Status
Not open for further replies.

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Alien storm works.
Press your insert coin button on the black screen.

Fever SOS works also, wait a little longer for the game to start.

Also in genral restart retroarch between loading roms.
Less chance of a crash

Some choppy games you mention work fine in sdl Mame Wii.

FullMetalEnginee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
OMFG!! I been waiting half a decade to play Dungeons and Dragons: Shadow Over Mysteria on the Wii! This makes having 4 controllers even more worth it!
It runs FLAWLESSLY at full speed!! A HUGE Thank you to everyone involved in this project!! This is hands down the best Wii news I have heard all year!
it plays mame games too?

its a CPS2 game i believe.

yup that's correct, CPS2 games are something no other Wii emulator has been able to accomplish.. I really hope there is some kind of focus to continue to improve support on the FBA cores as priority because this is the one that's been missing in the entire scene which in my opinion is the biggest breakthrough of this emulator.

Been testing out the bigger games 10-30mb in size. I'm a huge arcade co-op beat em up fan and the Wii is the perfect system to play co-op side scrollers on since everyone has many controllers lying around for all the 4 player Nintendo first party.

I can also confirm these games also work nicely in addition to the lists I seen in the thread (I will update this list more later when I have time to test out) :

Alien Vs Predator
Armored Warriors
Dungeons & Dragons Tower of Doom
Dungeons & Dragons Shadow Over Mysteria (Hands down the GREATEST Beat em up ever made in an Arcade)
Gigawing
Battle Circuit

none of the Sengoku 1-3 roms will load.. :(

But seriously, you guys have blown my mind with this news! I been waiting for this ever since Toad King released his first version of Mame back in tehskeen days.
If you guys need donations just take my money!! lol
tumblr_m7772p6K0Z1qdq433.jpg

Reactions: 3 people

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
OMFG!! I been waiting half a decade to play Dungeons and Dragons: Shadow Over Mysteria on the Wii! This makes having 4 controllers even more worth it!
It runs FLAWLESSLY at full speed!! A HUGE Thank you to everyone involved in this project!! This is hands down the best Wii news I have heard all year!
it plays mame games too?

its a CPS2 game i believe.

yup that's correct, CPS2 games are something no other Wii emulator has been able to accomplish.. I really hope there is some kind of focus to continue to improve support on the FBA cores as priority because this is the one that's been missing in the entire scene which in my opinion is the biggest breakthrough of this emulator.

Been testing out the bigger games 10-30mb in size. I'm a huge arcade co-op beat em up fan and the Wii is the perfect system to play co-op side scrollers on since everyone has many controllers lying around for all the 4 player Nintendo first party.

I can also confirm these games also work nicely in addition to the lists I seen in the thread (I will update this list more later when I have time to test out) :

Alien Vs Predator
Armoured Warriors
DD Tower of Doom
Gigawing

none of the Sengoku series roms will load.. :(

But seriously, you guys have blown my mind with this news! I been waiting for this ever since Toad King released his first version of Mame back in tehskeen days.
Agreed!

LibretroRetroArc

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Alien Vs Predator
Armored Warriors
Dungeons & Dragons Tower of Doom
Dungeons & Dragons Shadow Over Mysteria (Hands down the GREATEST Beat em up ever made in an Arcade)
Gigawing
Battle Circuit

YOU can run all these CPS2 games and more with FBA Cores CPS2.

We need a donation in the form of an iPad / iOS device so that we can port RetroArch to that too (and our stuff would be totally free on Cydia - we'll never charge you for any of the stuff we do).Also, extra controllers for 360 would be appreciated as I'm stuck with a broken controller, one still works and it makes testing two-player games on 360 problematic.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Couple of bugs I noticed on the Snes side of things, the sound made during the Konami logo (among others sound effects, such as the cure sound in Breath of Fire 2) sounds garbled, and not as clear as it should. The Konami logo sounds as if it's being outputted at 22KHz instead of 32KHz (if that makes any sense).

I'm thinking it has to to do with libogc; it happens when you switch back and forth between the game you're playing and the emulator menu. Snes9xGx had a similar issue.

LibretroRetroArc

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Couple of bugs I noticed on the Snes side of things, the sound made during the Konami logo (among others sound effects, such as the cure sound in Breath of Fire 2) sounds garbled, and not as clear as it should. The Konami logo sounds as if it's being outputted at 22KHz instead of 32KHz (if that makes any sense).

I'm thinking it has to to do with libogc; it happens when you switch back and forth between the game you're playing and the emulator menu. Snes9xGx had a similar issue.

SNES9x Next v2 is coming along well, and many of the previous bugs were already fixed. I'll check if I can reproduce this Konami sound imperfection with the new core.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

SNES9x Next v2 is coming along well, and many of the previous bugs were already fixed. I'll check if I can reproduce this Konami sound imperfection with the new core.

Whoa! You fixed those bugs that fast!? You're a genius, you know that? How long do you think it will take to complete and implement the new Snes9x Next core, if you don't mind me asking? If you want me to, I can record the Konami sound on Snes9x 1.53 and post it here.

