Hardware Reselling the Wii U at launch date

AngryGreek766

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
4 real man i swear todays FPS games really lower people's IQ's. I mention FPS's because thats probably all he plays, if you dont like nintendo's games at least their first party games ur not a gamer in my book. Honestly
They don't like what YOU like, so they're not REAL gamers?

Elitist.
i apologize COD is the best thing ever in gaming lol

gamefan5

Kid Icarus Uprising connoiseur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If there was a high demand wanted, and you wanted to gouge people of their hard earned money for a crappy product... Yeah you could try that. Or you could think first. Wii's are the most unwanted game system out. You can hack them, yes, but that doesn't make it worth owning. There are no good games for it. Wii U's aren't going to make that any better either. They'll sell out the first round, that is going to happen, all the "richies" will want one for their retarded offspring. During that dull but mildly profitable moment for Nintendo, they will all be sold out. Will you have a chance to make some money? Maybe, but is it worth attempting? It's a Wii product, not a new iPhone or anything relevant to society.

Not a good idea relying on a Nintendo Wii product, that is about to do terrible sales, to score a few extra bucks on. The thought is decent, money seems nice, but it's a Wii product...

If you do it and it works, more power to you man, you made money, but it doesn't seem like the right investment in the gaming industry.
The amount of retardedness in this post is just astounding. It's immeasurable.

Reactions: 9 people

jefffisher

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it's a real dick move.
but i think you could make money.
but just to be safe buy them at walmart and keep your reciept so you can bring them back if you have to.

gamefan5

Kid Icarus Uprising connoiseur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
4 real man i swear todays FPS games really lower people's IQ's. I mention FPS's because thats probably all he plays, if you dont like nintendo's games at least their first party games ur not a gamer in my book. Honestly

Elitist.
Yes because Nintendo has never made any FPS title.
A gamer has the right to like any game he wants and you can't stop that.
You know what makes people gamers, it's the fact that they spend time playing video games. Whether it's casually or those who spend much of their time doing it.

Reactions: 2 people

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well, it could work. Remember back in PS2 days PS2 was scarce. On ebay you can see it go up to $1K.

However I doubt that it would actually work for WiiU. Unlike Wii and PS2, WiiU is neither innovative or hyped.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States

Elitist.
I've never played a Call of Duty game and what I posted has nothing to do with Call of Duty.

I was just informing you how elitist you are, since it seems you're not aware that you're just as annoying as the call of duty fanboys.

Reactions: 6 people

Moose13

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bottom line is...if you have the $$ to spare, you can't lose. It is a NO RISK investment. If you can't sell them for a profit, simply return it to the store.
Even if you made a few hundred, that means a free Wii U for yourself.

Reactions: 3 people

WiiGetItDone

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I recall correctly, the Wii had insane amounts of hype before launch (and a decent amount of time afterward). The Wii U doesn't. The way I see it, that means this strategy isn't likely to work.

But hey, when the lines start forming on launch night, you can gauge how well things will go for yourself. If there's only a dozen people sitting outside Best Buy, you know this isn't a sound investment. If, however, the line already stretches half a mile down the sidewalk, well, it's probably far too late to line up, anyways.

As I recall no one really knew what the Wii was besides game fans until their September conference. Upon it's release in November '06, it was pretty well known and somewhat scarce in the beginning. Then in December when the parents realized their kids wanted one, they became darn near impossible to find in stock. I had a friend whose dad would wait at retail stores late at night with other parents for new shipments to come in only to go through a raffle system. It was a bit like Turboman in Jingle All the Way.

