Hacking [Request] Better GBA cheat for EZ-Flash Omega

husky3g

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Checking in again! Glad to see it's still a WIP. Excited to see if we can get both 1.0 and 1.1 FR/LG cheats!

DeadSkullzJr

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Checking in again! Glad to see it's still a WIP. Excited to see if we can get both 1.0 and 1.1 FR/LG cheats!
My only concern is the amount of cheats that one game can have. There is a memory limit before too much ends up causing problems. Ironically the engine lacking advanced capabilities might be a saving grace, if the engine can't handle the advanced stuff, then that's less space taken up period (because the advanced cheats won't even be present to occupy space to begin with basically), so most of the concern comes down to the less advanced variants overpopulating a list. So far I haven't encountered issues yet, but then again many titles out there don't have very many cheats to begin with. If that issue occurs, I'll have to remove some stuff just so things work correctly, it's not the most pleasant thing to know or see but everything has its limits, just have to accept and respect that. I really wish the developers added the ability to use spacing, having to use constant underscores makes things look sort of ugly. It works for sure but still...

husky3g

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My only concern is the amount of cheats that one game can have. There is a memory limit before too much ends up causing problems. Ironically the engine lacking advanced capabilities might be a saving grace, if the engine can't handle the advanced stuff, then that's less space taken up period (because the advanced cheats won't even be present to occupy space to begin with basically), so most of the concern comes down to the less advanced variants overpopulating a list. So far I haven't encountered issues yet, but then again many titles out there don't have very many cheats to begin with. If that issue occurs, I'll have to remove some stuff just so things work correctly, it's not the most pleasant thing to know or see but everything has its limits, just have to accept and respect that. I really wish the developers added the ability to use spacing, having to use constant underscores makes things look sort of ugly. It works for sure but still...

Does Simple improve the cheat compatibility at all? Not sure if the original guy is still working on it or has the ability to maybe add that functionality, but it would be even better if he could completely strip out the current cheat engine and just implement something different entirely.

DeadSkullzJr

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does Simple improve the cheat compatibility at all? Not sure if the original guy is still working on it or has the ability to maybe add that functionality, but it would be even better if he could completely strip out the current cheat engine and just implement something different entirely.
The engine used in the Simple kernel is the same. It can be changed for sure much like it can be for the original Omega kernel, but now you inadvertently open the door for double the work, maybe even more intensified because now that means I would have to try and support more than one database for more than one kernel out there, and that second database would probably have content the original wouldn't have. I have no issues doing support for more than one database or more than one kernel (I support more than one format for the NDS and a few other systems as it is (those being work in progress too)), it's just that it would take much longer to get something out the door at that point, and if something changes now, well now I have to play catch up with the changes and go through what I already have done again. I have my gripes about the current handling of the engine much like anyone else, but I think for now a change should wait, I really want to get something out and about before taking on any drastic changes, especially since if something comes out AFTER a change occurs, well now demand starts to get shifted just as drastically, and it wouldn't make any sense to release an update, feeling pointless mostly, because it wouldn't be enough nor fitting for that current environment. I'm not much of a "release in beta" kind of guy, it's give it my all or nothing at all.

Last edited by DeadSkullzJr,

SciGuy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On the subject of better cheat menus, does anyone happen to know if there is a master list of cheats for the everdrive gbx7 somewhere? I know it uses game genie codes and you can convert these gameshark codes to work, but has anybody ever done a mass conversion? A website does exist to do this (I can't link it). I wish I knew coding enough to just write a program that can do it...

(sorry for the double post)

pokefanatic_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@DeadSkullzJr hello, and nice to meet you.
I am a new user on this forum, I got to be honest I didn't know it was existing.

I am a Pokemon fanatic, I've used to play on DS, DSi and DSi XL with custom cards and I've always used your DSi cheats DB without even knowing who you were.

I recently decided to get a GBA (super modded one), EZ OMEGA DE and 128 GB SD

I was just trying to search for some information about cheat codes, because I've noticed that there was something wrong with the original one... And i found out this forum and this thread

I just wanted to know the progress, and if it's possible to get at least the .cht cheats for the game: "Pokemon - Emerald Version (USA, Europe).gba"
I can pay for it if needed.

Thank you
Kind regards,

SciGuy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey there, it's been 5 years, did you ever do this or not?
He made it up to the "Ks" about two years ago. I imagine he might almost be done by now.

Edit: But now that I think about it, I never received a response to my question from two months ago. And if it was almost done it would probably have been brought up by now. It's possible not much progress has been made since two years ago..

Last edited by SciGuy,

SciGuy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm wondering if it's possible to write a program that can take existing action replay codes and convert them to the EZ Flash Omega format? That way we don't have to wait on a complete database and just generate the ones we need ourselves. I have a few programming buddies. Maybe I can commission something.

SciGuy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Really hope we get this, GBA is such a great system.
I spoke with my buddies and nobody really has the time. I would consider cleaning things up and providing codes for at least the pokemon games, but graduate school is taking up most of my free time.

I'd like to remain optimistic, but it's been 3-4 years since the project began and 2 years since it was 50% completed. I have a feeling it's dead in the water. Maybe someone else will come along and take up the task..

DeadSkullzJr

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I spoke with my buddies and nobody really has the time. I would consider cleaning things up and providing codes for at least the pokemon games, but graduate school is taking up most of my free time.

I'd like to remain optimistic, but it's been 3-4 years since the project began and 2 years since it was 50% completed. I have a feeling it's dead in the water. Maybe someone else will come along and take up the task..
It's not dead, I have a life of my own too. These things just don't spawn out of thin air and quickly.

Reactions: Gozaburo

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 24,000 hmmmm lol