ROM Hack [Release] Villain3ds - Basically freeShop but runs on your PC

tranxuanthang

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I just tried to use this today for the first time and I'm getting the error too. I tried using the default base dir, changing the dir to where I'm running Villain3DS from, but nothing works.

It downloads the encTitleKeys.bin, then I click download and it says it can't find the titlekey and deletes the encTitleKeys.bin.

I also tried manually copying it there, but it still doesn't work. Any clues?
Can someone please help me with this error " Could not find the titlekey for the title you're trying to download. Please try deleting enctitlekeys.bin file in your base directory, or go to About, then Troubleshooting, and click Delete encTitleKeys.bin file, and try downloading again".
Thanks
You need to make sure you had a right URL in setting.
And...
I told that v0.2.1, Villain3ds will automatically delete the enctitlekeys.bin file when there is error: "Could not find the title key for the title you're trying to download" but actually there was a bug that made it didn't work (a tiny ! character is the reason). It got fixed in my quick release v0.2.2-1.

Last edited by tranxuanthang,

Edgarska

Conjurer of cheap tricks
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You need to make sure you had a right URL in setting.
And...
I told that v0.2.1, Villain3ds will automatically delete the enctitlekeys.bin file when there is error: "Could not find the title key for the title you're trying to download" but actually there was a bug that made it didn't work (a tiny ! character is the reason). It got fixed in my quick release v0.2.2-1.
Just to make sure, if I'm still using the previous version and it works well, the only thing I'm missing from the new one is the queue, so I might as well just keep using the old one right?
Edit: By old I mean 0.2.0

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The problem with MH Stories DLC is not to exclusive to Villain.

When i use Freeshop it fails at the end as well. Wii U USB Helper keeps failing at "downloading content 10 of 15".

I believe all the DLC for this game is free, try downloading from the main menu inside the game instead.

That's because the DLC for Monster Hunter Stories isn't a completed one.

See post #1205 and below from the freeShop thread.

Reactions: tranxuanthang

tranxuanthang

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Just to make sure, if I'm still using the previous version and it works well, the only thing I'm missing from the new one is the queue, so I might as well just keep using the old one right?
Edit: By old I mean 0.2.0
Yeah you can keep using an old version for as long as you like if it works for you, unless there is a breaking change.

tranxuanthang

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
is it safe to install a CIA from a QR code on 11.8 or should I just download to PC and transfer?
Yes it's safe. FBI and freeShop both don't send your console-specific information when downloading from CDN. But do not use freeShop's sleep mode to download.

Mysuke

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Could you give me name of those games, or any other information so I can reproduce the bug?

I'm having the same issue as well. Particularly with Mario Land, Maker and New Mario.

Not sure if the problem is exclusive to Villain3DS because when i try these 3 games on USB Helper i get a "403 Forbidden" error. Other games are downloading just fine for now.

GaryOderNichts

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Could you give me name of those games, or any other information so I can reproduce the bug?
Games that work:
pokemon ultra sun/moon
pokemon x/y
Harvest moon
minecraft
xenoblade chronicles
Games that dont work:
Donkey kong country 3d
Mario 3d land
smash bros
mario party the top 100

It only stays on that screen:
upload_2018-8-9_16-44-26.png

Attachments

• upload_2018-8-9_16-40-4.png
    upload_2018-8-9_16-40-4.png
    13.2 KB · Views: 206

tranxuanthang

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I think that title key site is down again, or it looks more like its domain is expired. I can't check it now. Also mario 3d has 45233 contents which is very weird.

GaryOderNichts

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I think that title key site is down again, or it looks more like its domain is expired. I can't check it now. Also mario 3d has 45233 contents which is very weird.
I am using a local backup of the titlekeys.bin. And it is showing the title key at the download screen. Is there maybe a logfile or debug console?

tranxuanthang

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I am using a local backup of the titlekeys.bin. And it is showing the title key at the download screen. Is there maybe a logfile or debug console?
There is a debug console in "view" dropdown on menubar. But I can guess something big is changing in nintendo server, not Villain3ds's fault.

Mysuke

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

I'm not sure if it's just that. I'm using a workaround i found on reddit to access the titlekey sites and i can download other games just fine. It's just a very specific list of games that don't work, mostly first party ones from Nintendo.

If i try something like Asdivine Cross or Harvest Moon it downloads just fine. Not sure if helps but this is what i get from USB Helper:

usbhelper.jpg

That's just an assumption but could be Nintendo adding the anti-piracy check per game?

tranxuanthang

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
It is already happening. Embrace, guys.
ESZfDYV.png
I'm not sure if it's just that. I'm using a workaround i found on reddit to access the titlekey sites and i can download other games just fine. It's just a very specific list of games that don't work, mostly first party ones from Nintendo.

If i try something like Asdivine Cross or Harvest Moon it downloads just fine. Not sure if helps but this is what i get from USB Helper:

--pic--

That's just an assumption but could be Nintendo adding the anti-piracy check per game?
I feel bad for not handling all the exception like usb helper, so villain3ds leads to some weird behavior. Yes some tmd files is returning 403 forbidden right now, and maybe all of them will be blocked tomorrow, who knows.

Last edited by tranxuanthang,

tranxuanthang

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Reactions: juniorcba

Khim09

Trophies
XP
Country
Yes it's safe. FBI and freeShop both don't send your console-specific information when downloading from CDN. But do not use freeShop's sleep mode to download.

Oh, so it is safe to use freeshop, good news for me then. But I haven't tried this sleep download yet, so how to sleep download? So I can prevent from doing it. Thank you.

Last edited by Khim09,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Now go take a shower @BakerMan . Phew