Hacking [RELEASE] Wii U USB Helper, a small eShop for Windows !

Which theme do you prefer?

• The dark theme

Votes: 225 84.3%
  • The light theme

Votes: 42 15.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kladde

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I want to "copy to sd" but software tells me that it's locked. But the sd is not locked. What should I do.

I also want to donate but the link in software doesn't work.

Hikari06

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
Could anyone point me in the direction of an explanation, or briefly explain what the Prepare Emulation option does? The option i am referring to is found in the Download Manger section of the Wii U USB Helper as one of the checkboxes under Action to perform once downloading is over. I tried searching this thread but was unable to come up with any results. I understand what emulators are, but I am just curious what it is the the Wii U USB Helper does when this option is selected.
Of course I also want to add my thanks for making this tool.:)
The prepare for emulation, as it states, prepares the games for emulation.
What that means depends on the platform.
For Wii U games, it unpacks the game, update and dlc, and will place them in the proper locations for them to be used with the built-in cemu.
(For some VC titles, notably n64, the process extracts the rom and then uses an emulator to have better speeds than with cemu).
For 3ds games, it will convert the cia to cxi in order for it to be playable with the built-in citra.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I want to "copy to sd" but software tells me that it's locked. But the sd is not locked. What should I do.

I also want to donate but the link in software doesn't work.
This can happen with a faulty sd card reader. Please try with another one if possible.

Reactions: cactice

TobiasAmaranth

Trophies
Website
werewolfdarkarts.com
XP
Country
United States
Hi again. I'm running into issues with the 3DS side of things, in that the files obtained lack an injected seed..? So I've got several games I simply cannot play with my setup: GW 11.1.0-34U for CFW.

I recognize that Gateway isn't ideal, but I was also told to try FBI as a way to fix things. That option resulted in a software application that consistently locks up before I can utilize it. :/ So now I'm not sure what my next simplest option is. Since I got my files via this application, I was hoping you could advise...

Hikari06

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
Hi again. I'm running into issues with the 3DS side of things, in that the files obtained lack an injected seed..? So I've got several games I simply cannot play with my setup: GW 11.1.0-34U for CFW.

I recognize that Gateway isn't ideal, but I was also told to try FBI as a way to fix things. That option resulted in a software application that consistently locks up before I can utilize it. :/ So now I'm not sure what my next simplest option is. Since I got my files via this application, I was hoping you could advise...
Yeah unfortunately for the moment the created cias lack the seed as I'm honestly not very familiar witht the 3ds scene and I'm not really sure how one would inject them into the cia.
If someone happens to know to do it just tell me and I'll be glad to add this to the app ;)

TobiasAmaranth

Trophies
Website
werewolfdarkarts.com
XP
Country
United States
Oh. I see. I'm not very familiar with it at all, either... Hmm. Looking around, people are saying it's not possible with PC only atm. Though that site at least has this seeddb.bin I'm trying to figure out how to utilize. :/ For now, however, you should see about setting a detection of the flag for decrypted versus encrypted. (This would also help me in trying to repair my current downloads without having to launch each one of them individually)

Edit: Yeah, definitely the best thing for me and maybe others is to know which titles in the database utilize the 9.6+ encryption and which do not. By knowing that, we know if we need to use some external stuff to make it work. Or something. :)

Last edited by TobiasAmaranth,

Hikari06

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
Oh. I see. I'm not very familiar with it at all, either... Hmm. Looking around, people are saying it's not possible with PC only atm. Though that site at least has this seeddb.bin I'm trying to figure out how to utilize. :/ For now, however, you should see about setting a detection of the flag for decrypted versus encrypted. (This would also help me in trying to repair my current downloads without having to launch each one of them individually)

Edit: Yeah, definitely the best thing for me and maybe others is to know which titles in the database utilize the 9.6+ encryption and which do not. By knowing that, we know if we need to use some external stuff to make it work. Or something. :)
Well I do know it's possible now to decrypt 3ds titles on a pc thanks to 3dstool since that's exactly what the app does when preparing games for citra.
So, if there's no way to 'inject' a seed into a cia what I could do is decrypt the content and rebuild a decrypted cia, it might just work.
I'll see what I can do.