It's tough saying if the Wii U will have similar attention. I think they have a few things working against them; price point, and somewhat lack of notable innovation (a lot of people commented or speculated about the Wii-mote, but I haven't noticed much excitement over the tablet-style touch screen). Looking back at the last generations releases (Xbox 360, PS3, Wii), all were immensely popular upon release and became scarce for at least the first month. If Nintendo plays their cards right in promoting the hardware and software, and price the system at a reasonable price, I have no doubt it will be a popular item for the holidays - even if I personally don't have much interest.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If there was a high demand wanted, and you wanted to gouge people of their hard earned money for a crappy product... Yeah you could try that. Or you could think first. Wii's are the most unwanted game system out. You can hack them, yes, but that doesn't make it worth owning. There are no good games for it. Wii U's aren't going to make that any better either. They'll sell out the first round, that is going to happen, all the "richies" will want one for their retarded offspring. During that dull but mildly profitable moment for Nintendo, they will all be sold out. Will you have a chance to make some money? Maybe, but is it worth attempting? It's a Wii product, not a new iPhone or anything relevant to society.

Not a good idea relying on a Nintendo Wii product, that is about to do terrible sales, to score a few extra bucks on. The thought is decent, money seems nice, but it's a Wii product...

If you do it and it works, more power to you man, you made money, but it doesn't seem like the right investment in the gaming industry.
I just wanted to quote this for the truth of this argument. I mean there is a lot of good stuff in here. The wii is the worst system ever. There are absolutely no good games and the Wii U wont either, cause the wii was a failure.

And dont forget, ITS A WII PRODUCT

WHY CANT I LIKE MY OWN POST DAMMIT

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I recall correctly, the Wii had insane amounts of hype before launch (and a decent amount of time afterward). The Wii U doesn't. The way I see it, that means this strategy isn't likely to work.

But hey, when the lines start forming on launch night, you can gauge how well things will go for yourself. If there's only a dozen people sitting outside Best Buy, you know this isn't a sound investment. If, however, the line already stretches half a mile down the sidewalk, well, it's probably far too late to line up, anyways.

Why is it always extreme low or high with anything with people? Why can't there be a middle ground?
As in, long line,but not to late to get in... :unsure:

Hatchetball has to be trolling. He just has to.

leic7

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Elitist.
Yes because Nintendo has never made any FPS title.
A gamer has the right to like any game he wants and you can't stop that.
You know what makes people gamers, it's the fact that they spend time playing video games. Whether it's casually or those who spend much of their time doing it.
Well, obviously AngryGreek766 wasn't using the word "gamer" in that sense... They just used it in the same sense the term "English student" is used in the following sentence: "You've never heard of Much Ado About Nothing, and you dare call yourself an English student?!"

boombox

Trophies
XP
Country
I think it's a big risk to do that..and probably not worth the hassle.

No good games for the Wii? What a way to right off a system and make yourself look like a complete arse.
Sure, there is quite a lot of shovel ware made by 3rd parties, but there are actually a lot of worth while games on it, and the majority are Nintendo's own - if you actually bothered looking.
You can take your ignorant, shitty, insular outlook and "blow it up your ass".

lovewiibrew

Sifjar is a pirate
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow! Thanks for all the responses. Some people are taking it a bit too serious? But alas, I like the positive as well as the negative criticism. A few points:

Zero risk investment: That's what the receipt is for. :)

I can have friends/family reserve for me.

If Apple said they were releasing the turdphone tomorrow, it wouldn't matter, there would still be hype.

If people are willing to pay $100 above retail for something to ensure their kiddo gets it for Christmas, then that is simple economics: Supply and Demand

However, I don't see the Wii U being a HUGE hit, but I think it will do well. When I go to reserve I will ask about how many people have reserved to kind of gauge interest. Thanks for the responses. Didn't expect so many. :)

Reactions: 1 person

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm pretty sure Nintendo has said on multiple occasions that they're taking precautions to make sure they don't run out of stock at launch. It was rather notorious with the Wii and Nintendo, in terms of sales at least, isn't known to make the same mistake twice.

weavile001

Spiritmaster
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
wii u doesnt have games? ,for hardcore gamers , only zombiU , dont get your hopes up for more new FPS for wii U , not NEW but the oldie COD and others , also , the core and the amaziness of nintendo comes from zelda/mario/pokemon games , which is better than any 3rd party shit games

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Now go take a shower @BakerMan . Phew