Hacking Suggestion Replicating Plutoo (and friends) work! Recruiting.

Tybus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So... By now everyone has this Plutoos work in his 34c3 talk https://media.ccc.de/v/34c3-8941-console_security_-_switch/ . It seemed pretty cool work but tbh, I didn't understand a bunch of things.

Anyway. Since I was young I always had interest in the hacking scene. My first experience with hacking and homebrew was using the Twilight Hack back in the Nintendo Wii, and some Ipod Touch 2nd gen jailbreaking. I think that was pretty much what inspired me to become an Electrical (Electronics) Engineer as I'm now. I tried to get inside the 3ds scene during last years, check https://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/3Dfrogr (OMG, It's from 2014!) but apart from that never tried something like this. By the time I watched Plutoos work in the 34c3 talk I've had already let go my dream on learning to reverse engineer.

So. here, inspired by that conference I'm trying to search for people just in my condition. That would like to help, learn, and understand the inner workings of this hack and maybe we could become part of the hacking comunity. By now I'm looking for people with the following:
  • Knowledge in C/C++ and scripting languages.
  • A 3.0.0 or lower Nintendo Switch (I got mine on 3.0.0)
  • Understanding on electronics and digital circuits. (for the Key dumping by "Glitching")
  • Lots of patience, since we will be learning... A lot.
  • Basic computer architecture knowledge I guess.. I don't really know ARM assembly but... I've worked with some other architectures.
I think we could take it from that and learn all we have to as a new emerging team. Feel free to PM me, respond to this post... Maybe even add me at Skype: [email protected]

Happy new year to all, And happy hacking :)..

Last edited by Tybus,

Spectral Blizzard

GBATemp's Only Racist Stereotypical Feminist
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So... By now everyone has this Plutoos work in his 34c3 talk https://media.ccc.de/v/34c3-8941-console_security_-_switch/ . It seemed pretty cool work but tbh, I didn't understand a bunch of things.

Anyway. Since I was young I always had interest in the hacking scene. My first experience with hacking and homebrew was using the Twilight Hack back in the Nintendo Wii, and some Ipod Touch 2nd gen jailbreaking. I think that was pretty much what inspired me to become an Electrical (Electronics) Engineer as I'm now. I tried to get inside the 3ds scene during last years, check https://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/3Dfrogr (OMG, It's from 2014!) but apart from that never tried something like this. By the time I watched Plutoos work in the 34c3 talk I've had already let go my dream on learning to reverse engineer.

So. here, inspired by that conference I'm trying to search for people just in my condition. That would like to help, learn, and understand the inner workings of this hack and maybe we could become part of the hacking comunity. By now I'm looking for people with the following:
  • Knowledge in C/C++ and scripting languages.
  • A 3.0.0 or lower Nintendo Switch (I got mine on 3.0.0)
  • Understanding on electronics and digital circuits. (for the Key dumping by "Glitching")
  • Lots of patience, since we will be learning... A lot.
I think we could take it from that and learn all we have to as a new emerging team. Feel free to PM me, respond to this post... Maybe even add me at Skype: [email protected]

Happy new year to all, And happy hacking :)..
Maybe you can hit me up!
I have way too many damn coding books you guys could use for this!
Just a shitty random idea.

AlexiCat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm actually interested as well. I'm a recent CS grad and I've always wanted to learn more about reverse engineering.

Reactions: Tybus

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)