Hacking [Release] rxTools - Roxas75 3DS Toolkit [fw 2.0 - 9.2]

Status
Not open for further replies.

motezazer

Trophies
XP
Country
France
In that case it does seem very odd that that Nintendo only branded it with a revision chance (albeit with a significant jump from -1 to -7). A change of that level really should have resulted in a version change, and probably a Major one (from 2.xx to 3.xx) from the sounds of it.
It's mainly the ARM9 part that went under the redevelopment, not the ARM11 kernel (that might be the reason).

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's mainly the ARM9 part that went under the redevelopment, not the ARM11 kernel (that might be the reason).

Maybe, but then again Nintendo seems to be dropping the ball with this stuff lately.

For example even if the change required to fix mch2 was minor, it REALLY should have warranted an increase in the version number (2.50 to 2.51). The fact they did not do this is the very reason we are successfully using a hard mod to downgrade the FIRM partitions from the 10.4 update back to the 10.2 update that is still vulnerable to mch2, and then effectively downgrading from 10.5 to 9.2 using safesysupdater.

This would have been prevented very simply by changing the version number to 2.51-0 and then updating a single title (like the home menu) to check for the new firm version. Those two things alone would have stopped it.

Last edited by Aroth,

Koryushin

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I did a short read to the 2 previous pages and all i have to say is the team dev rxtools on their free time. If you don't enjoy the way they take there is still others CFW you can use + some tools as Decrypt9 and others.

I don't care about the satable 3.0 stable release. I can compile nightlies builds myself and enjoy rxtools. If you want 9.6+ emunand on N3ds go on cakes or Reinand but don't spit on the dev work please. As i said they do it on their free time.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
I did a short read to the 2 previous pages and all i have to say is the team dev rxtools on their free time. If you don't enjoy the way they take there is still others CFW you can use + some tools as Decrypt9 and others.

I don't care about the satable 3.0 stable release. I can compile nightlies builds myself and enjoy rxtools. If you want 9.6+ emunand on N3ds go on cakes or Reinand but don't spit on the dev work please. As i said they do it on their free time.

RxTools. The GW of free CFW. Soon!

I'm just playing. Oo It's their work, they release when they feel it's right.

Reactions: Koryushin

zero2exe

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
In this case I would say no. In this case I would say you take another approach and be closer to the community with what you just did today. Don't do it once in a month. Or even better, create an IRC channel so you can keep us up to date with what happens internally in rxTools team(yes even if you say "i was banging a girl so I didn't have time to update rxTools". I don't care. :P)

Edit: oh yeah you have twitter. I forgot your account existed for a moment.
There was an active IRC back when Roxas was still working on the project but there were never many people in there, so twitter should be enough for news updates.

Reactions: Zidapi

fr3quency

Trophies
Website
fr3quency.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Greece
And yet there are tons of people on this forum that keep telling every noob to update to the latest nightly every chance they get.
Obviously they have tested it themselves and this is why they tell them to update if it works good. If it doesn't work, they will specify which nightly to download.

Reactions: Zidapi

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
Holy..

What's with the sense of entitlement? I understand we all waited a long time, but it's not like the team really owe us anything.. They'll release something whenever they feel like it..

That being said, I vote option 2 all the way. Quick and dirty is never the answer. Especially when there are alternatives. Take your time, and release something you can be proud of. Don't release something just because you feel pressured to do so.

Reactions: dmc310 and Zidapi

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Obviously they have tested it themselves and this is why they tell them to update if it works good. If it doesn't work, they will specify which nightly to download.
I'm not talking about the helpful ones that go through the trouble of explaining things properly. I'm talking about the arogant idiots whose only reply is get the latest nightly whether or not they've even tested if the latest works. I'm not sure they even know why they are suggesting it since there is actually no benefit to updating over a stable release for now.

fr3quency

Trophies
Website
fr3quency.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Greece
I'm not talking about the helpful ones that go through the trouble of explaining things properly. I'm talking about the arogant idiots whose only reply is get the latest nightly whether or not they've even tested if the latest works. I'm not sure they even know why they are suggesting it since there is actually no benefit to updating over a stable release for now.
I haven't seen such posts yet, but I'm sure they exist. The only bad thing with the nightlies is that you cannot view the version of H&C so that you inject FBI. This is why I suggest 2.6 and then an update to some working (preferably latest :P) nightly. Btw, the latest nightly loads faster than 2.6 so that's a plus for me. Guys, if I ever tell you to update to latest nightly, do so. I install it the moment it is out. xd (I keep a backup for good or worse)

Reactions: Grim Ripper

DeslotlCL

GBAtemp's scalie trash
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i'm perfectly fine using 2.6 and i can wait for the next official 3.0 release. Still don't understand why it is that necesary to update to a nightly (not talking about the coldboot feature, i don't need that).

fr3quency

Trophies
Website
fr3quency.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Greece
i'm perfectly fine using 2.6 and i can wait for the next official 3.0 release. Still don't understand why it is that necesary to update to a nightly (not talking about the coldboot feature, i don't need that).
As a Nexus user(it's a phone), I want to tinker everything. CyanogenMod(it's a custom ROM) had Nightlies, so I used to flash them every day back then. This is what I'm used to when it comes to such stuff.

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
As a Nexus user(it's a phone), I want to tinker everything. CyanogenMod(it's a custom ROM) had Nightlies, so I used to flash them every day back then. This is what I'm used to when it comes to such stuff.
The thing is, most people who do this actually just want the easiest, most stable way to play games. Yes, that might sound boring and odd to people who just want to tinker, but that's just how it is. So, you kinda have to base your advice on that rather than assume they want the same thing.

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Take your time guys, there are alternatives available for those who can't wait.

Real life should be your number one priority, and rxTools a distant second.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @BakerMan needs more expand dong