Homebrew RetroArch Switch

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Yeah, once you got through those crashes - if you have the correct bios files, games will load - but the experience will be as described above.. ;)

D

Deleted User

pcsx_rearmed

maybe somebody can try to compile it , i am getting always the
please install libsdl (libsdl1.2-dev)

and its installed

Kobigov

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this includes the color fix , and it loads the games. (Thx GDKChan from the RyuJinx Team for fixing the Color issue)

the newest commits of Misson2000 are doomed please wait for a fix

Spiderman now has colors. 20180306_154258.jpg

Reactions: lordelan

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Ah, setting the dashboard to dark gives you a mostly black background, if you are lucky, setting it to white has it washing out the game overlay severly.... wondeed how some of you got to judge color on that.. ;)

(In the image above you still see the dashboard (HBL) on screen as well, button symbols at the bottom of the screen.)

Last edited by notimp,

Kobigov

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah, setting the dashboard to dark gives you a mostly black background, if you are lucky, setting it to white has it washing out the game overlay severly.... wondeed how some of you got to judge color on that.. ;)

(In the image above you still see the dashboard (HBL) on screen as well, button symbols at the bottom of the screen.)

Something fun I noticed is that if you wake the system from sleep you can see that the menu is still running in the background, it's not just a frozen image. (the lock screen actually has the 3 button thing).

Reactions: Deleted User

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Something fun I noticed is that if you wake the system from sleep you can see that the menu is still running in the background, it's not just a frozen image. (the lock screen actually has the 3 button thing).
That thing actually is active in all Retroarch nros - even those that supposedly "work". If you standby/resume, screen timeout suddenly will be 4 seconds or so, untill you press a (or "one button") rapidly three times in a row. That button then registers as well "in game" as in the (invisible) "resume" screen, and allows you to make screen timeout be set to normal values again, once you've three button pressed it away. ;)

In picodrive I actually noticed, that even the sound cues are still there.. :)

Also - fun fact, in pFBA (developed with libnx), none of this is an issue - everything works as intended, the screenshot button works, ... But as usual the retroarch team doesnt seem to care so much, because they already bet on the wrong horse, again.. ;) Thats me being facetious, but truthful.. ;)

Also knowing the little "set to dark" trick, I finally made it through the intro of Policenauts - which is a 2D game, and gamespeed - judging from the voice samples is somwhere between 1/2 and 1/3 of the intended speed. It actually was joyfully "trippy" - once you've got the unskippable action intro out of the way, to hear the protagonist say "Ilene" in a japanese voiceover at lower than half speed. It amused me for about five minutes. Then I had to turn it off... ;)

Again - no full speed in either the bios screen, nor FMV video sequences, nor a 2D game environment - at least not in Policenauts... :)

Last edited by notimp,
D

Deleted User

we have to wait for a proper retroarch release in LIBNX but this might never happen since they are already on the wrong horse i am happy that i could bring some cores to the people so they can atleast play a bit.

i hope i can fix gambatte so we have gameboy in full speed.

Reactions: notimp and untok
D

Deleted User

Tested gearboy runs intro sound metallic then write name and it go back to hbl. Tried psx on different bioses no luck. Played mario rpg now when its saves at last. :yaynds:

try mgba is a bit slower but wont crash , psx should work fine

solrac21

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tested gearboy runs intro sound metallic then write name and it go back to hbl. Tried psx on different bioses no luck. Played mario rpg now when its saves at last. :yaynds:
Yeah, im having the same issue with beetle. I've tried a few BIOS files and it quits back to hbmemu. I tried moving files, renaming a working BIOS I had for PC emu but no luck. Not gonna give up tho :) I wanna help test games.

D

Deleted User

Yeah, im having the same issue with beetle. I've tried a few BIOS files and it quits back to hbmemu. I tried moving files, renaming a working BIOS I had for PC emu but no luck. Not gonna give up tho :) I wanna help test games.

you need those 3 bios files

scph5501.bin
scph5500.bin
scph5502.bin

make sure the files are named this way

after that go to settings select the bios folder where the files are hosted , launch an cue file have fun

solrac21

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you need those 3 bios files

scph5501.bin
scph5500.bin
scph5502.bin

make sure the files are named this way

after that go to settings select the bios folder where the files are hosted , launch an cue file have fun
Yeah, had those and did all that. My files work on the PC. I'm going to investigate the BIOS files and move on from there.

By the way, thanks for getting these running.

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Folders dont matter. Ive separate folders for roms/isos, bios, and saves. For all Retroarch .nros. It still works. Just set up the paths correctly and use the right files. Beetle also specifically needs cue files, so google how to create them if your games come packaged as isos f.e.. I had to. Bin and cue or iso and cue have to be in the same folder, thats all.

Unless you want to be the second individual today, that proudly tells us, how he named his folders (the left one is amy, the right one is bob...), because he thinks, that this holds some kind of magic. Like foldernames sometimes do on smartphones. (Tha downloads folder brings all the boys to the yard, and they like - eye bro, wheres my....)

Last edited by notimp,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @SylverReZ, is Pollys alt I knew it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea I see him every once whi!e , incognito
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, I'm not him. Keep looking.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Still don't know why he left unless someone really hurt his feelings
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't know why people get so emotional online just get over it ffs
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He was the ass of gbatemp, everyone knocked on him, I honestly felt bad, even though I was guilty myself, but he egged it all on himself,
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    But he still here, but under dif name, he pm me sometimes still even.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's like they think we'll be in their bed pissing on it the next day
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I feel like gbatemp should make t-shirts or memorabilia to remember the lost ones. I bet the Polly shirts would sell out quick.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah that could actually bring lawsuits
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Tempsuits
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    PollySuits
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Your correct, Somebody would be guilty and there would be riots, then they storm the gbatemp capitol,
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Online or not there are still certain rights that judges would have no issue handing out a warrant over
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just look at Kim dotcom
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Honestly I'm scared to, from you, but ok, lemme turn on vpn, virtual machine, private browser first
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Remember that Alexa robot I gifted you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    And that laptop Webcam you never tapped up
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That robot is here somewhere, I hear it moving around at night, but I haven't seen it for months.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Oh that laptop I give to ancientboi, so you been watching him for months, and he's been watching you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh good more than enough material for the fbi
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn its 5 in morn, I gotta Go wake your mum and send her to work. Check ya later.
    +1
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @BigOnYa, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgtO5sebA9U