ROM Hack [Release] Sm4shCommand

D

Deleted User

This is probably beyond my abilities, but thinking about it has really made me curious... So I've seen that model swaps are possible. Is it possible to do the exact opposite? That is, instead of placing a model onto a specific skeleton, could one theoretically take the animation and characteristics of a specific move and give it to a different fighter? For example, if you wanted to give Mario a falcon punch, would that be possible to do with enough work?

Mattshark

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And how can I install it?
You'll need a way to install CIAs, using programs like FBI or BigBlueMenu. In order to do that with the latest 3ds version, you'll need to downgrade your 3ds and set up a CFW; Just search the forums for Custom Firmware tutorials, there's a lot of them on this site.

YamiZee

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
The program refuses to save. I open the game.bin, parse with main.bch, delete a line of code. Save, and also try saving as. I close and reopen both files, neither one is how I edited it to be. Both are the unedited version. What should I do?

HeartBound

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The program refuses to save. I open the game.bin, parse with main.bch, delete a line of code. Save, and also try saving as. I close and reopen both files, neither one is how I edited it to be. Both are the unedited version. What should I do?
you have to close the tab and then save after

The_Marcster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
You'll need a way to install CIAs, using programs like FBI or BigBlueMenu. In order to do that with the latest 3ds version, you'll need to downgrade your 3ds and set up a CFW; Just search the forums for Custom Firmware tutorials, there's a lot of them on this site.

How big is the risk of bricking your 3DS when downgrading? Also, if I downgrade, I will most likely not be able to use internet functions anymore, right?

Trinitro21

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How big is the risk of bricking your 3DS when downgrading? Also, if I downgrade, I will most likely not be able to use internet functions anymore, right?
Downgrading has a fairly high success rate, and bricks mostly happen because of user error.
One of the benefits of downgrading is that you can set up what is called an emuNAND, a copy of your 3DS's OS on your SD card that you can boot with a custom firmware. Because it's separate from the OS on the 3DS itself, you can update it and regain online access.

The_Marcster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Downgrading has a fairly high success rate, and bricks mostly happen because of user error.
One of the benefits of downgrading is that you can set up what is called an emuNAND, a copy of your 3DS's OS on your SD card that you can boot with a custom firmware. Because it's separate from the OS on the 3DS itself, you can update it and regain online access.

Is it really worth it though? I found a really long write-up about it and if I really wanted to do that it would not only take me several hours but also every step I perform has some risk of bricking my console. For a unexperienced user like me that just seems like a recipe to destroy your console. Isn't there some easier way of modding smash? I don't wanna brick my console but I also really want to create some mods...

HeartBound

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is it really worth it though? I found a really long write-up about it and if I really wanted to do that it would not only take me several hours but also every step I perform has some risk of bricking my console. For a unexperienced user like me that just seems like a recipe to destroy your console. Isn't there some easier way of modding smash? I don't wanna brick my console but I also really want to create some mods...
The risk are very minimum. I've downgraded about 10 3ds for my friends and nothing bad ever happened. Just follow the guides

Reactions: ArcPh1r3

Cydget

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Even if you fail, you can buy a "Broken" used 3ds on ebay for arround $50. Just look for one that only has cartridge reader damaged.

Last edited by Cydget,

The_Marcster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
The risk are very minimum. I've downgraded about 10 3ds for my friends and nothing bad ever happened. Just follow the guides

Even if you fail, you can buy a "Broken" used 3ds on ebay for arround $50. Just look for one that only has cartridge reader damage.

Well, thank you for your opinions... I will try it as soon as I can.

Mattshark

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question...

When you grab a player, and that player you grabbed gets hit by another person's attack, they get knocked free most of the time, right?
But you know how some moves are so weak that they don't knock them out of it the first time?

Here's my question:
What factors determine if a player gets "knocked free" or not?

I'm confused, since testing shows that Yoshi's Neutral Jab 1 knocks them free (3%) but throwing a ray gun doesn't (more%, don't remember actual number), so its not percent dependent...

(Trying to make a grab unescapable, but still have the release-them-if-you-hold-them-too-long feature)

HeartBound

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Question...

When you grab a player, and that player you grabbed gets hit by another person's attack, they get knocked free most of the time, right?
But you know how some moves are so weak that they don't knock them out of it the first time?

Here's my question:
What factors determine if a player gets "knocked free" or not?

I'm confused, since testing shows that Yoshi's Neutral Jab 1 knocks them free (3%) but throwing a ray gun doesn't (more%, don't remember actual number), so its not percent dependent...

(Trying to make a grab unescapable, but still have the release-them-if-you-hold-them-too-long feature)
did you compare the gun and yoshi's knockback? did yoshi have rage? maybe thats what decides it. Maybe the character's damage also affect this.

ZoNtendo

Trophies
XP
Country
fuk :(
Cf3wHgyXIAAr7rx.jpg:large

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/Y9WKPRUjNQ4?si=raUf8jEiET8rmH2P