Homebrew Retroarch Emulation Thread (Nightly Builds Included)

ric.

Drivin' to meme country
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Another SNES core?
would be interesting to compare it with the other 3 :P
Maybe a faster, less accurate SNES core for O3DS users? I remember seeing pocketSNES running on a GBA of all consoles (with no sound and slow as molasses of course, but that's to be expected I guess), so I have high hopes for this.

Reactions: Deleted-236924

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Maybe a faster, less accurate SNES core for O3DS users? I remember seeing pocketSNES running on a GBA of all consoles (with no sound and slow as molasses of course, but that's to be expected I guess), so I have high hopes for this.
So is PocketSNES out as a core yet? Or has it only been added to the commit?

RegularMoron

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Is there a way to use multiple config files?
Or even to use a specific config file for a game?
Even a way to manually switch would be good. I've tryied to use "Load config file". I thought it would be okay for that purpose, but it seems to be blocked on "retroarch.cfg".

Strangely enough, it seems to save config files without problem. It is just not loading anything else than retroarch.cfg.

Last edited by RegularMoron,

kiwiis

キウィイス
Trophies
XP
Country
Which emulator would be considered faster with SegaCD games in general (N3DS). GenPlusGX or Picodrive?

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Looking at the commits seems like pocketSNES is incoming. I wonder if the speed will be better than CATSFC?

On N3DS at least, it's significantly faster than regular CatSFC when it comes to some games like Super Mario RPG, and the sound pitch isn't wrong in every game like on regular Cat. i'm also trying to port Blargg's APU to it so we can have a Plus version, but it's not working yet.

Reactions: Rockhoundhigh

Smoker1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Which emulator would be considered faster with SegaCD games in general (N3DS). GenPlusGX or Picodrive?
However, if you have any Rom Hacks like Sonic Heroes Classic, or Ultimate Mortal Kombat Trilogy, you will have to use PicoDrive. Gen+GX will give you a Error after a while

Reactions: kiwiis

Rockhoundhigh

Man with a mission
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On N3DS at least, it's significantly faster than regular CatSFC when it comes to some games like Super Mario RPG, and the sound pitch isn't wrong in every game like on regular Cat. i'm also trying to port Blargg's APU to it so we can have a Plus version, but it's not working yet.
I'm surprised that it seems to run so much better, and without the high-pitched sound too! Does that have to do with the fact that it's based on Snes9x 1.39 or more so that it's ARM-optimized?

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I'm surprised that it seems to run so much better, and without the high-pitched sound too! Does that have to do with the fact that it's based on Snes9x 1.39 or more so that it's ARM-optimized?

I imagine it's more because of the latter; it has an APU (audio processing unit) emulator written entirely in ARM assembly, along with other sections that are written entirely in ARM assembly (and in fact, not all of the ARM assembly sections that pocketSNES even has are being used at the moment, but I'm not sure which ones are disabled off the top of my head).

Last edited by daxtsu,

darklinkpower

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Omg, I hope that with the new Snes core, o3ds users can finally play snes at full speed. thanks to all the people involved, you are amazing.

thebatdadd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GPSP is running pretty poorly for me, hax 2.5 here with N3DSXL on 9.6 FW, using ninjhax as the entry point. Pokemon Fire Red works very well but Super Mario World and Yoshi's Island both are pretty chuggy. Haven't tried any other games. I'm using the build from November 3rd. Should I try a later build, or maybe an even earlier one?

tivu100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GPSP is running pretty poorly for me, hax 2.5 here with N3DSXL on 9.6 FW, using ninjhax as the entry point. Pokemon Fire Red works very well but Super Mario World and Yoshi's Island both are pretty chuggy. Haven't tried any other games. I'm using the build from November 3rd. Should I try a later build, or maybe an even earlier one?
Second this, one game works well on mgba, another works well on GPSP ( http://www.ign.com/games/tmnt/gba-794099 TMNT not working well on GPSP but working well on mgba. Pokemon Fire Red not working well on mgba but working well on GPSP ....). N3DS XL FW 9.9 using latest nightly 3dsx build with Ironhax 2.5. Wish for one working emulator only so that would save time from getting back to HBL to launch another emulator.

Last edited by tivu100,

thebatdadd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Second this, one game works well on mgba, another works well on GPSP ( http://www.ign.com/games/tmnt/gba-794099 TMNT not working well on GPSP but working well on mgba. Pokemon Fire Red not working well on mgba but working well on GPSP ....). N3DS XL FW 9.9 using latest nightly 3dsx build with Ironhax 2.5. Wish for one working emulator only so that would save time from getting back to HBL to launch another emulator.

I actually forgot that I turned vsync off right when I booted up retroarch gpsp for the first time and left it off haha. I turned it on again and now every game is running smooth as butter. Super Mario World, Yoshi's Island, Advance Wars 2, you name it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay