Homebrew Retroarch Emulation Thread (Nightly Builds Included)

webhead101

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Look for 'FBA v0.2.97.39 reference set'.
This is the romset FBA expects.

FBA supports compressed roms (.zip). When you load content, select 'Load Archive'.

It works now, sort of. I can run the game....at 17 fps. I am using an n3ds, so I doubt it's my hardware. Since I recently got hombrew on it while it was on the latest firmware (11.3.36), I am running the .3dsx version of the emulator. Would running the .cia be better? (once CFW for 11.3 is a thing)
Thanks for everything.

uaeip

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
whenever i launch .bin or .cue file (psx rom) i get error "disable BASE_ADDR_FIXED and recompiled" only when i use 1.5 version.. how to fix this? i get low fps on older versions i want to play psx on my n3ds :(

Blaithnaid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So, I downloaded the .cia version and installed the retroarch_3ds.cia from the cias folder in the .zip, but when I boot it up, I just get a black screen for about a minute and then I'm returned to the home menu of my 3DS. What am I doing wrong? I wasn't sure where to put the folder called "retroarch" in my 3DS so I just put it on the root of my SD card. When I install the .cias for the individual cores, I can get to the main menu of retroarch, but I'm only able to load games using the core who's cia I installed, and picking any other one crashes retroarch.

TimX24968B

"That guy"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I downloaded the .cia version and installed the retroarch_3ds.cia from the cias folder in the .zip, but when I boot it up, I just get a black screen for about a minute and then I'm returned to the home menu of my 3DS. What am I doing wrong? I wasn't sure where to put the folder called "retroarch" in my 3DS so I just put it on the root of my SD card. When I install the .cias for the individual cores, I can get to the main menu of retroarch, but I'm only able to load games using the core who's cia I installed, and picking any other one crashes retroarch.
Running the retorarch_3ds core just runs the last retroarch thing you ran. Install one of the other ones which you intend to use.

Blaithnaid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Running the retorarch_3ds core just runs the last retroarch thing you ran. Install one of the other ones which you intend to use.
Is there no way to just have some sort of all-in-one launcher cia? Or do I have to install the cias individually and run them only like that.

Muxi

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Is there no way to just have some sort of all-in-one launcher cia? Or do I have to install the cias individually and run them only like that.
retroarch.core is an all-in-one-launcher. You have to install the cias of the cores you want to use and put them elsewhere in a folder. Starting retroarch let you select any core you have installed.

alexg1989

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
retroarch.core is an all-in-one-launcher. You have to install the cias of the cores you want to use and put them elsewhere in a folder. Starting retroarch let you select any core you have installed.
is there a guide anywhere that shows exactly how retroarch is supposed to be installed?

I have a 2DS with Luma, a9lh....

plug313

Trophies
XP
Country
honestly it sucks to have every core separately. it kills the purpose of retroarch, which is to have an all in one emulator.
there should at least be a way to install the separate cores as "dlc" for the main cia so they don't have a separate entry on the home screen.

TimX24968B

"That guy"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
honestly it sucks to have every core separately. it kills the purpose of retroarch, which is to have an all in one emulator.
there should at least be a way to install the separate cores as "dlc" for the main cia so they don't have a separate entry on the home screen.
I thought retroarch was more to port other emulators to other systems, not necessarily an all-in-one.

ajfoucault

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can Genesis plus px emulate the 32x console? And if so, which extensions should my files use so that it's detected by the system? Regards.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: oof