ROM Hack [Release] Sm4shCommand

Sun_Spirit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you mean the Beta has worked before, or the Original has worked before?

And if the beta has parsed correctly before, what exactly happens when you try to parse? (errors, etc)
I downloaded the beta an hour ago. I opened my Fighter and tried to Parse Animations. It was updated to select a folder instead of the game.bin file. When I chose the folder it doesn't parse the animations and it still remains as very complicated numbers.

Mattshark

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I downloaded the beta an hour ago. I opened my Fighter and tried to Parse Animations. It was updated to select a folder instead of the game.bin file. When I chose the folder it doesn't parse the animations and it still remains as very complicated numbers.
Assuming that "Parse Animations" worked when you were using the original, Parsing Animations doesn't work in the beta version, at least for the 3ds. You'll just have to wait until an official update fixes it.

Or you could go try a recent release I just found on Sammi-Husky's Github (PARAM v0.57) at
https://github.com/Sammi-Husky/Sm4sh-Tools/releases/
that supposedly fixes parsing, although the interface looks a bit different from the other beta and I haven't personally tested it yet.

Sammi Husky

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Assuming that "Parse Animations" worked when you were using the original, Parsing Animations doesn't work in the beta version, at least for the 3ds. You'll just have to wait until an official update fixes it.

Or you could go try a recent release I just found on Sammi-Husky's Github (PARAM v0.57) at
https://github.com/Sammi-Husky/Sm4sh-Tools/releases/
that supposedly fixes parsing, although the interface looks a bit different from the other beta and I haven't personally tested it yet.

PARAM v0.57 is the param file editor i wrote up the other day.

I want the same with the Japanese version, please let us extract the other languages,or tell us what to do @Sammi Husky
Fixed this already. Just gotta post the new version.

SM4SHCommand:
  • Fix saving as different platform
  • Fix parsing animations on 3ds.
  • Fix goto loop se/deserialization
  • Update events.cfg with more bruteforced names

DTLS:
  • Optimize RF parsing (used to to take almost 5 seconds per RF, now instant)
  • Properly extract all region partitions
  • Automatically determine game region from default RF file.
  • Fixed extracting WiiU updates
Both are in this zip. I'll draft up a github release a bit later.

Attachments

• Release.zip
    276.4 KB · Views: 235

HeartBound

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

SM4SHCommand:

DTLS:
Animation parsing doesn't seem to work with this version.
Can you tell me the syntax for Allow_Interrupt? just adding () after doesn't seem to work as my move isnt cancellable.(does it go into the main?)
Is there any way to know which params are where in your param editor?

Mr.???

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

SM4SHCommand:

DTLS:
I can't parse the animation. I thought you said it was fixed.

Sammi Husky

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whoops, wrong build. Sorry bout that. This is the correct one

Animation parsing doesn't seem to work with this version.
Can you tell me the syntax for Allow_Interrupt? just adding () after doesn't seem to work as my move isnt cancellable.(does it go into the main?)
Is there any way to know which params are where in your param editor?

The Allow_Interrupt() command goes in the main script. At that frame and beyond the move is instantly cancellable into any other move. As far as the param editor goes, there isnt a way to know what params are what without testing it. Every param file is different, and handled directly within the game's code. The format is actually extremely difficult to parse generically because the game has specific functions for each different param file that handles each differently. Because of this, some files won't be displayed or rebuilt correctly. Normally, they are the param files with embedded groups. However, a good 80% or so will open fine.

Attachments

• Release.zip
    276.4 KB · Views: 259
Last edited by Sammi Husky,

Sammi Husky

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The second one i posted definitely can parse animations. Make sure your not selecting a file, but rather the character's motion folder. The folder with the "body" and other folders in it

Mattshark

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The second one i posted definitely can parse animations. Make sure your not selecting a file, but rather the character's motion folder. The folder with the "body" and other folders in it
Tried that with both the fighter and the body folder, neither one works...
Does it have anything to do with the fact I'm still editing the 1.1.4 files?

Sammi Husky

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For the 3ds ver, the correct directory to select would be data/motion/fighter/[fighter]/. For WiiU, it would be data/fighter/[fighter]/motion. Is this the directory your selecting? It really shouldn't have anything to do with whether it's base version or if it's an update.

Last edited by Sammi Husky,

Mattshark

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For the 3ds ver, the correct directory to select would be data/motion/fighter/[fighter]/. For WiiU, it would be data/fighter/[fighter]/motion. Is this the directory your selecting? It really shouldn't have anything to do with whether it's base version or if it's an update.
That's weird; its still not working...

Sammi Husky

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you sure your using the second one i posted? The first one was the wrong build and the root node in the file tree was "root" instead of "ACMD". I fixed that in the second post here

Whoops, wrong build. Sorry bout that. This is the correct one

The Allow_Interrupt() command goes in the main script. At that frame and beyond the move is instantly cancellable into any other move. As far as the param editor goes, there isnt a way to know what params are what without testing it. Every param file is different, and handled directly within the game's code. The format is actually extremely difficult to parse generically because the game has specific functions for each different param file that handles each differently. Because of this, some files won't be displayed or rebuilt correctly. Normally, they are the param files with embedded groups. However, a good 80% or so will open fine.

Mattshark

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you sure your using the second one i posted? The first one was the wrong build and the root node in the file tree was "root" instead of "ACMD". I fixed that in the second post here
You mean when you load a fighter folder, the top left right (right next to the plus that expands the tree) it says ACMD? Because that's what mine says, it doesn't say "root" anywhere...

KentoBento

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm still getting a System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException exception. Does the DTLS still not support other regions like JPN? The dump I'm using is from my Japanese cartridge.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    and co op
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @salazarcosplay, kind of like mugen or rivals of aether?
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    and also ahve the option to play as a human
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or set it up that when you get injured past a certain point they have to replace your human parts with cybernetics
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i have a placeholder enemy sprite i made
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or have it that you don't know you are a cyborg, robot, and you find out and have a existential crisis
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or have it start in the virtual world and you are an ai that gained sentience
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    btw gonna wash my face in a bit, my eyes feel tired
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    and you convince your owner to help you break out of the virtual world to real world
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Eyes - "yawn"
    +1
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    you bleack in to goverment computer systems to get cyborg schematics so you can get a robot body constructed
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    btw @BigOnYa the health bar doesnt decrease when i take damage (and yes i put the "at the beggining of the scene change value of greenflatbar: set to Protagonistcopmode.Health::Health())
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    i the protagonist
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    human, robot, cyborg
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    human with cyborg enhancements
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or like terminatior
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    with living tissue
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Xdqwerty there is health behaviour you can add to your character, then to use a health bar is lil more complicated, google n watch a few tutorial video on it, be too hard to explain here.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, the character has the health behavior
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I know you have to create a health and health max variable. Then there is a calculation you use in code to subtract width size of the health bar. Google few vids.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, the "greenflatbar" is one of the preset health bars btw
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea you can use any bar/sprite. It will just change the width. Ok good luck and have fun. I'm off to go shoot some pool at the bar. Talk to you later.
    +1
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Yea you can use any bar/sprite. It will just change the width. Ok good luck and have fun. I'm... +1