Remove homebrew/Restore Original Settings

JoeyBehan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Hi, I tried hacking the Wii U last year but failed at some point now I'm looking to restore it or at least get it back to a playable state. I don't really understand the process tbh. I reset the data in settings and now when the Wii U restarted I get as far as making a Mii. After that there's no option to register the Mii which I think is supposed to be next and when I press back homebrew launcher opens up and I don't actually understand any of its options. I don't want homebrew on it at all. Any help is appreciated thanks.

Attachments

• 20230828_191254.jpg
    20230828_191254.jpg
    420.7 KB · Views: 45
Trophies
XP
What would help is if you told us which exploit you used. Was it Tiramisu? Aroma? Or a legacy exploit?

From the Mii Maker booting into HBL I'd guess Tiramisu or Aroma. In that case, just remove your SD Card from the console and it won't affect anything leaving you with a stock Wii U.

You can also hold down + while it's booting and unhook it from the Health & Safety application. Then you can actually uninstall it.

a_username_that_isnt_cool

Well-Hated Member (Also)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What would help is if you told us which exploit you used. Was it Tiramisu? Aroma? Or a legacy exploit?

From the Mii Maker booting into HBL I'd guess Tiramisu or Aroma. In that case, just remove your SD Card from the console and it won't affect anything leaving you with a stock Wii U.

You can also hold down + while it's booting and unhook it from the Health & Safety application. Then you can actually uninstall it.
Aroma doesn't have HBL. I'd guess Tiramisu or a Legacy Exploit.

nothing-to-see-here

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't recall exactly, but it sounds like tiramisu is what you have considering hbl and mii maker/no bricking and whatnot. you can remove the sd card, but it will pop up a message about a file not being present iirc. I'm not well versed on uninstalling tiramisu unfortunately. you may be able to get rid of the health and safety app as it uses the failst exploit, I believe, so you'd have to reinstall the app afaik. you can't simply undo it.

Trophies
XP
you can't simply undo it.

There's an official uninstall method.

Undo Autobooting into PayloadLoader​

1. Boot the console while holding X on the Gamepad.
  2. Navigate to the installer environment and launch it by pressing A.
  3. Press A to select Check.
  4. Select Boot options.
  5. You will be asked if you want to switch the boot title. Press A to select Switch back to Wii U Menu.
  6. When the process finished, press A to shutdown the console.
  7. The console will now boot again into the Wii U Menu. The PayloadLoader can still be launched by launching the Health & Safety Application.

Uninstall PayloadLoader​

1. Launch the Health & Safety Application while holding X on the Gamepad
  2. Navigate to the installer environment and launch it by pressing A.
  3. Press A to select Check.
  4. Select Remove.
  5. You will be asked if you really want to remove the PayloadLoader. Select Remove again.
  6. When the process finished, press A to shutdown the console.

From the official guide

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: *burp*