Homebrew Retroarch Emulation Thread (Nightly Builds Included)

GothicIII

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Is it possible to play golden sun 2 with retroarch? I installed the nightly build from today but it just soft resets to the GBA bios boot screen when reaching the 1st dialogue. If I provide a save file the 3ds crashes and restarts as soon as the main menu appears.
Is it really that buggy? I'm using a new3ds btw.

I want to play this game really bad but it doesn't work well. I know it is shitty programmed -.- Best emulator i played it with was tempgba with a dstwo but it tends to crash randomly. Mgba has performance issues with it too.

Can someone help me please? IS it not possible to play it without issues?

Last edited by GothicIII,

DarthDub

Amateur Hacker
Trophies
Website
www.gaiaonline.com
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible to play golden sun 2 with retroarch? I installed the nightly build from today but it just soft resets to the GBA bios boot screen when reaching the 1st dialogue. If I provide a save file the 3ds crashes and restarts as soon as the main menu appears.

I want to play this game really bad but it doesn't work well. I know it is shitty programmed -.- Best emulator i played it with was tempgba with a dstwo but it tends to crash randomly. Mgba has performance issues with it too.

VC Injects are your best bet if you have CFW.

TimX24968B

"That guy"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

1. use the stable builds, not nightlies. much less likely to have an issue.
2. are you sure your rom isn't buggy?
3. if both of the other conditions above are met, try doing a VC inject or looking for an installable .cia from that iso site for the gba game.

Reactions: GothicIII

Greymane

Lurking gbatemp pony
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

Just like TimX24968B said, the stable builds are your best bet for "stable" gameplay.
Be also sure to check if your rom is not faulty.

Though i would recommend VC injection if you want stability, and don't mind the loss of savestates.
The roms from that iso site tend to be good the majority of the time.
The golden sun games are good though since i have fully played them as VC injections.

The password be dammed, so many retry's before correct -.-

GothicIII

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Thank you very much :) I will try this. The rom is not faulty, it can be played on other devices perfectly fine. I checked the hashsum and it's valid.

Didn't know that it's possible to inject gba games and use the building emulator. Looks promising

Greetings

EDIT: Injecting VC is definitely the way to go. No lags, works perfectly. It even read my save file without problems. I created a cia myself.
Just had to install to both sys and emunand after experiencing a crash.

It's sad that emulators can't access the builtin gba hardware of the 3ds from other boot modes.

Last edited by GothicIII,

GothicIII

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Out of interest, why are you still using Emunand? And not A9LH & Luma?
Im using luma and a9lh but I also use gateway. We all know gateway has no firm protection on sysnand + I want to preserve the sysnand i/o-operations (nand is not unlimited writeable and I know of two people that their system bricked because of that, sd cards are easily changeable, nands aren't).

Reactions: matt!

ajfoucault

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have searched all over this thread but have found nothing

In what directory should I put my "disksys.rom" (Famicon Disk System BIOS) in order to run FDS games?

I am running the *.cia version of LibRETRO Nestopia 1.48

Thank you all in advance for your kind help.

ajfoucault

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the help, coinblock.

Also, is there a specific file format that I must use for PSX Discs? I'm using *.bin/*.cue but everytime I select one with the LibRETRO PCSX ReARMed r22 core, it kicks me out. (I have a New 3DS and the PSX bios file is in retroarch/cores/system

edit: Nevermind. Started using an old build and it worked. The most recent one that comes bundled with the Nightly builds doesn't seem to work properly.

Last edited by ajfoucault,

TimX24968B

"That guy"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have searched all over this thread but have found nothing

In what directory should I put my "disksys.rom" (Famicon Disk System BIOS) in order to run FDS games?

I am running the *.cia version of LibRETRO Nestopia 1.48

Thank you all in advance for your kind help.
you can put it anywhere as long as you change the directory to that place in the config.

hitokagex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Anyone able to get the latest PCSX rearmed cia on the latest nightly working? Mine always return back to 3DS home menu after selecting .cue file.

hitokagex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Indeed great news.

1.4.1 works for me with save states. Try deleting your .cfg?

Not working as well, I actually deleted the entire retroarch folder while backing up my save, roms and bios.
I use my phone to record video and with this I managed get catch the error lines right before my screen exit to home menu:

init new dynarec
mmap() failed: No such file or directory

disable BASE_ADDR_FIXED and recompile

Muxi

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Not working as well, I actually deleted the entire retroarch folder while backing up my save, roms and bios.
I use my phone to record video and with this I managed get catch the error lines right before my screen exit to home menu:

init new dynarec
mmap() failed: No such file or directory

disable BASE_ADDR_FIXED and recompile
I got the same error with pcsx.

hitokagex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
I'm aware of those. But since the pcsx core have finally shown up in the build again after so long, I decided to try it and am just wondering if everyone get the same issue.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Thanks for signing up at LinusTechTips
  • QuarterCut @ QuarterCut:
    holey shmoley!
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Your credit card has been charged. Thank you.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Your screwdriverPlus will arrive in three weeks
    +1
  • QuarterCut @ QuarterCut:
    K64_Waddle_Dee_Artwork_1.jpg

my reaction to such information
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Press 1 for English. Press 2 for Pig Latin. Or press 3 to speak to a representative.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, i need help, i got into an argument about what genre radioactive is, and i forgot who made it
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @BakerMan, Imagine Dragons
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Dragon deez nuts across yo face GOTEEM
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    lmao now I realize that was probably the joke in the first place
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    IMAGINE DRAGON DEEZ NUTS ACROSS YO- FUCK HE BEAT ME TO IT
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You have selected 4 - Death by Snu Snu, please stand by...
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lucky bastard
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    hahahaha I'm half way through a bag off my Volcano and my tolerance is way down because I haven't been smoking much lately, so I was a little slow to catch that that was what your angle was 🤣🤣
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Also I was just excited to know a music reference for once (I am the LAST person in the world that you want on your trivia team)
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Bummer webos 7.4 isnt working with dejavuln-autoroot
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    PS4 right? I think that's what mine's on. Or 5.6, maybe.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    [!] Installation failed (devmode_enabled not recognized)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    0.5 seemed to work whatever lol i wont bitch
  • Alysh_Graham @ Alysh_Graham:
    Hehehe
    Alysh_Graham @ Alysh_Graham: Hehehe