Homebrew Retroarch Emulation Thread (Nightly Builds Included)

andremario81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why do I get the 4096 frames error when I try to load the neo geo emulator? I put the bios files near the roms and I'm using an n3ds on 10.2 with hax 2.5 using ironfall. Using 10/26 nightly

vladagaja24

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
touch the lower part of the touchscreen, you can also bind that to a key or use one of two(?) button combinations.

This info @Slasher115 should put on the main 1st page, together with the info for turning off/on the lower touch screen while in game, by touching the upper part of the touch screen.

Just my two cents.

SeongGino

The Average One
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
To my knowledge, no there isn't. I'm on 10.1 on o3DS and I can't tell any difference between *hax 2 and *hax 2.5 in terms of peformance.

*hax2.5 is all about memory; no performance gains, it's all in the amount of memory unlocked.
Other than DSP (Sound Processor) access, that's it in terms of emulation-specific extras.

Reactions: Real_Redwolf

Azel

Trophies
XP
Country
France
This info @Slasher115 should put on the main 1st page, together with the info for turning off/on the lower touch screen while in game, by touching the upper part of the touch screen.

Just my two cents.
Yeah, same directory as your roms... (OP: Great work, but I think this little bit of info needs fixing ;) )
Done and Done :)

Also I guess DSP will unload some strain on the cpu and help get higher performance from the cpu for the rest of the emulation, guess we'll see :)

Why do I get the 4096 frames error when I try to load the neo geo emulator? I put the bios files near the roms and I'm using an n3ds on 10.2 with hax 2.5 using ironfall. Using 10/26 nightly
I have the same problem with every cores at the moment :\ (same setup, n3ds 9.0, 2.5 ninjahax)
But I can rely on cias though.

Will do some testing with .3ds rom versions at some point, just to have so imput to share in the op.

Last edited by Azel,

vladagaja24

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
"To access the ingame menu, touch the lower part of the lower touch screen.

To turn off the lower screen, touch the lower part of the lower screen. (don't forget to turn it back on before hitting Home IF YOU'RE USING CIAs)
(you can also turn off verbosity, with is on by default with nightly builds)"

There @Slasher115 made mistake, for turning off the touch screen it should be upper part of the lower touch screen.

Reactions: Azel

Azel

Trophies
XP
Country
France
are you sure your gba bios has the right name and is a good dump. (md5 is in the op)

when is the crash happening?(what are you doing before the crash) which rom are you using? (french? eng?)

alternatively you should consider rom injection since you have a 9.0 new3ds.
(made one for golden sun 2 the other day, works great)

Tommyco13

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Where did you get your Roms from?
Most rom hosting websites don't give good roms.
Your roms need to be specifically from the FBA v0.2.97.36 Romset.
Google is your friend.

Last edited by Tommyco13,
Reactions: andremario81

RegularMoron

Trophies
XP
Country
France
are you sure your gba bios has the right name and is a good dump. (md5 is in the op)

when is the crash happening?(what are you doing before the crash) which rom are you using? (french? eng?)

alternatively you should consider rom injection since you have a 9.0 new3ds.
(made one for golden sun 2 the other day, works great)

This gba bios is a little PARADISE to use. Although I hope it's a good one.

The crash is happening a few seconds (5 to 20 seconds usually) after launching GS2 (sometimes before even typing the character's name / sometimes after the title screen). The rom is a French one.

My reason for not using injection is using the *.sav files on vbalink, as I want to do link cable transfer between GS1 & 2.

Azel

Trophies
XP
Country
France
yeah... well they're known to have the wrong bios, had the same issue when I started using gpsp on psp years ago^^''

makes sense for. sav.
(for transfer you could still screenshot in RA or take a picture if you use an injected rom and write that horribly long password lol)

pretty sure it's bios related, with cia, the English rom woks fine.

j'testerai la rom fr si tu veux, mais j'pense que ça serai pareil.
(could try the french rom if you want, but will prolly be the same)

Reactions: RegularMoron

RegularMoron

Trophies
XP
Country
France
[offtopic]The password is horribly long yeah xD, plus it misses a few things. The link transfer is a complete backup. It's the reel thing. I compared both of these methods when playing it 10 years ago (I had 2 gba at that time)[/offtopic] ;)

*snip*

Last edited by RegularMoron,
Reactions: Azel

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Why do that when they make bogus accounts