Last edited by Hikari06,
Reactions: vickdu31

TobiasAmaranth

Trophies
Website
werewolfdarkarts.com
XP
Country
United States
In the mean time, CIAngel is working well enough to patch a few I'm wanting to play short term. But yeah, currently the 9.6 encrypted 3DS downloads don't actually run with a simple plug and play setup like the WiiU content does. Thanks for looking into it.

Hikari06

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
In the mean time, CIAngel is working well enough to patch a few I'm wanting to play short term. But yeah, currently the 9.6 encrypted 3DS downloads don't actually run with a simple plug and play setup like the WiiU content does. Thanks for looking into it.
No problem ;)

vickdu31

Trophies
XP
Country
Well I do know it's possible now to decrypt 3ds titles on a pc thanks to 3dstool since that's exactly what the app does when preparing games for citra.
So, if there's no way to 'inject' a seed into a cia what I could do is decrypt the content and rebuild a decrypted cia, it might just work.
I'll see what I can do.
Thanks, I just came here to ask about this. What about FreeShop, does it pack the content into a .cia file and then install it ? Would it be possible to generate a .cia file on PC ?

Edit : My bad... I havent open the app recently.. Good work !
Edit 2, how can you install these file format into a 3ds ?
Edit 3 : Sorry, I just found the option... Perfect program ! Would be cool to add a setting to pack to .cia all 3ds downloads.
Edit 4 : Ok its there already...

Last edited by vickdu31,

HyoImowano

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to get this running on Linux, but the guide isn't working for me. PoL just gives errors when trying to install dotnet45 and msxml3. Is anyone else having this issue or have a solution?

Hikari06

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
I'm trying to get this running on Linux, but the guide isn't working for me. PoL just gives errors when trying to install dotnet45 and msxml3. Is anyone else having this issue or have a solution?
Hmm, well unfortunately that's the problem with Linux and .net apps. The small ones usually works with mono out of the box but more complex ones like Wii U USB Helper may be quite tricky to get running.
I'm not sure I can help you there but what errors are you getting when installing .net?

Gilligan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
@Hikari06
I noticed that the play icon has disappeared from the main screen below the game image.

I found it at the contextual menu over the game but I (and the other users of the same notebook) miss the old one.

Is it possible to add it back, please?

Thanks

Enviado desde mi SM-G930F mediante Tapatalk

Hikari06

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
@Hikari06
I noticed that the play icon has disappeared from the main screen below the game image.

I found it at the contextual menu over the game but I (and the other users of the same notebook) miss the old one.

Is it possible to add it back, please?

Thanks

Are you using DPI scaling?

That's not true. The sd card works greatvwith the computer. It's until I use it with downloader that it says it's locked.
Well I've just said it could be a possibility. What's more the app uses the same API to transfer the files as explorer. In any case, please provide me with a screenshot of the error message.

thekarter104

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, so I wish to download the Zelda DLC only, but it gives me the game and the update aswell, which I already have. How to only download the DLC?
Thanks.

P.S. Haven't used the program in forever.

EDIT: Nvm. The button 'Get it!' and 'Download games!' confuses me a lot...
I think I have it now. It doesn't force me to download the game this time.

Last edited by thekarter104,

Gilligan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

Nop, at least not intentionaly. I can check it later.

For sure I have not changed anything since the last time I was able to see the icon.

All I did was tried to use the new launcher and after that, I was not able to see the icon anymore. But, I did not checked if that had been no longer in the screen before testing the new launcher.

Btw, I was not able to use the new launcher but I tested it too quick, so I should deserve more time to it in order to post you my experience.

guyluke

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hey guys, :)
How do I play the Original Wii games?
I'm currently using HaxChi and IOSUHax to play the WiiU Games, but I'm not sure how to play the Wii ones.

