rvtr

Nintendo DS hoarder
Trophies
Website
randommeaninglesscharacters.com
XP
Country
Canada
I've created the ultimate weapon. My copy of Pokémon diamond instantly powers off any DS console it's inserted into.

Turns out the chip I bought was a few mms taller than the original, so the cartridge casing doesn't slide in cleanly anymore, so the console short-circuits when trying to make a connection. Anyone know a good way to keep the board in place? I don't feel like waiting another month for a new chip.

EDIT: sources below.

https://www.ifixit.com/Answers/View/383098/3DS+Shuts+Down+Completely+when+Inserting+Game+Cartridge

Can you send a photo of how you placed the chip on the cartridge? I know that lots of funny things will happen if it has been placed backwards.

ghjfdtg

Trophies
XP
Country
Im gonna try it but I don’t think I will get the contact back
My answer was actually for @op but i applies for you too i guess. You need a dremel or similar with very fine, pointy tool. Grind down from the top where the pin used to be but only expose as much as needed or you risk breaking the bond wire.

Ralph367

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
Can you send a photo of how you placed the chip on the cartridge? I know that lots of funny things will happen if it has been placed backwards.
I've definitely got in on the right way
IMG_1278.png

Reactions: rvtr

Marax

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Okay i dont know what is wrong. I got another copy of SimCity Creator desoldered the Chip using Hot Air this time.
Soldered it in the Pokemon Soul Silver Edition and ... AGAIN the blue screen ... But it is the right Chip.

The Chip is soldered in correctly i checked it using TWL Save Tool it shows the Save Name. If a Chip is desoldered the App crashes. I tried to erase the Chip but nothing... Okay nvm I tried to save and it gave me the Bluescreen again. I’m trying to desolder the chip again

I used a Savegame and tried to write it on it. But nothing. Maybe the Card does not accept the Chip

827F0084-5DC8-421E-9ABF-C202C1336558.jpeg

UPDATE:

I plugged the Game into my New 3DS XL and now it’s working… I think the game was playing with me

Last edited by Marax,
Reactions: rvtr and Ralph367

Ralph367

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
He ment how you placed the save Chip on the pcb 😂 not the pcb in the housing
Oh :rofl2:. I was actually wondering about that while doing it. I put it with the front text not upside-down after opening it up, in other words the same direction as the chip next to it on the board.
Post automatically merged:

You can try sanding it down. Stop sanding if it fits or you see anything shiny.
I'll be going down to get the stuff for this tomorrow. Normal sand paper from a hardware store would work right?

Last edited by Ralph367,

Marax

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Update to my Game:

I tried to Save the Game and got a Blue screen again. It says the game could be played but not be safed. Maybe its the Save Chip that is not compatible. It is the M45PE40.

rvtr

Nintendo DS hoarder
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Canada
Update to my Game:

I tried to Save the Game and got a Blue screen again. It says the game could be played but not be safed. Maybe its the Save Chip that is not compatible. It is the M45PE40.
I'm sorry to hear this isn't working. I'm not sure why... you said you flashed a save to it so I'm not sure why it'd break...

My only other idea is to wipe the chip and have the game format it the way it wants. I've found there is some save fuckery in a couple of games where they get really unhappy with invalid data.

Reactions: Marax

Marax

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
My game is completly dead now... I tried some resoldering and i think its gone forever now. Thank you guys for your help!

rvtr

Nintendo DS hoarder
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Canada
My game is completly dead now... I tried some resoldering and i think its gone forever now. Thank you guys for your help!
I'm sorry. This worked for me but perhaps I need to do a bit more fiddling around. If you're open to it, do you want to send the board to me as a last resort? No guarantees I could fix it but I can certainly try.

Reactions: Marax

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Re chips. If you have another game with a supposedly identical chip have you tried soldering one of the chips into that and seeing what happens?

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Re chips. If you have another game with a supposedly identical chip have you tried soldering one of the chips into that and seeing what happens?
stop-already-dead.gif

But I agree. Desolder the NTR chip and solder it back to a game you don't care for. It should work... in theory.

Reactions: orangy57 and rvtr

rvtr

Nintendo DS hoarder
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Canada
Oh yeah that might be a good last attempt... though the chips on 512kb saves are still M25PE40 and M45PE40. Not sure if this would have the best chance of working, but what the hell. It's not working anyways. Can't do much more harm to try.
Post automatically merged:

I ordered a few different flash chips just now. I'll test them with a few different games (possibly even pokemon ones) and I'll figure out what ones are or aren't compatible. Until then I suggest not to follow my idea on replacement flash chips.

Swapping chips from cart to cart should be okay, though I think you should still be cautious, at least until someone has success with that.

These things have worked for me but I really don't want to be giving out poor advice that leads to more broken hardware. I'll post an update in a month or two once the chips arrive.

Last edited by rvtr,

Ralph367

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
Alright so I managed to sand down the chip enough that it fits comfortably, but plugging it into my console still causes an instant shutdown. Any advice?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    I tried to get a slim on a black friday once, but they ran out of stock for the $100 one
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    many ages ago
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You can find them $50-75 nowdays if catch a deal
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Still remember grabbing this ps4 slim on black Friday for $200 when the msrp was still around 300
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I went to auction at a mom/pops video game store few months ago that was closing, and bought 11 slims for $200, 1 was DOA but 10 work fine. so hella deal. Already rgh3'ed 8 of them. But most younger kids don't even want anymore, unless it plays stupid "fortnight", or newer shit.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Think I'm gonna use my giftcard balance on a nice pair of headphones but $100 is still limited
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Soundcore q30s are nice but they leak so much sound it sounds like speakers
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Ken spend the 100 on a gun and skii mask, wait for a jogger at the park jewelry money and headphones!
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If only Amazon sold guns
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fucking dick heads think it's a bad idea to get a gun 2 days later
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wait, I thought you were the dickhe...nvm
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got balls on my chin and two dicks on my forehead sir
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sorry, no offense there double dickhead chinballs.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Chicks still love it
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    "Mommy, look, what is that?". "That's your soon to be daddy."
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That you'll only see once
    +2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Double dickhead chinballs is still better than double dickhead eyeballs.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    As in, the balls will grow in your eye sockets.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I paid 5 grand to get them moved to my chin
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    This you?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My hair can't be that cool
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: JOE! :P