Hacking Resized SD part, emuNAND traces still present

Searinox

"Dances" with Dragons
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
I used to have a different SD card for emuNAND before doing a transfer. After doing that, I resized the partition to reallocate the missing 1GB and reformatted it with quick format. Today, months later, I put the LAUNCHER.DAT back on the card in order to boot into GW mode on SysNAND.

To my surprise, it actually booted the old emuNAND that was formatted and reallocated from the card! I then put the card back in the PC and confirmed that there was no 1GB unallocated data, the card is 2GB and all 1.83GB of real space are allocated to the partition. So I reformatted, this time full format.

Now I put the card back into the console, when going into DS Profile the Gateway logo shows up, but all I get is a black screen. My guess is there are STILL traces of emuNAND left. What do I do?

lemanuel

Maxconsole's All-Knowing Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I used to have a different SD card for emuNAND before doing a transfer. After doing that, I resized the partition to reallocate the missing 1GB and reformatted it with quick format. Today, months later, I put the LAUNCHER.DAT back on the card in order to boot into GW mode on SysNAND.

To my surprise, it actually booted the old emuNAND that was formatted and reallocated from the card! I then put the card back in the PC and confirmed that there was no 1GB unallocated data, the card is 2GB and all 1.72GB are allocated to the partition. So I reformatted, this time full format.

Now I put the card back into the console, when going into DS Profile the Gateway logo shows up, but all I get is a black screen. My guess is there are STILL traces of emuNAND left. What do I do?

Whenever you want to get rid of emunand in an SD card use SDFormatter. It erases the emunand partition.

Searinox

"Dances" with Dragons
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Managed to do it with what I had already used the first time, EaseUS Partition Master. Set space to unallocated, wiped the space 1 time, then created a primary unformatted partition, after which I quick formatted it with Windows. Thank you anyway.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Spring is in the air.