Homebrew Restoring hacked Wii U to original state

KamenRanger

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hey everyone, first time posting here, so i need some help, is my first time hacking a Wii U, so im kinda lost heres the situation: My friend just give me a Wii U already hacked, with hombrew channel, haxchi and other stuff, he bought it like 2 years ago. So everythings fine with that, except that he doesnt know what was put in the console; so theres no way i can know whats installed, if i need to install something else, which haxchi version is running and all that, so i decide to do it by my self; now to understand whats going on in the console, the thing is i already got a Wii U some months ago, no hombrew or anything, but the guy that sold it to me let his account and i didnt like that and also i think that i need to format the device to fabric state to start from zero and hack it, so when i did the console bricked. just like that, didnt inset any files or anything, just got bricked from trying to format it; now im scared that this also happens to this one; im in a dilemma hre, keep the console already hacked but not knowing what it has installed and having the fear that if i add or remove somehing the console may stop working ooor take the risk of formating the console to original state (also SD) and start from zero to be aware of what am i putting in there. I really want to go for the second option but how do i do it? should i format the console, then remove the sd also delete evrything from it on my PC and start the hack? is there some risk to my console if i format and hacked it if its already hacked?

Last edited by KamenRanger,

CrisMod

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hey everyone, first time posting here, so i need some help, is my first time hacking a Wii U, so im kinda lost heres the situation: My friend just give me a Wii U already hacked, with hombrew channel, haxchi and other stuff, he bought it like 2 years ago. So everythings fine with that, except that he doesnt know what was put in the console; so theres no way i can know whats installed, if i need to install something else, which haxchi version is running and all that, so i decide to do it by my self; now to understand whats going on in the console, the thing is i already got a Wii U some months ago, no hombrew or anything, but the guy that sold it to me let his account and i didnt like that and also i think that i need to format the device to fabric state to start from zero and hack it, so when i did the console bricked. just like that, didnt inset any files or anything, just got bricked from trying to format it; now im scared that this also happens to this one; im in a dilemma hre, keep the console already hacked but not knowing what it has installed and having the fear that if i add or remove somehing the console may stop working ooor take the risk of formating the console to original state (also SD) and start from zero to be aware of what am i putting in there. I really want to go for the second option but how do i do it? should i format the console, then remove the sd also delete evrything from it on my PC and start the hack? is there some risk to my console if i format and hacked it if its already hacked?

Hi, I can believe man that you are skared now ;).......

So, no worries, you can get the Wii U on original stage but please don't delete or touch anything for now and let's do it step by step.
First, your previous Wii U bricked because you formatted the Wii U with Haxchi was combine with an "app" that it calls ColdBoot Haxchi (or CBHC). This ColdBoot Haxchi will activate automatically in loop the custom firmware on each start up of the console , for this reason you briked.
Anyway, without to go into many details let's understand what kind of Custom Firmware it's installed; so when you turn the console on before appear the Wii U Menu white screen loading you can see a black screen with some wording on the top left of your Wii U pad? As the below example?!

Attachments

• CBHC Example.jpg
    CBHC Example.jpg
    537.2 KB · Views: 375

KamenRanger

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hi, I can believe man that you are skared now ;).......

So, no worries, you can get the Wii U on original stage but please don't delete or touch anything for now and let's do it step by step.
First, your previous Wii U bricked because you formatted the Wii U with Haxchi was combine with an "app" that it calls ColdBoot Haxchi (or CBHC). This ColdBoot Haxchi will activate automatically in loop the custom firmware on each start up of the console , for this reason you briked.
Anyway, without to go into many details let's understand what kind of Custom Firmware it's installed; so when you turn the console on before appear the Wii U Menu white screen loading you can see a black screen with some wording on the top left of your Wii U pad? As the below example?!
Hi, kinda weird with the previous console cause it didnt seem to have haxchii or anything, completely clean but anyway.
When i turn on the console it doesnt appear anything like that, it boost normally, you have to manually avtivate haxchi (here its called haxchi X)
When it turns on appwars normal Nintendo logo, and starts with the account selection screen, the first one doesnt have any hack app, but the second one has homebrew launcher and haxchi x. (first image)
Then i choose the second account and start haxchi X and when loading in any moment appears something like the image you send but appwars this weird BOTW screen (second img) also at the right side of this loadinf screen appears some "shortcuts" like press Y to go to WUP installer and like that, then the normal Wii U Menu starts andwhen its almost ready it shows another image of something called IOSUHAX or.something like that (3rd one) and then it just starts normally with 2 screens saying "wait some instant" and poof, everything remains the same like when i choose the account and the appenu appeared

