ROM Hack [Release] Ultimate GBA VC Injector for 3DS

Add the feature to patch already existing GBA CIAs to modify ghosting and color options?

• Yes

Votes: 73 82.0%
  • No

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • I don't care!

Votes: 14 15.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
D

Deleted User

So can you trim the GBA ROM before CIA generation?
Currently, you have to use the full ROM dump otherwise you cannot fetch the ROM info.

LoganK93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not. I'm working on it almost every day.
That's actually great to hear! I remember liking it, but a lot of features I wanted to use were either not there or broken in the beta, and I hadn't seen any discussion about it since a reddit post. Sorry to take you off topic!

Cralex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So can you trim the GBA ROM before CIA generation?
Currently, you have to use the full ROM dump otherwise you cannot fetch the ROM info.

If a trimmed ROM will run on a flashcart or emulator, it should be possible to inject it, too. You’d probably want to load the original ROM first and write down what save game settings are used.

D

Deleted User

If a trimmed ROM will run on a flashcart or emulator, it should be possible to inject it, too. You’d probably want to load the original ROM first and write down what save game settings are used.
I mean, I want the program to automatically trim the ROM before after determining info and before CIA generation.

D

Deleted User

The IPS patching does not work: I tried to use the IPS translation patch of FE6 but when I launch it in the 3DS it shows a white screen.
However, if I convert an already patched ROM, it works.
Also maybe you should consider more patching formats.

Last edited by ,

Asdolo

the Hedgehog
OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Argentina
D

Deleted User

Suggestions:
1. When generating the CIA file, trim the ROM file first. Unlike NDS, GBA trimming is totally safe.
2. You should get the info from the ROM file's headers. Currently, if you try a patched or trimmed ROM file, it cannot fetch info. Patching or trimming may change some values in the header, but they should be still valid and they do not change the ROM's product code (which is to determine the icons, 3D banners and such).
3. Defaulting the 4-digit product code to the one of the GBA ROM's in step 4.
4. Do not restrict the font selection to TrueType fonts in the 3D banner.

Last edited by ,
Reactions: E1ite007 and Asdolo

sanitycindy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
hey, this is all so great! but for some games, this graphic problem happens ;_;
The lower part of the screen goes weird, and the upper part is cut off a bit.
IMG_20180728_212626.jpg

IMG_20180728_212710.jpg
Do any of you know why this happens? I would be very happy if I knew how to fix this problem.

Wacko22

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey, this is all so great! but for some games, this graphic problem happens ;_;
The lower part of the screen goes weird, and the upper part is cut off a bit.
Do any of you know why this happens? I would be very happy if I knew how to fix this problem.
Here is a thread of people having this issue: https://gbatemp.net/threads/q-gba-cia-on-emunand-not-rendering-screen-correctly.397084/

It hasn't been figured out 100%, but it maybe seems to happen more often on SD cards that are 128 GB+. And cluster size is possibly a factor, formatting the SD using 64kb clusters solved it for some.

A more temporary solution is to repeatedly press the Home button, this can cycle the screen one line at a time or so until the issue is fixed for that session.

sanitycindy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
A more temporary solution is to repeatedly press the Home button, this can cycle the screen one line at a time or so until the issue is fixed for that session.

Thank you! I am kinda relived to know that it is not my own problem. Mashing home button didn't help me but when I turn off the game and then immediately turn on the game again, sometimes they work fine. I think this is the best temporary solution I can use right now...

MegaGenesis

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Amazing tool, thanks! I actually have a NDS Lite, and was looking for a GBA Flashcard and recently tried the GBA VC from the 3DS. But i'm having some problems with three ROMs: Pokémon Emerald (U), Pokémon LeafGreen (U), and Klonoa Empire of Dreams (U)(Mode7). The program cant't find any data on the database for these ROMs. Its not like don't work, i use them on my smarphones and PC (Retroarch) Funny, Retroarch don't display any information about these ROMs. Should i try another ROM?

Also, Pokémon R/S/E had a RTC on original cartridges, do i have to check the RTC box on the program?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://overclock3d.net/news/cases_cooling/cooler-master-had-multi-coloured-ai-cryofuze-5-thermal... +1