ROM Hack [Release] PS1 Forwarder Creator

biggiewendyzfriez

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, i'm having issues with this new 1.7.8 version, the analog sticks WON'T WORK and i don't know why, is someone else having this problem?
yep. The only reason I need the creator tool is for Ape Escape so I've regressed to 1.7.7 since DualShock is working on that version of the core. I don't know how to update the core but that would be a handy feature because I've been stuck for like 3 days trying to figure this dualshock stuff out

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Hello, i'm having issues with this new 1.7.8 version, the analog sticks WON'T WORK and i don't know why, is someone else having this problem?
I think it was the core that was the issue from Nov 2020. I couldn't get Ape Escape to work in retroarch across the board at that time. The only reason I need the PS1 Forwarder Creator tool to be updated to 1.8.0 is for the latest core. I'd do it myself, but I'm not sure where to start. Any pointers? a feature to select your own core file would be awesome in the next revision whenever it happens ;P works been hella busy lately so no guarantees on when I can get around to updating the core to the latest nightly PCSX

Rokusho

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hi Guys! Could you please help me? I was checking this topic and I found out that you can play Dragon Warrior/ Quest 7 PSX using this method. I have tried to emulate this game before on my Wii U but I got problems with the message screen, the menu, and the text boxes in general. Do you know if this problem occurs on 3DS? Can I play this game at Full Speed? What about the sound? Thank you so much and I hope you can answer my questions

Actually, this is going to decide if I buy a New 3DS or I stay with the Old One :D

Thanks for the Help!

Last edited by Rokusho,

Spongeboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi Guys! Could you please help me? I was checking this topic and I found out that you can play Dragon Warrior/ Quest 7 PSX using this method. I have tried to emulate this game before on my Wii U but I got problems with the message screen, the menu, and the text boxes in general. Do you know if this problem occurs on 3DS? Can I play this game at Full Speed? What about the sound? Thank you so much and I hope you can answer my questions

Actually, this is going to decide if I buy a New 3DS or I stay with the Old One :D

Thanks for the Help!

I only own a New 3ds but I disabled the L2 cache and higher clock speeds to get it closer to the Old 3ds performance. I also only tested performance in the beginning town area, so I don't know how it does in fights.

On the safe preset the N3ds had no audio or video issues and the frame rate never dropped. No problems at all with menus or text boxes. With the simulated O3ds, the audio was slowed down considerably and the frame rate was well below 30fps. It was playable as an rpg but not a fun experience.

On the turbo preset, the game refused to boot at all. I might test it out on the fast preset if I have time, but probably not. If you don't need the original experience there is a 3ds remake of the game.

Rokusho

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I only own a New 3ds but I disabled the L2 cache and higher clock speeds to get it closer to the Old 3ds performance. I also only tested performance in the beginning town area, so I don't know how it does in fights.

On the safe preset the N3ds had no audio or video issues and the frame rate never dropped. No problems at all with menus or text boxes. With the simulated O3ds, the audio was slowed down considerably and the frame rate was well below 30fps. It was playable as an rpg but not a fun experience.

On the turbo preset, the game refused to boot at all. I might test it out on the fast preset if I have time, but probably not. If you don't need the original experience there is a 3ds remake of the game.

Thank You so Much! :D

I'm going to consider getting a New Nintendo 3DS just to play this version. I know there is a 3D remake that I've already completed once, but the PSX version is closer to a SNES game in Super HQ and I really like that.

doha057

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
Few questions, Can I update the psx core used manually? Can anyone give me the optimum settings for the classic Resident Evil games, especially the 3rd one. Finally, will there be more update to this injector or is it still being worked on?

Benlo

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.ibenlo.com
XP
Country
United States
Any word on adding compatibility for the new PCSX-Rearmed core updates? Hopefully, that would also fix that pesky analog stick problem... I love having all my games in folders on my home menu for each console, so I'm just weighing if it's worth waiting for there to be a new update before I attempt to make any forwarders.

Last edited by Benlo,
Reactions: thisjustin2001

doha057

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
so I'm just weighing if it's worth waiting for there to be a new update before I attempt to make any forwarders.

I wanted to know about it for similar reasons, but the current version actually works just fine on the games I wanted to play, so I am satisfied. My assumption is not until there is a significant improvement on the rearmed core, there won't be any update.

Reactions: thisjustin2001

Trashguy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I love this thing it works great but I got a quick question I tried getting king field 1 and 2 to work but when I launch the games on my new 2ds xl it just has a black screen at the top but still the virtual console settings any fixes????

realitymediaman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick question: am I the only one getting virus alerts when trying to run this app? I tried to run every version of the app posted by OP and they all had viruses attached (thankfully caught by my malware protection). This is the only time this has happened to me on this site. Anyone else with same issue?

PS - if anyone has a STABLE version of the forwarder please let me know, I would be so grateful

doha057

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
Quick question: am I the only one getting virus alerts when trying to run this app?

PS - if anyone has a STABLE version of the forwarder please let me know, I would be so grateful
There are no virus with any of the version, its windows fail safety measure, nothing but a false flag, ignore and run it, you may have to disable your antivirus temporarily, if you have any.

Reactions: realitymediaman

realitymediaman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are no virus with any of the version, its windows fail safety measure, nothing but a false flag, ignore and run it, you may have to disable your antivirus temporarily, if you have any.

You were right! Thank you so much

I normally use a macbook so I do my 3ds modding on a family members computer. I was extremely nervous when seeing the malware warnings, but after reading what you said I crossed my fingers, turned off my antivirus and it worked with zero issue! Computer is also fine as well

Again thanks so much, clearly a noob here so really appreciate it

doha057

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
You were right! Thank you so much
Its alright. you are welcome and you did the right thing by asking, because its okay to not trust executable files. always make sure and ask about it if you are unsure and especially on someone else's PC. Good day.

zychion

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey Guys. I've been messing with this a bit recently and was wondering if anyone has figured out how to create an up to date code.bin file?

MoFro

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The code.bin file seems to be where the emulator and/or prerequisites are stored. I wasn't sure if someone had found a way to update that without updating the rest of the program.
Looks like there is a createcodebin function in rarch3ds_forwarder_creator_functions.ahk? May not be what creates that particular code.bin though...

Last edited by MoFro,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Y @ YuseiFD: :creep: