restore nand corrupted

cyril14250

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi evreyone, i made a hack on an old 3ds xl few years ago by installing luma cfw and i wanted to restore the sysnand (return in stock mode) by using godmode9 , the software warned me that the nand was corrupted (mbr partition0 is missing) but i did it anyway, now im stuck on black screen and i dont manage to put again the ctrnand ( i made a copy of both but dont work ) any idea for my mistake?
thanks

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi evreyone, i made a hack on an old 3ds xl few years ago by installing luma cfw and i wanted to restore the sysnand (return in stock mode) by using godmode9 , the software warned me that the nand was corrupted (mbr partition0 is missing) but i did it anyway, now im stuck on black screen and i dont manage to put again the ctrnand ( i made a copy of both but dont work ) any idea for my mistake?
thanks
GodMode9 warned you that a backup is corrupted and you forced it to write despite that warning?
I don't get the "back to stock" on 3DS anyway, but that's a different topic (and a normal NAND restore won't be a "back to stock" anyway).

Look into SysNAND Virtual in GodMode9 and see if all normal partitions show up (ctrnand, twln, twlp)
Please try restoring a different backup image (like the one you wrote just before forcing a restore of the bad image – and don't tell me you didn't run backup before ignoring such a warning)

If all else fails, give CTRTransfer Type D9 script a try (get 11.5 image, not 11.15)
Backup the currently bricked state again before attempting radical firmware repair attempts.

cyril14250

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Same things with the 9.2.0
GodMode9 warned you that a backup is corrupted and you forced it to write despite that warning?
I don't get the "back to stock" on 3DS anyway, but that's a different topic (and a normal NAND restore won't be a "back to stock" anyway).

Look into SysNAND Virtual in GodMode9 and see if all normal partitions show up (ctrnand, twln, twlp)
Please try restoring a different backup image (like the one you wrote just before forcing a restore of the bad image – and don't tell me you didn't run backup before ignoring such a warning)

If all else fails, give CTRTransfer Type D9 script a try (get 11.5 image, not 11.15)
Backup the currently bricked state again before attempting radical firmware repair attempts.
yeah i did it, my fault, , i keep a copy of the ctrnand full and nand.bin, i try ctrtransfer with the 9.02 files and decrypt9i if it dont work i will try the 11.5 file, my sd card is full of files if can launch godmode and decrypt9 what can put in the sd card ?
Post automatically merged:

Nobody? , I precise hack with luma 9 ah9l After update to 11.16, return in godmode when decide to sysnand restore (943mb) Partition0 mbr missing, flash and After ctrtransfer with 9.2, 11.5 and 11.15 still nothing only godmode or decrypt9 launch
What is my possibility ?

Last edited by cyril14250,

cyril14250

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France

Hi everyone, thx u all she now booting, but what the next step i used ctrtransfer type D9 (important to precize) and ctrtransfer 11.5 , what is the best way After ? Cleaning hack or update luma ah9l and reimport homebrew Channel? Thx again👍

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users