(
I actually first thought it was the rom, so I re-downloaded it just in case, but nope it was not that either :(

gridatttack

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
El Salvador
Just letting you guys know that a new version is in the works.
Don't have the precise date, but it will include something nice ;)

And of course, it will contain polished areas, since Ive seen some are a little too annoying. (like removing/adding/reworking some parts)
And it will fix some bugs (like getting stuck at some bonusrooms in TLL)

Reactions: SKJmin

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: It's Mayday fellas