[Release] The Great Ace Attorney - Episode 2 English Patch

frontonly.jpg

The latest patch for The Great Ace Attorney (Episode 1+2) is out! You can grab it at the Github link below.

ENG 2.1.0

Download: https://github.com/StarStabbedMoon/DGS-ENG/releases
Typos and errors can be reported here: https://github.com/StarStabbedMoon/DGS-ENG/issues

Notes:

• This includes many fixes for Episode 1
  • Manual incomplete (but notes for Episode 2 added)
  • Home menu banner untranslated (cannot be translated with a game update)
  • Uses the (mostly) same patcher from the demo
  • Since the question pops up a lot: there are five Episodes in total and a sequel of the same length we will also translate.
Requirements:
  • 3DS with CFW
  • Demo or full copy of Dual Destinies
  • Full physical or eShop copy of Dai Gyakuten Saiban
  • Patch

Our website
FAQ
Translation Notes
Credits
GBAtemp project thread

Last edited by Uwabami,

Gvitor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
That's very weird. I wanted to suggest doing this:
[C:] GAMECART > 000400000014AD00_v00.3ds > NCSD image options... > Verify file

But this fails on my system too :unsure:

I'll ask the guys who made GodMode9 what's up here and then get back to you...

Verify fails here as well.

While we're at it, I attached the cmd. First is at the start of the process, and second image is at the end.

O sistema não pode encontrar o arquivo especificado
means
The system wasn't able to find the specified archive
and
'3dstool' não é reconhecido como um comando interno ou externo, um programa operável ou um arquivo em lotes
means
'3dstool' isn't recognized as an internal or external command, an operable program or a batch archive (i'm guessing partitions archive should work here as well)

I deleted the cia once again from the SD card and I'm creating it once again though GodMode9. I'll try to make a video around the time where it ends.

Attachments

• 2.png
    2.png
    16.7 KB · Views: 225
  • 1.png
    1.png
    13.8 KB · Views: 184
  • 2.png
    2.png
    16.7 KB · Views: 168

Uwabami

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Verify fails here as well.

While we're at it, I attached the cmd. First is at the start of the process, and second image is at the end.

O sistema não pode encontrar o arquivo especificado
means
The system wasn't able to find the specified archive
and
'3dstool' não é reconhecido como um comando interno ou externo, um programa operável ou um arquivo em lotes
means
'3dstool' isn't recognized as an internal or external command, an operable program or a batch archive (i'm guessing partitions archive should work here as well)

I deleted the cia once again from the SD card and I'm creating it once again though GodMode9. I'll try to make a video around the time where it ends.
Wait, that's a crucial detail! It doesn't find 3dstool.exe? Is that not in the same folder? You need it, that would explain why it fails to extract the ncchheader...

Gvitor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Wait, that's a crucial detail! It doesn't find 3dstool.exe? Is that not in the same folder? You need it, that would explain why it fails to extract the ncchheader...

The 3dstool.exe is on the zip you guys provided. I extracted it on a folder on my desktop along with everything else on the zip, added the cia, the renamed font archive, and ran the patch. THEN it displays those messages on the cmd images I uplodaded. Before I said that after I close the cmd, the contents of the folder revert back to what they were before I ran the patch, but actually, 3dstool.exe disappears. It is there at the beginning, though.

As for the cia progress bar stopping at 67%, it actually ends at 64%. I filmed it with my phone, I'm trying to upload it.

Uwabami

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The 3dstool.exe is on the zip you guys provided. I extracted it on a folder on my desktop along with everything else on the zip, added the cia, the renamed font archive, and ran the patch. THEN it displays those messages on the cmd images I uplodaded. Before I said that after I close the cmd, the contents of the folder revert back to what they were before I ran the patch, but actually, 3dstool.exe disappears. It is there at the beginning, though.

As for the cia progress bar stopping at 67%, it actually ends at 64%. I filmed it with my phone, I'm trying to upload it.
I think the CIA is fine, that 3dstool thing seems to be the real issue. I don't understand what you mean it disappears...

Gvitor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I think the CIA is fine, that 3dstool thing seems to be the real issue. I don't understand what you mean it disappears...
3dstool.exe vanishes from the folder after I run the patch and close the cmd.

I attached images during the process. 1 is before I run the patch, 2 is during the patching process, 3 is after. 3dstool.exe is no longer there.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    14.5 KB · Views: 196
  • 2.png
    2.png
    35.1 KB · Views: 163
  • 3.png
    3.png
    15.6 KB · Views: 197

Uwabami

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
3dstool.exe vanishes from the folder after I run the patch and close the cmd.

I attached images during the process. 1 is before I run the patch, 2 is during the patching process, 3 is after. 3dstool.exe is no longer there.
WTF :blink:

Are you using some weird anti-virus app or something? can you run 3dstool manually in the console?

