ROM Hack [Release] Ultimate GBA VC Injector for 3DS

Add the feature to patch already existing GBA CIAs to modify ghosting and color options?

• Yes

Votes: 73 82.0%
  • No

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • I don't care!

Votes: 14 15.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Oak

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
would it be possible to work with the ds forwarder software to make the poke pal park usable on 3ds?

tidusleon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sure it's been asked before, but will it be possible to trade pokemon with the GBA VC? or play kirby and the magic mirror with four people?

Cralex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, AGB_FIRM doesn’t have any sort of link cable support. The 3DS doesn’t have a link cable port, and its wireless functions are turned off whenever a GBA game is launched, and it wouldn’t know how to link wirelessly even if it could. Sadly, GBA on 3DS will always be a single-player experience.

XularusXIII

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible to remap buttons when using this to make .cia files? For instance, I want B to be A and Y to be B in Metroid/Castlevania games, and I want X to be Start and Y to be Select in Pokémon. If this isn't possible, could you please explain why?

Last edited by XularusXIII,

FateForWindows

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Excuse my ignorance but, is the ghosting option meant to allow the games to be seen in 3D?
Can that be applied to any injected GBA game with good results?
No, think of it as a sort of "motion blur" effect to simulate their older handheld's ghosting screens, a filter Nintendo doesn't allow you to turn off normally. It's best to keep it off unless you really want that "authentic" GBA VC experience since ghosting wasn't a major issue with later GBAs.

Last edited by FateForWindows,
Reactions: themanuel

themanuel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, think of it as a sort of "motion blur" effect to simulate their older handheld's ghosting screens, a filter Nintendo doesn't allow you to turn off normally. It's best to keep it off unless you really want that "authentic" GBA VC experience since ghosting wasn't a major issue with later GBAs.

I see. Thanks for the explanation.

Max8987

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Asdolo

Thank you for the tool! I am tying to convert 3200 files, with default box art/filenames/settings. Your app seemed to convert 1 file with the default settings just fine. So my question is... how hard would it be to automate the process? You select 3200 files, and it goes through, picking each file, downloading game info, downloading box art, and moving on to the next one?

It seems to me I can even automate it using macro software...

If possible, could you please implement a "dumb" bulk option that does only what I said above? If not, could you possibly open the source code on this app so I may be able to write in my own loop?

THANKS!

Asdolo

the Hedgehog
OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Argentina
@Asdolo

Thank you for the tool! I am tying to convert 3200 files, with default box art/filenames/settings. Your app seemed to convert 1 file with the default settings just fine. So my question is... how hard would it be to automate the process? You select 3200 files, and it goes through, picking each file, downloading game info, downloading box art, and moving on to the next one?

It seems to me I can even automate it using macro software...

If possible, could you please implement a "dumb" bulk option that does only what I said above? If not, could you possibly open the source code on this app so I may be able to write in my own loop?

THANKS!

That's a feature I will add to NSUI

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: leo @'d me in a thread about his last dream, stating he was passionately making out with a guy...