Hacking [Request] Better GBA cheat for EZ-Flash Omega

husky3g

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there another way just to use game genie in the main? Husky can you trust this guy making this file?
You can create your own codes in memory address format and add them to the cheat files of your Omega yourself, the only issue is that you need to either find the right codes for your version of your specific game you want to use them on or you need to use a cheat engine for GBA to figure them out yourself on a PC, then add them to your Omega. It's not easy, especially for someone like me who vaguely knows about the process for creating cheats but not actually how to do it.

As far as trusting DeadSkullz, you can see on the forums that he's credited for quite a bit of other homebrew and cheat projects on GBATemp and the guy is an active contributor for pretty much any project that he takes interest in. If you go back through previous posts on this thread, you can see the screenshots he's made of his updated cheat database for the Omega. He still has a ton of work to do and is also working on other things as well, I'm sure, so it's going to take a lot of time for this new cheat database to get to a point where he can release it.

The things we know, simply from this thread confirm that this database is real.

1. DeadSkullz is credited for other projects on the forums. He's played a big part in the NDS cheat lists available for R4 cards as well as a few other miscellaneous projects for the NDS.
2. He has demonstrated he definitely knows a lot about how the cheat engine works, much better than almost anyone else on this thread to the point that we can be affirmed to know he's actually capable of creating the cheat list if he wanted to.
3. He's shown screenshots of the cheat database on previous posts in this thread, showcasing the new organization and cheat format that he is creating in his cheat database for the Omega.

You have no reason to disbelieve he actually is creating the new cheat database and all of the evidence in the world to the contrary. Of course he's not going to just keep sending out random revisions of an incomplete cheat database for a bunch of impatient plebs. He wants it to be in a confirmed working state in order to ensure that he doesn't release just a garbled mess that's just as shitty as the default Omega cheat list.

Here are the images of some of what he has done with his cheat list. He is re-translating, verifying and even adding more cheats for games. It's a ton of work to do for just 1 cheat and even more for an entire game. An entire library of games is going to take some time.

Before.jpg

After.jpg

Last edited by husky3g,
Reactions: livinitwarrior

DeadSkullzJr

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Been a few months, any cool updates @DeadSkullzJr ?
So far in the list I am near the end of titles beginning with J and soon beginning the K titles, making new and or reworking some of the existing codes as per usual. Some stuff regarding AP came up on the NDS side of things however and I ended up having to temporarily put the GBA stuff on hold until I get that ironed out a bit, already half way finished. Once I finish the NDS related stuff it's back to the GBA stuff.

husky3g

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So far in the list I am near the end of titles beginning with J and soon beginning the K titles, making new and or reworking some of the existing codes as per usual. Some stuff regarding AP came up on the NDS side of things however and I ended up having to temporarily put the GBA stuff on hold until I get that ironed out a bit, already half way finished. Once I finish the NDS related stuff it's back to the GBA stuff.

Just thinking about this when I was doing some Pokemon stuff this morning and messing with my actual Action Replay GBX, what are your plans for Pokemon? I know you are likely aware of the v1.0/v1.1 ROM differences for say, FR/LG and I think Emerald has a variant. Are you going to do a code list for each game/ROM version as well?

Secondly, what codes will be included? Since Pokemon is such a big ticket item for this, encounter codes will be something people absolutely beg for like specific Pokemon and shiny only cheats, etc.

Pokemon alone will become such a massive undertaking as far as compiling/testing cheats that I'm curious as to what your plans are for them. Ruby/Sapphire should be relatively easy but FR/LG are going to be hell to create cheats for considering 386 Pokemon encounter codes for two separate ROM versions for two separate games is going to take forever. That is, unless you know some sort of shortcut to create those cheats by stripping out data from the ROM to create the codes easily.

Other games honestly don't have nearly as many cheats as Pokemon, which is why I was curious. Pokemon has probably has the potential to require upwards of 2000+ cheats for just the gen 3 games.

N7Kopper

Lest we forget... what Nazi stood for.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Just thinking about this when I was doing some Pokemon stuff this morning and messing with my actual Action Replay GBX, what are your plans for Pokemon? I know you are likely aware of the v1.0/v1.1 ROM differences for say, FR/LG and I think Emerald has a variant. Are you going to do a code list for each game/ROM version as well?
I don't think Emerald has any English revisions at the very least. Ruby and Sapphire have two, though. One to fix typos in the Pokédex, and one to fix the berry glitch (which is mostly moot on an Omega anyway, because it only activates when the RTC year is 2001, and Colosseum, Box, Channel, XD, and everything else will still work around it on 1.2, because they can't tell.)

Reactions: husky3g

DeadSkullzJr

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Secondly, what codes will be included? Since Pokemon is such a big ticket item for this, encounter codes will be something people absolutely beg for like specific Pokemon and shiny only cheats, etc.

Pokemon alone will become such a massive undertaking as far as compiling/testing cheats that I'm curious as to what your plans are for them. Ruby/Sapphire should be relatively easy but FR/LG are going to be hell to create cheats for considering 386 Pokemon encounter codes for two separate ROM versions for two separate games is going to take forever. That is, unless you know some sort of shortcut to create those cheats by stripping out data from the ROM to create the codes easily.

