ROM Hack [Release] Ultimate NES VC Injector for 3DS

cyberdreamz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm looking for testers for Custom Download Play feature.
Whoever is interested, please send me a PM.
You need two 3ds (any model/variant) with updated Luma.

I have an O2DS and N3DSXL and would love to help test your new injector. I'm new to GBATemp but have been following the 3DS hacking scene for a while now. Both 3DS have LumaCFW

Reactions: Asdolo

NicKFree

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
I'm looking for testers for Custom Download Play feature.
Whoever is interested, please send me a PM.
You need two 3ds (any model/variant) with updated Luma.

I have a New 3ds XL, a New 3ds and 2DS. If you still need some tester I could help.

Reactions: CatmanFan

Damin72

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
I hope Asdolo won't mind if i show one screen for working Custom DP. =) I really enjoy Chip and Dale with my freind.
kUbKRPzBnlw.jpg

M.Prower

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would it be possible to take a look into getting support for Startropics? This is pretty much the only NES game I want to be able to play on my N3DS and the tool says it's not supported. I'm think that it uses MMC3 for the mapper, but it may also be MMC6. Having this game playable would make my day. Thanks.

Asdolo

the Hedgehog
OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Argentina
Would it be possible to take a look into getting support for Startropics? This is pretty much the only NES game I want to be able to play on my N3DS and the tool says it's not supported. I'm think that it uses MMC3 for the mapper, but it may also be MMC6. Having this game playable would make my day. Thanks.
You could through a forwarder maybe.

Enviado desde mi XT1635-02 mediante Tapatalk

M.Prower

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How did you get it to work exactly? The tool doesn't even let me use the rom, just errors and says that it isn't supported. I would love to know exactly what you did to get it to work because I've been trying on my end and can't get it to do anything.

M.Prower

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is the rom a good dump?
As far as I am aware it is. I've tried many different dumps at this point, including ones labeled as bad dumps but no success. I'm using version 1.2 of the injector linked in the first post.

Open the injector, click the button to choose the rom. Pick Startropics.nes and press open. Then I get the error that the rom is not supported. Other roms don't seem to throw up the error message. Startropics 2 doesn't throw an error message, only the first one.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As far as I am aware it is. I've tried many different dumps at this point, including ones labeled as bad dumps but no success. I'm using version 1.2 of the injector linked in the first post.

Open the injector, click the button to choose the rom. Pick Startropics.nes and press open. Then I get the error that the rom is not supported. Other roms don't seem to throw up the error message. Startropics 2 doesn't throw an error message, only the first one.
Did you try the Europe PAL region rom? That one works with the injector I have, but the USA one doesn't.

Reactions: M.Prower

M.Prower

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you try the Europe PAL region rom? That one works with the injector I have, but the USA one doesn't.
No... No I didn't. I just tried the E rom and it loaded... That is strange why the U version doesn't work. I'll go through the steps and finish it and test it now. I'll edit my post if it works. Thank you for pointing that out!

EDIT: It does indeed work with the E rom, however there is an issue. While the game looks fine visually other than a few tiny bits of garbled visuals above the UI. The game speed is WAY too fast. I have a feeling its something to do with a 50hz rom running at 60hz, or at least that's what it feels like. As a avid speedrunner of this game, this is totally off in terms of speed. The music is a dead giveaway because its way higher pitched and faster.

Last edited by M.Prower,

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No... No I didn't. I just tried the E rom and it loaded... That is strange why the U version doesn't work. I'll go through the steps and finish it and test it now. I'll edit my post if it works. Thank you for pointing that out!
Virtual console is just designed weird. It wasn't supported for all games, and I guess the games it does support is either region dependant, and other special chip enhancements as well as file size. Remember is not meant to play every single game. Is made by NINTENDO :P

CatmanFan

Anxious and regretful
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Morocco

cyberdreamz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is pretty off-topic, but I wish I had a transparent protector for my New 3DS XL like the one in the photos.

Please do yourself a favor and get a cover protector for your N3DS, it's nice rubbery plastic is easy on the hands and adds a bit more protection if it takes a dive. I treat it like a console and don't even take it out of my home. My 2DS on the other hand is something I bring to work, on trips, and to social events. I haven't had a cover on that thing ever. Nintendo designed it for little children so I'm sure it take a beating.

CatmanFan

Anxious and regretful
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Morocco
Please do yourself a favor and get a cover protector for your N3DS, it's nice rubbery plastic is easy on the hands and adds a bit more protection if it takes a dive. I treat it like a console and don't even take it out of my home. My 2DS on the other hand is something I bring to work, on trips, and to social events. I haven't had a cover on that thing ever. Nintendo designed it for little children so I'm sure it take a beating.
Especially because the 2DS screens are directly exposed, while the 3DS's screens are protected by its clamshell design.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: