Hacking Emulation RetroArch/Libretro Thread: PS Vita Edition! Nightlies Included

Imhullu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Surely people in this thread are filling up their memory cards with goods.

Anyone have a card crap out on them?
Just bought a 64gb and can't help but be nervous about all the horror stories I've read with them. Fingers crossed!
I've had one for 2 and a half years, and it hasn't quit yet(kuwabara, kuwabara). Works fine, haven't had any notable failures. Although it'd be reeeeeal nice if I could get PCSX to work as well as some others have... From what I understand, these are some pretty low quality cards, but even if that's the case, I wouldn't expect immediate failure. You'll probably be alright.

Reactions: lbruckus562

Zukov

Dinosaur
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
First off, sry for my english.
Second, great work! I'm really enjoying all this jewels. Thanks guys.

Okey, so here we go.

I just got the problem: "RetroArch refuses to accept input". I'm sry. but I jump from page 64 to write this.
Emulator: PCSX from last nightly (2016-10-02_RetroArch-1)
I got this problem right after going to the menu at the same time that "Mad Panic Coaster" was loading the first stage. I read something about not saving state when the game has something to load, but I was just going to the emulator menu.

I allready erase configuration and core.configuration.
Nothing has change.
Uninstall the emulator and reinstall it (same nightly).
Nop.

I dunno if the others cores are affected by this cause I'm testing a memory card dedicated to the PSX.

Sometimes it gets the input, but is highly unnacurated
I press up, it goes to the last option, up again and nothing. When I confirm, the emulator double clicks and goes two folders forward, etc...

Any thoughts?

abelxcane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've had one for 2 and a half years, and it hasn't quit yet(kuwabara, kuwabara). Works fine, haven't had any notable failures. Although it'd be reeeeeal nice if I could get PCSX to work as well as some others have... From what I understand, these are some pretty low quality cards, but even if that's the case, I wouldn't expect immediate failure. You'll probably be alright.
What problems are you having?

lbruckus562

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The seller claims it's new, and offers a 14 day return. Should give me enough time to see if it check out ok.

I dodged a bullet yesterday. Bid on 64gb and won on eBay for $100...without reading the description first (doh!)..seller said it wouldn't format and would throw an error code. Was not easy to get him to cancel the sale lol. But now that situation has got worried.

dante-feline

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Just bought a 64gb and can't help but be nervous about all the horror stories I've read with them. Fingers crossed!
Got a 64gb card used. I've wrote and deleted hundreds of gb worth of data from it already. (backups, psx roms now).
Been using mai, too. Which dumps writes thousands of files as opposed to one vpk file.
No wear on my sd card yet. It's not as delicate as I've heard they are.

Imhullu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What problems are you having?

https://gbatemp.net/threads/retroar...ightlies-included.437034/page-74#post-6715562

https://gbatemp.net/threads/retroar...ightlies-included.437034/page-76#post-6718587

Games consistently crashing with bios usage, not opening, not getting past main menus, etc. Basically, no matter my setup, I can't run a bunch of games, but when I don't use any bios, I can at least get some games to run.

And on a side note, I tried the 10.2 nightly, and it seems to be really buggy for some reason. Doesn't respond to me pressing buttons in the main menu most of the time. Might be freezing up or something. I'll probably just fall back to an older version.

abelxcane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You may be fine. I have two memory cards with one being a 16gb and this came with a OLED model I bought used and it is still fine though this can just mean I got lucky.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

The only problem I get with .pbp files is if I put it in sleep mode and come back to the game the next loading screen freezes the game. Do you make the .pbp files your self?

Last edited by abelxcane,

Imhullu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Interesting. I just tried PCSX on the 09-28 nightly build, and it seems to be working. I was able to actually open Clock Tower and Mega Man Legends without immediate crashing. I'll test some more.

EDIT: Damn, even Tomb Raider is working. Well, I guess I found my winning version. Still crashes when you close a game, but it's better than what I've been getting. This is exciting. Anyone know how I can map the shoulder buttons to the right analog stick? It's a little tough to play MML with normal Vita controls.

Last edited by Imhullu,

rjwboys

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You may be fine. I have two memory cards with one being a 16gb and this came with a OLED model I bought used and it is still fine though this can just mean I got lucky.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

The only problem I get with .pbp files is if I put it in sleep mode and come back to the game the next loading screen freezes the game. Do you make the .pbp files your self?
i get that problem with bin/cue files so its not a .pbp file thing

SuperDan

Im Aware ... Im Unaware
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

had my 64gig card 2.5 years & no issues here

Zukov

Dinosaur
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
So I was wrong.
With the new nightly we have access to the touch pad on the back.
But my fingers are messing with this, that's why I can't use the menu properly.

That's a heavy weight off, cuz I really love it since the SNES9x came two months ago.

deathblade200

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok whoever added back touch support in the xmb really wasn't thinking it is SOOOOO annoying we need a way to disable it I thought my vita was just fucking up at first when my menus kept freaking out

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok whoever added back touch support in the xmb really wasn't thinking it is SOOOOO annoying we need a way to disable it I thought my vita was just fucking up at first when my menus kept freaking out
If you have a l2/l3 r2/r3 grip it shouldn't be too much of a problem. About to try it myself.

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Official PS1 games on PSN work in exactly the same way.

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm waiting for the toolchain to be updated on the buildbot, when that happens you guys will get a new build with L2/R2/L3/R3 support for PS TV and rear touchscreen support for L2/R2/L3/R3.
L2/L3 R2/R3 works good with the recent retroarch builds using the new hori grip. Thanks.

Last edited by cvskid,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: +1