Hacking [RELEASE] PS4 RetroArch Port (Unofficial)

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its not out, well one test Core was made.. 2048
Have you tried the Docker from here?
https://github.com/orbisdev/orbisdev
This must be the right repo, 3 months ago? :)
I just checked the make file. I don't know what the difference is between ps4 and orbis, but ps4 actually uses open orbis actually, not orbisdev. They're separate sdk's for the ps4. You can tell what a project uses based on its environmental variable.

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looking back at some of the commits they do specify orbisdev? you sure they use openorbis? or perhaps both?
https://github.com/libretro/RetroArch/commit/49370f1f26287757cbd974de60b65f569915d396
yes

1678113569826.png

that's the environmental variable for Open Orbis (OO_PS4_TOOLCHAIN). orbis dev is just that ORBISDEV . OO most likely stands for Open Orbis specifically.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh, I thought you were talking about Osiris, because this is his thread. I have open orbis installed on debian. it's what the homebrew store uses as well.

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
oh, I thought you were talking about Osiris, because this is his thread. I have open orbis installed on debian. it's what the homebrew store uses as well.
Nah, I was talking about the upcoming official PS4 port, I should have specified.
If you can compile that we will have access to the latest RA + Cores.

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nah, I was talking about the upcoming official PS4 port, I should have specified.
If you can compile that we will have access to the latest RA + Cores.
I was aware of it using orbisdev about two years ago. lightning mods told me iirc. not sure how he knew, but orbisdev seems to be far less used than open orbis. it adds to the confusion to have more than one sdk, but the psp does as well with the older one being for pro, me, and ark compiling. I think the new one was need for the sm64 port. I've always had trouble with compiling retroarch though. there's always a missing dependency it seems, with many of them being from libretro like libretro-common is one of them, I believe.

Reactions: ploggy

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I was aware of it using orbisdev about two years ago. lightning mods told me iirc. not sure how he knew, but orbisdev seems to be far less used than open orbis. it adds to the confusion to have more than one sdk, but the psp does as well with the older one being for pro, me, and ark compiling. I think the new one was need for the sm64 port. I've always had trouble with compiling retroarch though. there's always a missing dependency it seems, with many of them being from libretro like libretro-common is one of them, I believe.
heh, at this point I think its intentional to stop people from compiling it early lol

• Haha

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
heh, at this point I think its intentional to stop people from compiling it early lol
I wasn't able to compile Osiris' either. I wasn't sure what he used, which version of the sdk and which dependencies. since he hasn't posted on here in a very long time, I expect I won't know. I asked LM if he knew, and he suggested I ask him on his discord server, but I've never seem him on it. I don't post in there that often anymore, because I haven't really turned my ps4 on in quite some time.

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I wasn't able to compile Osiris' either. I wasn't sure what he used, which version of the sdk and which dependencies. since he hasn't posted on here in a very long time, I expect I won't know. I asked LM if he knew, and he suggested I ask him on his discord server, but I've never seem him on it. I don't post in there that often anymore, because I haven't really turned my ps4 on in quite some time.
I maybe wrong here, but I think the reason people were vague on how to compile OsiriszX' RA was because it used some potential SDK stuff? dunno tho.
I would try to compile myself but I haven't got a clue without step-by-step instructions.
I haven't turned my PS4 on for a while either other Console things are taking my attention for now, but I would use it alot more often if it had an official RA release :)

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I maybe wrong here, but I think the reason people were vague on how to compile OsiriszX' RA was because it used some potential SDK stuff? dunno tho.
I would try to compile myself but I haven't got a clue without step-by-step instructions.
I haven't turned my PS4 on for a while either other Console things are taking my attention for now, but I would use it alot more often if it had an official RA release :)
I think Osiris used 1.50 of OpenOrbis with the sm64 compile, and I think that came out around the same time he did retroarch. it compiles on 1.51 as well, but it doesn't on 1.52. you also need clang version 10, so ubuntu 20.04 is perfect for compiling sm64, probably this as well.

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I think Osiris used 1.50 of OpenOrbis with the sm64 compile, and I think that came out around the same time he did retroarch. it compiles on 1.51 as well, but it doesn't on 1.52. you also need clang version 10, so ubuntu 20.04 is perfect for compiling sm64, probably this as well.
I think if I were to go down the RA PS4 rabbit hole I'd try to compile the newer official PS4.
There is a Docker file for Orbisdev so perhaps it would be easier than i think.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah, I compiled it manually, but I was missing a dependency until @zecoxao told me what I was missing. it was failing to compile before that happened, but it succeeded afterwards. it took about an hour if not longer to do, but that was on the old computer without using all the cores iirc. I transferred my linux drives (5 of them) to my new pc. all 5 worked. :D so, I didn't have to start over, which would've been horrible, especially with something like this, because I can't remember the name of the last dependency. it's buried somewhere in @KiiWii 's aio thread.

Reactions: KiiWii and ploggy

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
yeah, I compiled it manually, but I was missing a dependency until @zecoxao told me what I was missing. it was failing to compile before that happened, but it succeeded afterwards. it took about an hour if not longer to do, but that was on the old computer without using all the cores iirc. I transferred my linux drives (5 of them) to my new pc. all 5 worked. :D so, I didn't have to start over, which would've been horrible, especially with something like this, because I can't remember the name of the last dependency. it's buried somewhere in @KiiWii 's aio thread.
Thanks if I decide to try i'll go look for it there :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Depends everyone mixing their flour now days