Is the process of installing and playing the games the same?
Because if I'm not wrong when entering the vWii the Console will reboot which would deactivate my CFW

Sorry if it's a noob question, I don't seem to find this anywhere :unsure:
Anyway Thanks!

==========================================

EDIT: I found out I should just install it like any normal game, I was scared of trying it. Sorry for the stupid :lol:

Last edited by guyluke,

HyoImowano

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hmm, well unfortunately that's the problem with Linux and .net apps. The small ones usually works with mono out of the box but more complex ones like Wii U USB Helper may be quite tricky to get running.
I'm not sure I can help you there but what errors are you getting when installing .net?
Play on Linux just fails to download and install it. I was able to install it (and msxml3) via winetricks, but then when I try to run Updater.exe to install the program, it just hangs at 0%. I ended up just dusting off my Windows 10 VM, which is way slower, but it works!

Kladde

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

Well I've just said it could be a possibility. What's more the app uses the same API to transfer the files as explorer. In any case, please provide me with a screenshot of the error message.

I get this error. What I need to do is to copy games manually to sd. That works.

Code:
Undantagstext **************
System.IO.IOException: Mediet är skrivskyddat.

vid System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   vid System.IO.Directory.InternalCreateDirectory(String fullPath, String path, Object dirSecurityObj, Boolean checkHost)
   vid System.IO.Directory.InternalCreateDirectoryHelper(String path, Boolean checkHost)
   vid A.c6114b34ba4893a53ebb4b599e0e2e3fc.c8c3deb15f04d4b9ff701a9696f2e64fa(Boolean cbce25b445a5e71ee42efcf2afddd6998, DriveInfo cb33decdc9e5663a9827f5479abd1bd77)
   vid A.cb6cc9a5b122137bc5f2718f61ab49e59.c9d78729909faa38b314f6ed7efbe7249(List`1 c16546efd28d5dd2556d0339ea76d004e, DriveInfo c85fa46dee7ef9473f93c9fb47da11f4d, Boolean c772c2a45dacf5b536932a18299457e5a)
   vid A.cb6cc9a5b122137bc5f2718f61ab49e59.cf09ccc59960d259ede0f18187b1fdb6d(Object cd7b28952603b35a45c555982e677363a, EventArgs cdf15457ee4816989343b6e6e96dd4cfe)
   vid System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   vid Telerik.WinControls.UI.RadButtonBase.buttonElement_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   vid Telerik.WinControls.RadElement.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   vid Telerik.WinControls.UI.RadButtonElement.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   vid Telerik.WinControls.RadElement.DoClick(EventArgs e)
   vid Telerik.WinControls.RadElement.RaiseBubbleEvent(RadElement sender, RoutedEventArgs args)
   vid Telerik.WinControls.RadItem.RaiseBubbleEvent(RadElement sender, RoutedEventArgs args)
   vid Telerik.WinControls.RadElement.RaiseRoutedEvent(RadElement sender, RoutedEventArgs args)
   vid Telerik.WinControls.RadElement.RaiseBubbleEvent(RadElement sender, RoutedEventArgs args)
   vid Telerik.WinControls.RadItem.RaiseBubbleEvent(RadElement sender, RoutedEventArgs args)
   vid Telerik.WinControls.RadElement.RaiseRoutedEvent(RadElement sender, RoutedEventArgs args)
   vid Telerik.WinControls.ComponentInputBehavior.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
   vid Telerik.WinControls.RadControl.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
   vid System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   vid System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   vid Telerik.WinControls.RadControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   vid System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Inlästa sammansättningar **************
mscorlib
    Sammansättningsversion: 4.0.0.0
    Win32-version: 4.7.2053.0 built by: NET47REL1
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
WiiU_USB_Helper
    Sammansättningsversion: 1.0.0.0
    Win32-version: 1.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Klauzer/Downloads/WiiU/WiiU_USB_Helper.exe
NBug
    Sammansättningsversion: 1.2.0.0
    Win32-version: 1.2.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Klauzer/Downloads/WiiU/NBug.DLL
System.Deployment
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Deployment/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Deployment.dll
System.Core
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
Telerik.WinControls
    Sammansättningsversion: 2017.2.502.40
    Win32-version: 2017.2.502.40
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Klauzer/Downloads/WiiU/Telerik.WinControls.DLL
System.Windows.Forms
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
Telerik.WinControls.UI
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Klauzer/Downloads/WiiU/Telerik.WinControls.UI.DLL
