Homebrew {Request} Can someone look into the FLOG Emulator? [Updated]

Shady Guy Jose

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Not sure I believe OP got it to work given the dates, but yeah, okay -- my bad, sorry.

Guess I failed to consider "hardcoded" as a ROM location, heh.
OP couldn't have known about this any other way, since it was only discovered a while later, and he does describe picking up the joycons in their grip, by which he could very well have mimicked Iwata's "direct to you" motion accidentally.

As for the date: there is some date mismatch going on here, but that can probably be explained somehow, and I'd actually like to try and figure it out. It wasn't a vanilla Switch, since OP mentioned having used the eShop a while earlier. Could it be a simple misremembering of the date by one week?

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hey dood. Can you tell how accurate the motions need to be by looking at the activation flag requirement?
I had a really hard time getting it just right. But I have been able to launch it around 15 or so time so far.
I think it would be nice to have your video in the news article about this topic.
If you also think so, perhaps you could contact @SonyUSA and tell her about your video so she updates the news article.

D

Deleted-368796

I think it would be nice to have your video in the news article about this topic.
If you also think so, perhaps you could contact @SonyUSA and tell her about your video so she updates the news article.
I don't really mind, though I would rather someone else notify her. Trying to be humble here...
The point of me posting the video was to show the action needed to activate it, so others could give it a try. For those that can't get it to work, hopefully I showed it off well enough for them to be able to enjoy the tribute to Mr. Iwata.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I felt like a flight attendant going over the emergency exit routine while trying but I couldn't trigger it.
Remember to keep your joycons completely vertical the entire time. The attachment rail of each joycon needs to be facing directly towards your body during the motion.
Here is how I arrived at how to execute the move...
I watched several videos of Iwata making his hand gesture. Then I concluded that the joycons are meant to replicate his hands. With that in mind, I moved the joycons as if they were Iwata's hands.
PRESTO! The game launched.

Reactions: peteruk

Shadowfied

Trophies
XP
Country
Not sure I believe OP got it to work given the dates, but yeah, okay -- my bad, sorry.

Guess I failed to consider "hardcoded" as a ROM location, heh.
Nah, I still believe OP is a shitposter :D He got lucky with the idea of Flog and Golf. That's it. We've seen no one be able to launch it on a 3.0 console (cause they have been online) - which OP claims his is and was. Also, he made the account just for this, and apparently, 11 days after the event. It just doesn't make sense.

Reactions: SciresM

SciresM

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nah, I still believe OP is a shitposter :D He got lucky with the idea of Flog and Golf. That's it. We've seen no one be able to launch it on a 3.0 console (cause they have been online) - which OP claims his is and was. Also, he made the account just for this, and apparently, 11 days after the event. It just doesn't make sense.

I actually successfully launched on a 3.0 console after setting my network date to 7/11 via hax, so it does still work on that fw. Agree with you, though.

Shadowfied

Trophies
XP
Country
I actually successfully launched on a 3.0 console after setting my network date to 7/11 via hax, so it does still work on that fw. Agree with you, though.
As I said, because 3.0 consoles have been online and have a network date set. It's not about the consoles "being" on 1.0, just that the ones that are, have not been connected :D

Shady Guy Jose

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
As I said, because 3.0 consoles have been online and have a network date set. It's not about the consoles "being" on 1.0, just that the ones that are, have not been connected :D
Apparently, even 3.0.0 consoles which have supposedly never been online have trouble launching this, so I imagine even cart updates screw with the network date, or at least set a minimum.

D

Deleted-368796

Yes, but shouldn't initializing the console wipe all data? I can't imagine that the network time/date would still be stored after resetting the console back to new factory state.
Unless Scries can confirm that what he modified does not get removed with a reset.

SciresM

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, but shouldn't initializing the console wipe all data? I can't imagine that the network time/date would still be stored after resetting the console back to new factory state.
Unless Scries can confirm that what he modified does not get removed with a reset.

Network time stuff is stored in a system savedata, and system savedata is not deleted when the console is formatted.

Metalik

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
I honestly believe that this is another LUIGI IN SUPER MARIO 64 type of hoax, and even if it's in console's memory, there is no legit way of launching it. But I don't even think it's in the system, considering how only a limited quantity of people are able to access the internals of Switch OS, they are probably bamboozling all of us.

Reactions: nwiifletcher

Shady Guy Jose

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I honestly believe that this is another LUIGI IN SUPER MARIO 64 type of hoax, and even if it's in console's memory, there is no legit way of launching it. But I don't even think it's in the system, considering how only a limited quantity of people are able to access the internals of Switch OS, they are probably bamboozling all of us.
People have actually launched it, and trusted developers have written about it on SwitchBrew, so that's ruled out by now. Unless I missed some sarcasm there.

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Network time stuff is stored in a system savedata, and system savedata is not deleted when the console is formatted.
Well, Nintendo went out of their way to make people set a reminder on their calendar for Iwata's day.
Some interesting way of paying respects.
I suppose now it will be harder to forget.

Metalik

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
People have actually launched it, and trusted developers have written about it on SwitchBrew, so that's ruled out by now. Unless I missed some sarcasm there.
Any of that proof can actually be easily faked by cropping the icons from switchbrew, placing them on some Golf gameplay and them uploading that gameplay somewhere and loading it through captive browser in the system.

:-infern:

GBAtemp Legend
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You guys think that hackers/programmers were supposed to find this all along (as a tribute to Iwatas programming days) ?
I mean 11/7 past whilst the Switch was released and no one noticed and Big N didnt tell anyone then.

Shady Guy Jose

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Any of that proof can actually be easily faked by cropping the icons from switchbrew, placing them on some Golf gameplay and them uploading that gameplay somewhere and loading it through captive browser in the system.
True, but the SwitchBrew screenshots had to come from somewhere, so the game does exist, even if it was initially launched through hax. And actual developers have confirmed that the official method works as long as the date is properly set, as in this post:
So even if many of the supposed successful launches were fake, we have at least one trusted account of it being launched through the official method.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I really don't want to buy this fap tab...