Homebrew Question [REQUEST] Wii Balance Board Weight Check Homebrew App?

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
To any Homebrew devs out in the wild. What do you think about a Switch app that uses the Wii balance Board to check your weight? there was a HB app that did the same job back in the Wii days https://wiibrew.org/wiki/Balance_Board_Tools (source code is there too if it would help) given the Switch is portable it would be great to be able to just boot up a Switch HB turn on the Balance board and just step on to see what damage last weekend's blow out did :P
What do you guys think? worth it or worthless?

cucholix

00000780 00000438
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
The bb connects via Bluetooth right? It could be a Bluetooth receiver to it to work I believe.

Related, it’s possible use Wiimotes as controllers on Switch?

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The bb connects via Bluetooth right? It could be a Bluetooth receiver to it to work I believe.

Related, it’s possible use Wiimotes as controllers on Switch?
Yea, the app would need to connect the the Balance Board via Bluetooth, I think Wiimotes can be connected to the Switch with one of those NS Magic adapters :)

D

Deleted User

bluetooth can be accessed from Linux so you can try that but then you need a program which can read the data from the bb

SANICspeed

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
I've got an offbrand black(so emo) Wii Balanceboard with a digital scale allready on it heh. Still the idea sounds rly cool, also maybe to be able to use it as a controller would be fun.

Reactions: KiiWii and ploggy

KylieJenner

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I actually just purchased a wii balance board it was super cheap and had just picked up a wii U too.

I love the idea of using it on my switch as my scales.

Reactions: ploggy

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I love this idea @ploggy

I just googled and found an app called fitScales for Android that seems to do this too.

Homebrew (cough 1080/waverace N64 emulation cough) needs more balance board action.

Thanks, I found this too https://github.com/skorokithakis/gr8w8upd8m8 it's linux only but shouldn't be a problem now that L4T has been released, but native support would be better I think..
The BB could also be useful for any Labo VR homebrew that comes too :)

Reactions: KiiWii

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: @BakerMan, every since his partner left luke hasn't been the same