Homebrew [Release] Save Hacker 3000 (Fake Save Manager)

MasterLel

Cooonfusion of da highest orda
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
France
Is it possible to make an homebrew application that silently change your mii name ? That would be funny, you open the homebrew, and boom, your mii name is "anus", a lot of fun

If it's not possible with miis, you could do it to pokemon save games, like a homebrew save editor with fake options such as "Fill box 1 with Hoopa", choosing any option would rename the player name to "idiot" or "trolled" for example, and when the user would try to restore his backup through the homebrew, a trollface appears, and finally after multiple tries it would finally restore the backup file...
Or a homebrew that show a fake brick message like "Nintendo have blocked your console due to an illegal application. Contact the support at [support url] for more information.", stuff like that

Reactions: ringo1206

Laroon

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
hasthelargehadroncolliderdestroyedtheworldyet.com
XP
Country
Antarctica
Is it possible to make an homebrew application that silently change your mii name ? That would be funny, you open the homebrew, and boom, your mii name is "anus", a lot of fun

If it's not possible with miis, you could do it to pokemon save games, like a homebrew save editor with fake options such as "Fill box 1 with Hoopa", choosing any option would rename the player name to "idiot" or "trolled" for example, and when the user would try to restore his backup through the homebrew, a trollface appears, and finally after multiple tries it would finally restore the backup file...
Or a homebrew that show a fake brick message like "Nintendo have blocked your console due to an illegal application. Contact the support at [support url] for more information.", stuff like that
Even if it's possible, it seems more malicious than playful. It's actually editing someones work without their consent. Although just using it on a friend wouldn't be too much of a deal you would probably have to make it yourself for personal use be it in good fun or otherwise.

MasterLel

Cooonfusion of da highest orda
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
France
Well I see it as a troll, with of course a way to revert back the actions. But yeah some people would abuse it not only to troll people but to ruin their gameplay, so... The "fake bricking message" is cool though. Or even an homebrew that change the theme to a specifically designed one to make think the user that his console is broken (weird sounds etc).. a lot of things can be done, as long as they can't be abused in a bad way or being too annoying

Reactions: Laroon

mgrev

Music Addict, Video Game Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Troll apps huh? If it were me, I would have made a 'signiture patcher for 10.1', then when you run it it says something went wrong and the nand was corrupted. Then the screen gets all scrambled and you have to do a hard shutdown.

Better then a trollface. Just sayin.
DO IT! JUST DO IT! DON'T LET YOUR DREAMS BE DREAMS!

Reactions: WeedZ and VegaRoXas

XeR ッ

Not sure if i still wanna be here.
Trophies
XP
Country
France

This could actually be useful for custom mii names for thoses who don't have the japanese "keyboard"
Such as :

SuzieJoeBob

NOT a New Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You should include something that detects the firmware version and displays it. Makes it seem more authentic and helps you learn how to do some more complex code in the process!!!

Also, put in something that says "Decrypting save" and "reading Slotx25 encryption key". If pranking someone using text, using things that they don't understand masks the prank look more legitimate.

Reactions: SomeGamer

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @mthrnite, Cheetah Girls, the sequel to Action 52's Cheetah Men.
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Pokemon Black I played that one a lot
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Honestly never messed with Pokémon on ds much
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    I played pokemon once, was bored, never tried again
    Oh Dragon Quest IX
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spent like 5 hours on switch one never touched it again
    Sentinel of the stary skies
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ds is 20 years old this year
    So MJ no longer wants to play with it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He put it down when the 3ds came out
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, RIP Felix does great videos on the PS3 yellow-light-of-death.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Eventhough the New 3DS XL is more powerful, I still feel like the DS Lite was a more polished system. It's a real shame that it never got an XL variant keeping the GBA slot. You'd have to go on AliExpress and buy an ML shell to give a DS phat the unofficial "DS Lite" treatment, and that's the best we'll ever get I'm afraid.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
    Veho @ Veho: +1