Uwabami

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
No anti-virus message popped-up, I don't think my av is up to something.

How do I run 3dstool through the console?

Also, here's the video from the cia dumping: https://imgur.com/KcmhMtB
Click the Start button, type
Code:
cmd
which should bring up the console. Start it. type
Code:
cd "[folder]"
to change the directory to the folder you have the 3dstool.exe file in (ex.
Code:
cd "C:\Users\user\Desktop\tmp"
). then type
Code:
3dstool
to run it.

Gvitor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Click the Start button, type
Code:
cmd
which should bring up the console. Start it. type
Code:
cd "[folder]"
to change the directory to the folder you have the 3dstool.exe file in (ex.
Code:
cd "C:\Users\user\Desktop\tmp"
). then type
Code:
3dstool
to run it.

This shows up in the cmd

C:\Users\Gustavo>cd "C:\Usuários\Gustavo\Área de Trabalho\DGSextract"
O sistema não pode encontrar o caminho especificado.

which means "the system couldn't find the specified way"

I tried double clicking the 3dstool.exe, but it just makes a beep and then disappears.

EDIT: nevermind, I entered the wrong address. Now it worked, but when I type the 3dstool command, it says it can't execute the specified program.

C:\Users\Gustavo\Desktop>cd C:\Users\Gustavo\Desktop\DGSextract
C:\Users\Gustavo\Desktop\DGSextract>3dstool
O sistema não pode executar o programa especificado.
C:\Users\Gustavo\Desktop\DGSextract>

Last edited by Gvitor,

Uwabami

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
This shows up in the cmd

C:\Users\Gustavo>cd "C:\Usuários\Gustavo\Área de Trabalho\DGSextract"
O sistema não pode encontrar o caminho especificado.

which means "the system couldn't find the specified way"

I tried double clicking the 3dstool.exe, but it just makes a beep and then disappears.
replace "Usuários" with "Users", since that folder doesn't exist, Explorer only shows it that way.

Wait, it beeps? That really sounds like an anti-virus interfering... It's normal for it to disappear right away, though...

Gvitor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
replace "Usuários" with "Users", since that folder doesn't exist, Explorer only shows it that way.

Wait, it beeps? That really sounds like an anti-virus interfering... It's normal for it to disappear right away, though...

Yeah, it's looking like to be the anti-virus doing. I found a bunch of 3dstool.exe on the quarantine area. I'm trying to find a way to deactivate it temporarily.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Holy shit, it worked. I can't believe it was something this basic, hahaha, I feel like an idiot.

I only noticed the beeping when I manually tried the 3dstool.exe icon, since by following the instructions I would only click on the patcher, and it doesn't beep during it. Temporarily deactivating my anti-spyware and running it again worked, and I'm already with a patched game working on my 3DS.

Sorry for taking too much of your time, Uwabami, and thanks a lot. Can't wait to finally play this, you guys are doing a fantastic service to the AA community.

Uwabami

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yeah, it's looking like to be the anti-virus doing. I found a bunch of 3dstool.exe on the quarantine area. I'm trying to find a way to deactivate it temporarily.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Holy shit, it worked. I can't believe it was something this basic, hahaha, I feel like an idiot.

I only noticed the beeping when I manually tried the 3dstool.exe icon, since by following the instructions I would only click on the patcher, and it doesn't beep during it. Temporarily deactivating my anti-spyware and running it again worked, and I'm already with a patched game working on my 3DS.

Sorry for taking too much of your time, Uwabami, and thanks a lot. Can't wait to finally play this, you guys are doing a fantastic service to the AA community.
You're welcome, glad it finally worked :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They should've just made it a movie at 50 minutes
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    No from Paramount Plus or whatever it is
    +1
    Psi now has access to every streaming and cable channel out
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Eh I'd rather just download and delete is it already up on paramount?
    Yeah it's on now
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, why are most new south park episodes half hour specials?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Psionic Roshambo, let me get a Netflix account I've always been nice to you
    +1
    I made a honey pepper glazed turkey breast for dinner turned out pretty bomb
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We can Netflix and chill
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Nvm not half hour, but hour long
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Normal south park episodes are already half hour
    Got 2 free Xumo boxes they work pretty good
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm happy to get anything most series don't make it pass 6 seasons
    Except Stars and Encore those are being a bitch lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I may consider that onn pro box finally a media box with type A ;O
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, cuz the companies don't want em to
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No it's revenue and demand south park could argue has a bigger audience than family guy about the same
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Family guy is worth 300mill south parks worth 1Bill according to the interwebs
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, probably cuz family guy is more disliked compared to south park
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It just does the same formula south park can press buttons without going overboard
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    And bc most of the family guy budget is spent on the voice actors rather than on the animation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Southpark could spend 30k on a animated dick and people would laugh at it
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    lol one prescription to Lizzo
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    who is lizzo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn