Homebrew Retroarch Emulation Thread (Nightly Builds Included)

Crimson-Fyre

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm afraid I don't use Retroarch post 1.3.3 so am not familiar with the new folder structure, but I'm surprised to read that it doesn't seem read save files.

I would double check that I haven't confused save files with save state files (both types of these are in their own dedicated folders by default in the older Retroarch builds).

yea its weird .... the save files it created ended up in the correct folders but when i replaced them with the ones i had already it was as if they dident exist so im wondering if there is maby a diffrent data format or somthing inside the file itself beyond the file extension thats causing the issue

gaseoso

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
I downloaded this earlier because I wanted to play some Sega Genesis games, and it was running perfectly at consistent 60fps.

I powered off my console, and when I turned it back on, all games suddenly started running at around 40fps for no aparent reason! I tried playing around with video settings to no avail. It's like RetroArch is detecting my console as an O3DS, but it still detects the additional Z triggers and C-Stick inputs.

My configuration is New3DS 11.2.0-35U, and running RetroArch through Homebrew Launcher on both SoundHax and OoTHax. I thought there was a problem in the configuration files, so I tried deleting everything and starting over, but still lags. Tried the latest stable build, and then tried the most recent one too, but it's the same. I have no idea what's going on.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I downloaded this earlier because I wanted to play some Sega Genesis games, and it was running perfectly at consistent 60fps.

I powered off my console, and when I turned it back on, all games suddenly started running at around 40fps for no aparent reason! I tried playing around with video settings to no avail. It's like RetroArch is detecting my console as an O3DS, but it still detects the additional Z triggers and C-Stick inputs.

My configuration is New3DS 11.2.0-35U, and running RetroArch through Homebrew Launcher on both SoundHax and OoTHax. I thought there was a problem in the configuration files, so I tried deleting everything and starting over, but still lags. Tried the latest stable build, and then tried the most recent one too, but it's the same. I have no idea what's going on.
What core did you first use?

gaseoso

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
What core did you first use?
Oh, my! I forgot to mention this, sorry.

I used Picodrive first and I got perfectly stable 60fps, and then I powered off. I went using the same later, since it had worked before, but the fps wouldn't go over 45, so I tried Genesis Plus px, but it ran horrible (around 15-20fps). So I tried using Picodrive again, but it's still at around 40-45fps.

TimX24968B

"That guy"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, my! I forgot to mention this, sorry.

I used Picodrive first and I got perfectly stable 60fps, and then I powered off. I went using the same later, since it had worked before, but the fps wouldn't go over 45, so I tried Genesis Plus px, but it ran horrible (around 15-20fps). So I tried using Picodrive again, but it's still at around 40-45fps.
did any settings get changed?
the additional clock might have been disabled in some way

gaseoso

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
did any settings get changed?
the additional clock might have been disabled in some way
I changed the scaling and the input buttons, nothing else. In fact, after this started happening, I deleted it and redownloaded everything to make sure it was 100% back to the default settings (which were what worked flawlessly the first time), but it still ran choppy.

I decided I'll format my SD card to see if this fixes the problem.

TimX24968B

"That guy"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I changed the scaling and the input buttons, nothing else. In fact, after this started happening, I deleted it and redownloaded everything to make sure it was 100% back to the default settings (which were what worked flawlessly the first time), but it still ran choppy.

I decided I'll format my SD card to see if this fixes the problem.
just make sure audio sync is off, thats what fixed it for me.

Mr.Faq2015

/ˈmɪstə ˈfæk/
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Alright, guess I'll ask here about something I'm having issues with (if it has already been asked, my apologies). Did someone try the mame2003 core version >1.3.3 in an o3ds with positive results? Up to today I couldn't manage to get a higher version to work, the issue being that it crashes to the home menu upon doing the soft-reset to swap to extended memory mode (or something related to that I can assume). I wouldn't ask about this if it weren't that I think the core seems to have chances of working properly on an o3ds with not too much process demanding games, and the fact that I only got 1 game to run decently with v1.3.3 of the core which is depressing...

gaseoso

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
just make sure audio sync is off, thats what fixed it for me.
I tried doing this, but it made no difference. I formatted my SD card to make sure it wasn't a reading problem, but nothing.

I'm really puzzled here, because it ran flawlessly the first time and I changed nothing and it's running like ass now..

Greymane

Lurking gbatemp pony
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
pcsx-rearmed is working again since nightly 2017-04-04, going through all my games to see how they are working atm.

EDIT: in game "movies" seem to be better now but still low fps (29/31FPS to 33/38FPS) during them.
still rather low FPS during gameplay, and echo/vibrations of the sound.
Though playable depending on the game.
So not many noticeable(surface) changes i have found yet.

Last edited by Greymane, , Reason: date of the nightly

gaseoso

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Does someone know what should I do to get Retroarch detect my console as a N3DS instead of Old? Is there some sort of hidden setting that has to be changed by editing a config file or something?

Im really puzzled, because it seems that it identified my console properly the first time and never again.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does someone know what should I do to get Retroarch detect my console as a N3DS instead of Old? Is there some sort of hidden setting that has to be changed by editing a config file or something?

Im really puzzled, because it seems that it identified my console properly the first time and never again.
You already deleted retroarch.cfg that should be on the SD root, right?

gaseoso

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
You already deleted retroarch.cfg that should be on the SD root, right?
Deleted everything and started over many times, but nothing.

In fact, I wish I knew what's going on, because I've tried the same I tried the first time (which was when everything worked properly), but still nothing. That's why I think Retroarch is somehow now randomly detecting my console as an O3DS, and I wish there was a way to force it otherwise.

Manurocker95

Game Developer & Pokémon Master
Trophies
Website
manuelrodriguezmatesanz.com
XP
Country
Spain
The newer nightly's of pcsx rearmed since around 2017-04-04 should work, they do for me atleast.
If it is not working for you delete the title and re-install it.
I did that so many times but none worked at all. .3dsx works, but i'd like to have .cia working :(

Greymane

Lurking gbatemp pony
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I only got the SCPH1001.bin. What else do I need? Never needed anything else :\

The newer pcsx rearmed cia uses SCPH5500, 5501 en 5502

You can find the hashes under information, core information

And if that does not fix it you can also backup your saves, delete the retroarch folder and use the retroarch folder from the newer builds, and see if that helps.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: After you shoot it up