System.Xml.Linq
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml.Linq/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.Linq.dll
System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.Configuration
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
MonoGame.Framework
    Sammansättningsversion: 3.6.0.1625
    Win32-version: 3.6.0.1625
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Klauzer/Downloads/WiiU/MonoGame.Framework.DLL
System.ServiceModel
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.ServiceModel/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.ServiceModel.dll
System.Security
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Security/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Security.dll
TelerikCommon
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Klauzer/Downloads/WiiU/TelerikCommon.DLL
Accessibility
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll
System.Data.SqlXml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Data.SqlXml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.SqlXml.dll
System.Deployment.resources
    Win32-version: 4.6.1586.0 built by: NETFXREL2
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Deployment.resources/v4.0_4.0.0.0_sv_b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Deployment.resources.dll
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
    Sammansättningsversion: 1.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
Telerik.WinControls.RadDock
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Klauzer/Downloads/WiiU/Telerik.WinControls.RadDock.DLL
mscorlib.resources
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/mscorlib.resources/v4.0_4.0.0.0_sv_b77a5c561934e089/mscorlib.resources.dll
System.Data
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_64/System.Data/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.dll
Microsoft.VisualBasic
    Sammansättningsversion: 10.0.0.0
    Win32-version: 14.7.2053.0 built by: NET47REL1
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/v4.0_10.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
System.Management
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Management/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Management.dll
System.Windows.Forms.resources
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms.resources/v4.0_4.0.0.0_sv_b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.resources.dll
System.IO.Compression
    Win32-version: 4.7.2053.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.IO.Compression/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.IO.Compression.dll
Newtonsoft.Json
    Sammansättningsversion: 10.0.0.0
    Win32-version: 10.0.2.20802
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Klauzer/Downloads/WiiU/Newtonsoft.Json.DLL
System.Numerics
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Numerics/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Numerics.dll
System.Runtime.Serialization
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Serialization/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Serialization.dll
System.Web
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_64/System.Web/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Web.dll
System.resources
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.resources/v4.0_4.0.0.0_sv_b77a5c561934e089/System.resources.dll
Microsoft.WindowsAPICodePack.Shell
    Sammansättningsversion: 1.1.0.0
    Win32-version: 1.1.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Klauzer/Downloads/WiiU/Microsoft.WindowsAPICodePack.Shell.DLL
Microsoft.WindowsAPICodePack
    Sammansättningsversion: 1.1.0.0
    Win32-version: 1.1.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Klauzer/Downloads/WiiU/Microsoft.WindowsAPICodePack.DLL

************** JIT-felsökning **************
För att aktivera JIT-felsökning (just-in-time ) måste .config-filen för det här
tillämpningsprogrammet eller datorn (machine.config) ha
jitDebugging-värdet angivet i avsnittet system.windows.forms.
Tillämpningsprogrammet måste också vara kompilerat med felsökning
aktiverat.

Till exempel:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

När JIT-felsökning är aktiverad kommer alla undantag som inte hanteras
att skickas till JIT-felsökaren som är registrerad på datorn
snarare än att hanteras av den här dialogrutan.

Gilligan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
@ Hikari06 You':e asked me Are you using DPI scaling?

My settings are 125% (recommended) and screen definiticion 1080 x 720 (recommended).
I've have not touched any of them. These are the default of my W10 Home.

And still I can't see the play icon that used to be below the game image.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Soi soi soi rofl rofl rofl