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-12-12-10-41-17-40_4aed3257f278fcf7bfa3abd644e23333.jpg
    Screenshot_2020-12-12-10-41-17-40_4aed3257f278fcf7bfa3abd644e23333.jpg
    790 KB · Views: 268
  • IMG20201212103453.jpg
    IMG20201212103453.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 259
  • IMG20201212103521.jpg
    IMG20201212103521.jpg
    863.4 KB · Views: 270
  • IMG20201212103509.jpg
    IMG20201212103509.jpg
    719.5 KB · Views: 234
  • IMG20201212103533.jpg
    IMG20201212103533.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 235
  • IMG20201212103540.jpg
    IMG20201212103540.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 445

MundoU

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hi, kinda weird with the previous console cause it didnt seem to have haxchii or anything, completely clean but anyway.
When i turn on the console it doesnt appear anything like that, it boost normally, you have to manually avtivate haxchi (here its called haxchi X)
When it turns on appwars normal Nintendo logo, and starts with the account selection screen, the first one doesnt have any hack app, but the second one has homebrew launcher and haxchi x. (first image)
Then i choose the second account and start haxchi X and when loading in any moment appears something like the image you send but appwars this weird BOTW screen (second img) also at the right side of this loadinf screen appears some "shortcuts" like press Y to go to WUP installer and like that, then the normal Wii U Menu starts andwhen its almost ready it shows another image of something called IOSUHAX or.something like that (3rd one) and then it just starts normally with 2 screens saying "wait some instant" and poof, everything remains the same like when i choose the account and the appenu appeared
If your console turns on normally and does not show any legend that says "CBHC" you can uninstall "Haxchi X" from the console settings without any problem.
By the way I did that Haxchi modification, it only changes the appearance and adds some shortcuts, currently I regret that and I prefer the official guides:
https://wiiu.hacks.guide/#/

KamenRanger

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
If your console turns on normally and does not show any legend that says "CBHC" you can uninstall "Haxchi X" from the console settings without any problem.
By the way I did that Haxchi modification, it only changes the appearance and adds some shortcuts, currently I regret that and I prefer the official guides

Thanks, i already delete everything from the wii u but havent format it yet, rn everything runs fine the only thing it still has some hacking files in the SD, im guessing i gotta take it out from the console and format it on my PC right?
Also, the console is now empty, but still has the accounts, can i start hacking it now? or should i format it to fabric state?

Last edited by KamenRanger,

CrisMod

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

Well, probably on the previous Wii U you didn't pay attention about because the CBHC it's preboot for just few seconds and the Wii U apparently it seems clean....

All these strange haxchi boot logo have means that the previous person that own this Wii U , he (or someone for him) customized the appearance Haxchi boot screens and customized the settings files in Haxchi, to let start something else within the boot screen .......Example: if you press Y withing the Haxchi booting it will redirect you to the homebrew launcher or if you press something else will start another function that he customized.

Now, what make me think it's why you have the IOSUHAX boot screen?! Because the IOSUHAX CFW in our days it's an obsolete method CFW, so I cannot understand if this it's the boot screen because they or him personalized the boot screen just for fancy looking or there is some functionality connected with it.

To investigate more on it, please be more clear about on one passage that I read to your previous post:

Then i choose the second account and start haxchi X and when loading in any moment appears something like the image you send but appwars this weird BOTW screen (second img) also at the right side of this loadinf screen appears ......

So, what you mean exactly here above that you press the second account and Haxchi will start automatically or when you press the second account you will start Haxchi manually?

Also, to check more deep, once you are on the Wii U Menu before start anything (to the second account) if you go to the System Settings of the Wii U, on the right up side of the settings menu which kind of version of the Wii U appear?

Lastly, do you have any icon like below and wrote DONT TOUCH ME?

So, when we are sure 1000 percentage that everything it's fine, I believe that you can proceed with the console formatting and make everything fresh from ZERO....

PS: In meantime read the great page posted that @MundoU share for you, because you can learn step by step how to do it.

Attachments

• wii-u-cfw-cbhc-menu-dont-touch-me.jpg
    wii-u-cfw-cbhc-menu-dont-touch-me.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 434
Last edited by CrisMod,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: +1