ROM Hack [Release] New Super Mario Bros. Origins - Version 1.0 [by SKJmin]

Pleng

Custom Title
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
When I want make money, then I would make a Pay-Per-Download link (Paypal $5 or something), but as you can see this is for free! So stop bitching and get whant you can... Geez...

See this is exactly what I'm talking about. "Stop bitching and get what you can..." is a [typically] nasty attitude for a developer to have. If you're proud of your work and want as many people as possible to use it then why put additional hurdles in the way of getting it? I just don't get this ethos. Either you want to get paid (which is entirely reasonable) for your work, and you have a system in place to do so, or you want as many people to enjoy it for free as possible - in which case you make it easy as possible and don't start bitching at people who go out of their way to make it easier.

It has several reasons why I use them, and I don't have to tell you why I use them! Download it from these hosts or do not! Nobody forces you to play this game!

No you don't have to tell me why. I'd love to hear them, though, because I can't think of one good reason to use any of these awful sites that plague the internet. It would be genuinely interesting to hear an argument in their favour.

As for the game - Much as I quite fancy having a look at it, I'm not going to bother with it for now. I might give it a go one day it if the pre-patched ROM appears on some torrent sites.

SKJmin

Loved by few, hated by many, respected by all...
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Turkey
See this is exactly what I'm talking about. "Stop bitching and get what you can..." is a [typically] nasty attitude for a developer to have. If you're proud of your work and want as many people as possible to use it then why put additional hurdles in the way of getting it? I just don't get this ethos. Either you want to get paid (which is entirely reasonable) for your work, and you have a system in place to do so, or you want as many people to enjoy it for free as possible - in which case you make it easy as possible and don't start bitching at people who go out of their way to make it easier.

No you don't have to tell me why. I'd love to hear them, though, because I can't think of one good reason to use any of these awful sites that plague the internet. It would be genuinely interesting to hear an argument in their favour.

As for the game - Much as I quite fancy having a look at it, I'm not going to bother with it for now. I might give it a go one day it if the pre-patched ROM appears on some torrent sites.
Again... when you don't like it, search for another source! But don't cry when your computer is infected with spyware! I offer a complete clean and secured download, you just have to wait 30 secs!
(Premium members doesnt have to wait, but it's not worth to pay $9 for a 1MB file :))

I know it's hard to believe, but there are also people in the world who don't do everyting for money! :)

Hiccup

Trophies
XP
Country
I wanted make such a course in Origins, but you are very limited :( I had a great idea but the DS' power was too low :(

It is not the DS that is causes this limitation. It is the game.

I like the look of your levels, nice ideas there!
I'm glad to here its easier than NSMB3.
I'm sure [CENSORED] would enjoy some of your levels.

SKJmin

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Turkey
It is not the DS that is causes this limitation. It is the game.

I like the look of your levels, nice ideas there!
I'm glad to here its easier than NSMB3.
I'm sure [CENSORED] would enjoy some of your levels.
Yeah probably :) You edited some levels aswell, the game is bitching and bitching...
I even had to use "6-Cannon" to get my ULTRA STARMAN CHALLENGE to work (not enough room, and even with the 6-Cannon, I deleted 2 complete obstacles from the original...)

NSMB3 was probebly very hard (but it was the wish from the community! I had started a poll and tons of people voted for VERY HARD)

Shit on [CENSORED] - who cares this guy...

SKJmin

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Turkey
You wouldn't have made your hack without 'this guy'.
Credits go to Treeki - and only Treeki!! I'm still using the revision from him (where you can still set an unlimited timer)
Your so much loved friend blocked my game on the new editors... try to open my games :P

And comments like "you wouldn't made your hack..." is the worst ever!
I CANNOT REMEMBER that "this guy" helped in <u>any</u> place? More the opposite, check my threads!

Everything ingame was made by myself! That's why I always credit Treeki! (Even when Treeki attacks me aswell - and I never talked nor chatted with this guy)
You guys should stop being "this guy's" dogs...

And when you still wanna defend him, then do it in a private message, but don't ruin this thread!

Hiccup

Trophies
XP
Country
Credits go to Treeki - and only Treeki!! I'm still using the revision from him (where you can still set an unlimited timer)
Your so much loved friend blocked my game on the new editors... try to open my games :P

And comments like "you wouldn't made your hack..." is the worst ever!
I CANNOT REMEMBER that "this guy" helped in <u>any</u> place? More the opposite, check my threads!

Everything ingame was made by myself! That's why I always credit Treeki! (Even when Treeki attacks me aswell - and I never talked nor chatted with this guy)
You guys should stop being "this guy's" dogs...

And when you still wanna defend him, then do it in a private message, but don't ruin this thread!

You only used Treekis editor. So I will stop being "'this guys' dog".

EDIT:
You must have worked really hard, that version is quite slow for placing things in levels.
Didn't you ask for it to be locked?
Anybody could edit your hack in the new editor, with a bit of time, .

SKJmin

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Turkey
You only used Treekis editor. So I will stop being "'this guys' dog".

EDIT:
You must have worked really hard, that version is quite slow for placing things in levels.
Didn't you ask for it to be locked?
Anybody could edit your hack in the new editor, with a bit of time, .
I received the editor from Freeze some years ago... LuckWii and me had tweaked it a lot to make things easier :)
It's really sad that LuckyWii (probably) died... He had so insane things in his hack! Never seen things, not even in mine...

He was even working on a tileset switcher per ID, RETRO <=> REMAKE
I miss this guy, seriously...

Hiccup

Trophies
XP
Country
It's a bit silly to say that someone has died, just because they are off the internet.
Could you PM me this version of the editor? It sounds interesting.

SKJmin

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Turkey
It's a bit silly to say that someone has died, just because they are off the internet.
Could you PM me this version of the editor? It sounds interesting.
Let's say I know much more infos about LuckWii than anybody other! I was in contact with him - daily...
He dissapeared suddenly. I won't call the devil, but I'm almost sure that he left us :(

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: I always thought that capcom shuffled the games in these collection, but apparently they are all...