Other games honestly don't have nearly as many cheats as Pokemon, which is why I was curious. Pokemon has probably has the potential to require upwards of 2000+ cheats for just the gen 3 games.
I already have the layout figured out when it comes to revisions. The biggest issue that I have to test the waters with is seeing how many codes can be crammed in one list, reason being is because the bigger the list, the longer the load times, and that also means more memory will be used just to retain the information, flash devices, the EZ-Flash Omega and the Definitive Edition variant to be exact, do not retain the same capabilities as a cheat device in terms of engine functions, size capabilities, etc.. Sounds fine on paper if the contents was reworked to match the standards needed, the issue is due to memory limitations and such, it's actually very easy to flood memory with stuff like this and cause issues to occur, most notably game crashes on boot up or during gameplay, some cases graphical bugs will occur as well. I am going to just go on a limb and say the chances of cramming every code for just one of the Pokémon games is likely infeasible due to the limitations and such. I have to keep the list logical, reasonable, and sensical, otherwise you'll get left with clunky bloat, ending up being a pain in the ass to navigate.

husky3g

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I already have the layout figured out when it comes to revisions. The biggest issue that I have to test the waters with is seeing how many codes can be crammed in one list, reason being is because the bigger the list, the longer the load times, and that also means more memory will be used just to retain the information, flash devices, the EZ-Flash Omega and the Definitive Edition variant to be exact, do not retain the same capabilities as a cheat device in terms of engine functions, size capabilities, etc.. Sounds fine on paper if the contents was reworked to match the standards needed, the issue is due to memory limitations and such, it's actually very easy to flood memory with stuff like this and cause issues to occur, most notably game crashes on boot up or during gameplay, some cases graphical bugs will occur as well. I am going to just go on a limb and say the chances of cramming every code for just one of the Pokémon games is likely infeasible due to the limitations and such. I have to keep the list logical, reasonable, and sensical, otherwise you'll get left with clunky bloat, ending up being a pain in the ass to navigate.

Makes sense. Basic item codes, etc would be fine for most people and I suppose if people really want specific Pokemon, loading the ROM/save to an emulator or PKHeX would make more sense anyway.

DeadSkullzJr

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone, been a while now, but I'll make this short and simple. Progress is still going, but I won't lie, life has taken a bit of a rough turn a little bit, the good thing is it's nothing that's impacting me directly with my line of work and what not, but because of the what it is (can't delve into the details), it is stressing me out because the situation is definitely important to me regardless. Work has been slow as a result, but I'm still chugging alongside stuff outside this project, just have to sit back a little for a breather or two. Hopefully my next report on the progress will be more cheerful and I guess more worthy of a read than this (don't want to waste anyone's time after all). Thanks for anyone still supporting and waiting out there, sorry the wait is so dang long.

Reactions: Gozaburo

SirGucci

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone, been a while now, but I'll make this short and simple. Progress is still going, but I won't lie, life has taken a bit of a rough turn a little bit, the good thing is it's nothing that's impacting me directly with my line of work and what not, but because of the what it is (can't delve into the details), it is stressing me out because the situation is definitely important to me regardless. Work has been slow as a result, but I'm still chugging alongside stuff outside this project, just have to sit back a little for a breather or two. Hopefully my next report on the progress will be more cheerful and I guess more worthy of a read than this (don't want to waste anyone's time after all). Thanks for anyone still supporting and waiting out there, sorry the wait is so dang long.
Don't worry about us, keep chugging along at your own pace. Hope everything you're dealing with sorts out. :)

AXELXu7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would money help? Post your Cashapp and I'll donate what I can.
Post automatically merged:

Would money help? Post your Cashapp and I'll donate what I can. :)

DeadSkullzJr

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would money help? Post your Cashapp and I'll donate what I can.
Post automatically merged:

Would money help? Post your Cashapp and I'll donate what I can. :)
I appreciate the offer, but keep your money please. I don't even have a GBA database publicly available yet, I would rather you donate/gift money to me with confidence if I had donations available. Besides, I don't even have a Cashapp anyways lol.

Son of Spam

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Still going, just quite busy.
Have you looked into using ChatGPT or Bard to speed up the process? I was messing around with BingAI and had some success just giving it this guide to convert it:

https://wiki.bibanon.org/EZ_Flash/Cheats

I was testing it with Advance Wars. It got the codes mostly right. With a more finely tuned prompt and a better-developed plan like what you have fed to it you might be able to speed up the conversion process.

Reactions: husky3g

DeadSkullzJr

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you looked into using ChatGPT or Bard to speed up the process? I was messing around with BingAI and had some success just giving it this guide to convert it:

https://wiki.bibanon.org/EZ_Flash/Cheats

I was testing it with Advance Wars. It got the codes mostly right. With a more finely tuned prompt and a better-developed plan like what you have fed to it you might be able to speed up the conversion process.
Nope, and honestly not a fan of AI chat bots doing stuff for me personally. I like getting involved with my own line of work, thanks for the recommendation though. This just happens to be something that can't be rushed really considering it's pretty easy to break stuff, I want to keep an eye on things every step of the way.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Right onto uremums 3d printed dildo