LibretroRetroArc

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

Whoa! You fixed those bugs that fast!? You're a genius, you know that? How long do you think it will take to complete and implement the new Snes9x Next core, if you don't mind me asking? If you want me to, I can record the Konami sound on Snes9x 1.53 and post it here.

Speed in Yoshi's Island on Wii is not yet what it was with the previous SNES9x Next version - so there will be no release until similar performance is reached.

Reactions: 1 person

Chaos Rush

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick question: What do NES games look like on this emulator? I noticed that on FCE Ultra GX (the main homebrew NES emulator for Wii), the colors are inaccurate compared to the original NES. On Virtual Console NES games, Nintendo's own NES emulator has colors that are far more accurate. So I'm wondering if the colors in this emulator for NES games look like FCE Ultra GX, or Nintendo's NES emulator for VC games.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It has to do with the palettes they're outputting, so it's likely a bug that has to be looked at. But since Nintendo keeps all hardware documentation, naturally they'd be able to write accurate emulators.

catuligbat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
FullMetalEngineer, on 03 September 2012 - 08:44 AM, said:

Alien Vs Predator
Armoured Warriors
DD Tower of Doom
Gigawing

none of the Sengoku series roms will load.. :(

Sengoku 1 and 2 works in my case, i have FBA romset and neogeo bios for mame 0.139

LibretroRetroArc

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Quick question: What do NES games look like on this emulator? I noticed that on FCE Ultra GX (the main homebrew NES emulator for Wii), the colors are inaccurate compared to the original NES. On Virtual Console NES games, Nintendo's own NES emulator has colors that are far more accurate. So I'm wondering if the colors in this emulator for NES games look like FCE Ultra GX, or Nintendo's NES emulator for VC games.

Some emulators now have a color palette that is 'calculated' and should be 'scientifically' the most accurate. I believe bisqwit is the one that first touched upon this and started the ball rolling in this thread -

http://forums.nesdev...opic.php?t=8209

Do note that this color palette is not what most will remember their NES looking like on the crummy CRT TVs of the day - so it's quite possible that the 'accurate' color palette is still not up to your liking. Nostalgia and accuracy are sometimes two entirely different things altogether.

Anyway, in FCEUmm, it is possible to switch between twenty or so color palettes. However, I have not hooked this up yet. In a future release, you will be able to switch between color palettes in FCEUmm libretro by pressing one of the unused buttons (still to be determined).

drakorex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've had trouble getting some of the emulators to work. Gameboy games just freeze on white screen or nintendo logo, sega cd won't run, I don't know if it's an ios problem or what

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I've had trouble getting some of the emulators to work. Gameboy games just freeze on white screen or nintendo logo, sega cd won't run, I don't know if it's an ios problem or what
All those emu's work.
Check your images and roms.

Mind sharing wich games you tried?

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
All the pokemon for starters, mario land 2, gunstar super heroes...
Pokémon crash black screen vba next
Marioland 2 works, use the gameboy emulator not vba next

Gunstar Heroes, results in black screen and hard crash without dsi in retroarch!

LibretroRetroArc

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

Gunstar Heroes, results in black screen and hard crash without dsi in retroarch!

Just to make things clear (I think you already explained so in your post) - you're not supposed to be loading anything but Game Boy Advance games with VBA Next - I took out Game Boy/Game Boy Color functionality entirely.

Use Gambatte for GB/GBC/SGB.

Also - Gunstar Super Heroes definitely works on VBA Next - I can vouch for that myself.

sega cd won't run,

Make sure that your BIOS files have the correct names and that they are where they need to be - read the README files that came with RetroArch.

Also, you might just have bad ISOs that are not supported by Genesis Plus GX. Read this post by the main author -

https://github.com/l...e09b0ca75e8#-P0

bottom line is - at the moment you should always load a Sega CD ISO as '.bin', not '.cue'.

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

Just to make things clear (I think you already explained so in your post) - you're not supposed to be loading anything but Game Boy Advance games with VBA Next - I took out Game Boy/Game Boy Color functionality entirely.

Use Gambatte for GB/GBC/SGB.

Also - Gunstar Super Heroes definitely works on VBA Next - I can vouch for that myself.

sega cd won't run,

Make sure that your BIOS files have the correct names and that they are where they need to be - read the README files that came with RetroArch.

Also, you might just have bad ISOs that are not supported by Genesis Plus GX. Read this post by the main author -

https://github.com/l...e09b0ca75e8#-P0

bottom line is - at the moment you should always load a Sega CD ISO as '.bin', not '.cue'.
I'll redump my copy of gunstar super heroes again...... Thank you for the info!

EDIT: Still no luck with gunstar heroes.
The game loads perfectly on vba gx though.
Black screen on vba next- retroarch.

Same for pokémon emerald- black screen with retroarch gx.
VBA GX loads and plays fine.

Both are dedumped personally by me and are working on vba GX.
Are you sure vba next is okay?

EDIT#2 : Seems my video setting was on "core provided" Wich results in black screen in vba next.
Changing this to auto or another ratio presented me with a picture!

EDIT#3 : Seem Pokémon Emerald gives a white screen only in VBA next...VBA GX is loading Fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/FdYTKAVSsXY?si=9E-2AU0JN-4hRZi3