Homebrew Retroarch Emulation Thread (Nightly Builds Included)

Stack3r

Shizuo Heiwajima
OP
Trophies
XP
Also, since this IS relevant;
Any way @Slasher115 could post the incompatibility of DSP with FBA NEO onto the changelog/bug list in the OP?
It happens all over Super Metroid, and I didn't play into SMW any further, but I assume it will happen all over that too. The thing is, and you can see this in the video for Metroid, it doesn't every time I walk back and forth, but it happens a lot. It really feels like screen tearing, but vsync is on, and the interval is set to 1. What does the interval do actually?
Added @SeongGino
@Ardend yeah I had that problem so bad but I don't think I do anymore, it never happened on my super Metroid though

pdapanda

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Just tried out DSP on Gambatte .cia. Didn't actually fix any of the audio issues, and games are running slower than they should when using it. Mario Tennis drops to 50fps. Reverting to CSND makes everything run as before, fullspeed and all.
Did you really get the dsp thing?how

SeongGino

The Average One
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
It happens all over Super Metroid, and I didn't play into SMW any further, but I assume it will happen all over that too.

If you're claiming it's every area, well....... I just played a good half hour with it and it doesn't display this behavior. :/

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Did you really get the dsp thing?how

Main Menu -> Settings -> Drivers and change Audio Driver to "DSP". Reboot to apply changes.
I'm assuming because of it's rather plain implementation, it's buggy and isn't exactly taking advantage of it's optimizations right now. In due time, it'll improve (Hence the FBA NEO crash with it on).

Last edited by SeongGino,

Ardend

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you're claiming it's every area, well....... I just played a good half hour with it and it doesn't display this behavior. :/
Exactly, its not specific to Super Metroid, its in SMW as well, and Super GnG as well. Meaning SNES in general. I posted the 10/2 build a few pages back for someone that said CPS1 had it as well. And Slasher was seeing it on Fceumm as well, so I don't think its CatSFC specific. And again, 10/2 build doesn't have this. I thought maybe its hardware related (like different screens on different machines maybe or memory, or something) but two different builds are behaving differently on the same machine. I am envious of anyone that isn't having this issue on newer builds :(

SeongGino

The Average One
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Exactly, its not specific to Super Metroid, its in SMW as well, and Super GnG as well. Meaning SNES in general. I posted the 10/2 build a few pages back for someone that said CPS1 had it as well. And Slasher was seeing it on Fceumm as well, so I don't think its CatSFC specific. And again, 10/2 build doesn't have this. I thought maybe its hardware related (like different screens on different machines maybe or memory, or something) but two different builds are behaving differently on the same machine. I am envious of anyone that isn't having this issue on newer builds :(

I only ever see it on CPS1... but even then, it's not a killer for me; after having adjusted to NJEMU (CPS1PSP, CPS2PSP, MVSPSP) and it's frequent tearing, I'll have this over that.
But... I REALLY do miss the option of the command list.
Can that... come back? Pretty please? I would KILL for that, even if it's only for three emus.
(Oh, and in-menu remapping and dip-switch settings for CPS1 as well, arigatou~ <3)

vladagaja24

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

It happened for me when I was on 2.5hax with newer builds on almost every emulator, almost every rom, more or less frequent probably depending of what was going on on screen, especially CPS1, CPS2, Neogeo, Catsfc. It was a deal breaker and it was a lot heavier than it was presented on your videos of Metroid and SMW.
Like the left side of the screen was chopped frequently and it looked like it stuttered or something.
The thing is that, exactly as you said, if I didn't see and played the better earlier version it would probably grow on me.
But I cannot compromise with the newer build and new 2.5hax cause most important thing for me is as good as possible emulation and that's the main reason of having the homebrew, at least in my case.

You guys should install the themehax offline and go back to 2.1hax, install 10/02 build and try CPS1, CPS2 and Catsfc (any street fighter game will show you the difference in smoothness) and then go back to 2.5 hax to try the same games.
I'm sure you will know what we're talking about then.

Last edited by vladagaja24,

enhasa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DSP causing freezing on gpSP. Games launch but will randomly freeze.

L and R is still missing in the remapping for gpSP as well.

Savefile directories don't save per core even with the option checked.

Smoker1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Was wondering, with the 2.5 ability to OverClock the CPU, would that make some Emus like VirtualBoy run faster? Seems like that one does not want to go up in the FPS.

andremario81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Where did you get your Roms from?
Most rom hosting websites don't give good roms.
Your roms need to be specifically from the FBA v0.2.97.36 Romset.
Google is your friend.
Thanks. I got king of monsters to work. Still looking for a kof game that works I'm trying 98 and 99 but they are being finnicky. Any suggestions? Should I use the prototype? Or ae?

Last edited by andremario81,

Ardend

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey Aliaspider, here you go:
image.jpeg

Reactions: aliaspider

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum