Retro-inspired RPG 'Chained Echoes' gets release date

chained echoes.JPG

After seven years of development by solo developer Matthias Linda, Chained Echoes, the RPG drawing inspirations from classic JRPG, has a release date. A brand-new trailer accompanied the announcement today:

Players will find themselves on the continent of Valandis, finally at peace after centuries of war. But peace is fragile, conflicts lasting for centuries just won’t disappear, and a new war could break loose at any time… Can a group of strangers restore the peace?

Chained Echoes is packed full of magic, mechs, swords, boss fights, turn-based combat, a complex story and roughly 40 hours of content. The game’s overdrive-combat system ensures fights are fast-paced while still offering massive tactical depth. Creatively tune the skill set of your party and slay even the most vicious foes like a whirlwind!

In Chained Echoes, medieval fantasy meets modern steampunk, so get ready for both sword duels and mech fights! An incredible, carefully crafted world awaits, filled with otherworldly creatures and multiple nations of human and humanoid races, all brimming with individual lore and culture to dig into. In the wild, Valandis' varied environments are a true paradise for adventurers, each with their own unique look and special challenges, menacing bosses and exciting secrets!

Chained Echoes launches this December 8th on PS4, PS5, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, PC and will be available on Game Pass for PC, consoles and the Cloud on day one. A physical release for the Switch, PS4 and PC has also been announced for a summer 2023 launch and is now available for pre-order.

:arrow: SOURCE: GBAtemp Inbox

eyeliner

Has an itch needing to be scratched.
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
One person did this?

Wow...

I believe there a bit of contrasting graphical styles (might be from the video), but this looks stellar.

I hate these vendors, though. Instead of making a simple, base game with the essentials, they just throw all kinds of padding and increase the price of the physical edition.

I'd drop 25€ easy for this but the seller ramps the price with useless trinkets that I don't care about.

Reactions: k7ra and Xzi

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hell even the trailer thumbnail looks like it's showing 2 different games, quite a contrast in style... I'm also a bit wary since other games promised to bring back the glory days and never did (Christ I'm being negative today! :lol: ) - thankfully it's a day one on Gamepass so I'm sorted!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I can picture the unmasking, "Lets see who molested you scooby..."
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Scooby fights off the allegations of fox and cnn
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You mean it wasn't the scout master it was the priest?
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    R Kelly use you super soaker powers to put the kids out that are on fire!!! Bill Cosby you drug them to make sure they are not in pain!!! OJ you kill the parents!!!
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oj only kills people he's in relations with
    +1
    Super Star Super Squad!!!
    The super hero team from hell lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Throw in Dahmer to hide the evidence
    Token white guy lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Dahmer can be slim shady
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Alright guys just let me talk to the cop
    +1
    Made mom into spaghetti, I'm hungry already
    +1
    I wish I could animate something like this stuff probably get like 2 million YouTube views lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    And a few lawsuits
    Probably lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Eminem sued me all I did was say he was a cannibal molestor
    Rotflmao
    R Kelly dropped the lawsuit after I let him pee on me
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Your honor he thinks he has white privilege
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    If you rap it, its freedom of speech
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Gray zone warfare looks kinda cool
    Ohhh on one episode they could use rings to summon Captain Criminal who is just Obama like a spoof of Captain Planet lol
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Ohhh on one episode they could use rings to summon Captain Criminal who is just Obama like a...