ROM Hack RELEASE [Release/Tutorial] Switch theme injector : Easily make custom themes

lapras2494

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I actually happen to use that specific layout for all of my themes and have never encountered that issue, though I can clearly see that the allapps button is not there.

This is probably irrelevant, but how many titles do you have installed? I know that the button only appears if you have more than x amount of titles installed on the switch. I think it's 8 titles but I'm not sure.

Otherwise, what Firmware and which version of Atmosphere are you running?

actually, i have 9 titles there :), and yes, the allapp button didn't show up
i'm on 10.1.0 Fw with SXOS 3.0.4

XaneTenshi

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
actually, i have 9 titles there :), and yes, the allapp button didn't show up
i'm on 10.1.0 Fw with SXOS 3.0.4
I just did a quick google search to double-check and it turns out that it's actually atleast 13 installed titles.

So If you only have 9 titles, that's why the button won't show, it's not an issue with the theme.

Kanakops

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Hi, is there a way to preview the theme with the image I have choose ? Because it don't show me what i'm supposed to see and I don't have an hacked switch yet so I would be happy if there is a way to check the complete preview
upload_2020-10-15_21-36-3.png

Reactions: mikifantastik98

mikifantastik98

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi, is there a way to preview the theme with the image I have choose ? Because it don't show me what i'm supposed to see and I don't have an hacked switch yet so I would be happy if there is a way to check the complete previewView attachment 229401
the preview is only to see the layout you have chosen to build the theme

Reactions: Kanakops

VioletVGVilla

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I love how all the groundwork for new themes is there on vanilla switch with the themes menu as if Nintendo was either planning on giving more or just throwing a bone to modders who want to make themes.

XaneTenshi

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
Hey
So I have updated my switch to the latest, 14.1.1, and every time I try to launch NXThemes, I get told that it needs to extract a new copy of the home menu, as the firmware has changed, but when I try to do this, NXthemes just exits to the menu and next time I start the app, it still tells me that it needs to extract the menu, and the same thing happens...

I am using the latest version, 2.7, which should have support for 14.1.1. What's going on?

Darkspade

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a GUI you can use to customize Themes? like move Games and icons around without having to learn the coding of the Json?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Damn cleaned up 348GB's of crap I wasn't using with that lol
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    But can it completely remove RealPlayer? Lol jk
    +3
    I remember at one point it being pretty much labeled as malware lol
    I think my favorite one was that dancing purple gorilla... I uninstalled that thing from sooo many machine people would be like "Why is my computer so slow?" lol because this thing is using like 30% of your system resources.....
    +1
    This one lady... her son kept installing Kazaa... OK no problem the issue is he would download DBZ movies and they where amazing usually like 2-8KB in size lol can't remember how many times I had to format and reinstall windows over his stupidity. I even explained to him about file sizes multiple times...
    +1
    yeah Bonzi buddy was malware sort of... It was borderline lol
    At minimum it was nothing anyone should have ever installed lol
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, RealPlayer is spyware too.
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Psionic Roshambo, Yeah, BonziBuddy was both spyware and ad-ware. It collected children's personal information without consent as well as display fake Windows popups.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, atleast bonzi got discontinued
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, The people who created Bonzi now owns a company called 2KDirect; an advertising firm. https://www.ipromote.com/
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, atleast they get slightly cleaner money
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, hot take
    +2
    So Bonzi buddy was an evil version of Alexa lol
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    the legal drinking age here in the US is 21, as some of you may know, but i think either it should be 18 or the age you're an adult should be 21.
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    and i know what you may be thinking, "why become an adult at 21? doesn't that mean that banging an 18 year old would be illegal?"
    first of all, being in a relationship with someone who's 18 is technically ok, as long as it started when they were 18, but the age gap is still weird depending on how old you are. besides, the age of consent differs between different states
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    also my reasoning for adult age being 21 is because the reason that's the drinking (and now smoking) age is because it "gives them more time to think rationally and not drive drunk"
    so you should have that extra time to mature and think rationally before going to serve in the military or vote
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    tl;dr the "adult" age and the legal drinking age (and voting age) here in the US should be the same
    +2
    It's all good no one pays attention to the law anyway lol
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: It's all good no one pays attention to the law anyway lol