Hacking Request: Stream bluetooth device's audio through Wii

duffmmann

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I dunno where else to turn for this, but I would really love for this to be a homebrew application or an extension of an already existing application. I think its possible, but I don't really know what all can be done with the Wii's bluetooth.

OK, so heres the deal:

I can keep my Wii on at all times with the tv screen off though sound still activated, because the audio cords input connect through a separate speaker system from the television.

I would love to be able to keep my Wii in a certain application be it WiiMC or even if it has to bee GeeXboX, and be able to connect myandroid device to the wii via bluetooth and essentially use it has my handheld music player for the whole room. This should be possible in theory, though I understand the bluetooth with the wii isn't the easiest thing to program for.

I see that the GeeXboX features some sort of bluetooth communication, but I'm not sure if I can stream music over it, does anyone know if you can? And if so how? Otherwise does anyone know how to implement such a thing into WiiMC or something like that? Or finally if those too are no goes, could some sort of new homebrew be made strictly for this purpose? Thanks to anyone who can help.

Psionic Roshambo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I feel like what you are asking is possible and at least to me sounds like a really cool idea. I would be interested in seeing it work myself.

duffmmann

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well good to hear I'm not the only one that would be interested in this. I wish I knew more about programming, I would be all over making this work if I knew how.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/qv96JYhfAuA?si=_PN4PTWfj5BWI9wk