Remakes, Remakes, Ports and Remakes - Tempcast #80

tempcast-169-logo-png.297330
In this week's episode we discuss the recent announcements of brand new remakes, such as The Last of Us Part I, Lollipop Chainsaw, Tony Hawk Pro Skater 3 (lol no), XIII Remake: The Remake, and Sonic Origins. We also discuss the AM2R team coming back with a brand new title on kickstarter. That's pretty much it. I don't know what else to write in the description, it's a pretty boring episode.

Theme by VinsCool and AlanJohn​

Also available on:
:arrow: Spotify
:arrow: Apple Podcasts
:arrow: Google Podcasts
:arrow: Breaker
:arrow: RadioPublic
:arrow: PocketCasts
:arrow: Anchor.fm
:arrow: Overcast
:arrow: Direct MP3 Download

Slinger

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
One piece of news that might have been worth discussing is Ubisoft shutting down servers (and supposedly removing associated DLC). Just a suggestion, I found it noteworthy. Well, it's only been a week since the last episode, so maybe in the episode next week?

@AlanJohn mentioning both Samus Returns and AM2R. Have you tried the original Metroid II? If not, maybe you'd find it interesting to try it and compare? I can't say for certain you'll enjoy it, but IMO it's the best in the series: it's the closest to a zelda adventure, the kind where you feel the freedom to explore interesting environments and don't get killed by random wildlife. And not get killed repeatedly by bosses (and having to memorize their patterns just to beat them). Plus it has an amazing atmosphere, which is quite an achievement given the technical limitations (it's also noteworthy that the game is very zoomed-in, which I believe is an intentional design decision to get this atmosphere - and not a technical limitation like some people think).

Speaking of the "beam burst", I've come to regard it as a redeeming quality of Samus Returns: normally the game forces the player to use counters and repeatedly tapping to kill even the basic wildlife, and those annoying charge doors... in contrast, in the original you would kill most non-bosses with a single shot. No counters, no charge shots, no repeated tapping (except for bosses). Well, the beam burst solves that: keep it enabled all the time and you can casually kill most enemies and... it even opens the charge doors for you.

Oh and I think the final boss battle in Dread makes a reference to the beam burst, in quite the "machine gun" way...:D

Reactions: AlanJohn

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Freakin idiot